• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Nintendo The Official Magazine - Official HG/SS Review!

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • I agree with the ratings which is actually a first for me. Anyway, I was definitely going to he HG/SS but the magazine influences me even more.

That guy's style of writing is very good.

Jaamies

Sharingan User
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    thanks for the post now i can't wait to play HG/SS looks it's gonna better than platinum

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Awesome! The rule that only 6 pokemon can be migrated once a day is no longer in place?! =D Sweet!
    ...And still, I never understood the purpose of applying the given limit to the games anyway in migration. D: It's just nice to know it was uplifted and players can now migrate as much as they want from the same GBA console within the same day. Though, this was actually known since last year I believe it was.

Onto the rating, that's exceptionally well. HeartGold and SoulSilver being recognized with the Gold Award can only do more benefit for it than harm. It will also have impact on the sales of the games as those who take into consideration the rating, they will more likely purchase either one or both of the versions than if it had a lower score. Still, really well and I can only expect more by actually taking the experience into hand.

As for the review itself, it was really informative. I liked the writer's way or writing it all as it wasn't boring in any way. Actually, if anything it would have caught my interest whether I might have been into the games or not.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Its five pages long. Thats not short!!!!

Lolz, with more than half of the pages being taken over by illustrations. =P

The whole written part could fit like on a page, a page and a half maybe. I like pics, but I wish they would have gotten a little more detailed.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Lolz, with more than half of the pages being taken over by illustrations. =P

The whole written part could fit like on a page, a page and a half maybe. I like pics, but I wish they would have gotten a little more detailed.

Well compared to Nintendo Power's recent reviews this is practically a novel. :\

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Cool. 94's a pretty decent score. Guess it's gonna be worth folking out 35£ to get HeartGold.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I loved the review. It makes me even more excited about getting my hands on the games when they come out.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Game.co.uk has it for £35 and free delivery too :P
    Do you get the figures with HMV or game?
    Well i remember buying Pokemon platinum from game. And you didnt have to order them to get the giritana figure you could get it free when you buy in store! I think it will bne the same this time :)

Back