• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo to Announce a New Game Tomorrow – Pokemon Gray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Briefly commenting on this; hopefully I can add more remarks later. Admittedly, I got excited when I came across the news earlier. :cer_boogie: It looks like a lot of people (from websites I've visited) seem pessimistic about the announcement, though, likely because they're guessing that the announcement will be underwhelming - pertaining to a Pokemon spinoff instead of "Gray Version" or "Ruby/Sapphire remakes".

Since Kyuremu and the Sacred Swordsmen movie is upcoming, I'm thinking/hoping that the announcement will probably be Gray Version - it has been a while since Black/White Version's Japanese release (September 2010), and February 2010 was when we first got word of the "existence" of the 5th generation of Pokemon. Furthermore, IIRC it was a question specifically pertaining to Black/White that prompted Junichi Masuda to respond with such an announcement about Pokemon Smash.

Alternatively, since Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition, a rather unexpected crossover title, is getting released in March 2012 (next month) in Japan, it would make sense to have content relevant to that game... Or, yet another Pokemon spinoff could get announced.

As much I'm really hoping for RS remakes, I'm doubting that'll be the announcement (with the aforementioned Kyuremu/Keldeo movie, it would seem weird to have Kyuremu focus in the anime movies and Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza focus in the games simultaneously), although this scenario does feel similar to when the televised debut of Heartgold/Soulsilver on Pokemon Sunday was *hinted at* a few days in advance to the TV premiere and Nintendo's official announcement of the HGSS games' existence (ah, such a glorious day).

Or, the thing will be unpredictable and...we'll see what gets announced when the time comes. >.> In any case, here's hoping for something awesome (optimism FTW)! :D

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well this week seems to be going quick so we will have this Pokémon Smash Sunday news in no time!

There is still a possibility that this is going to be an episode that announces the announcement, however much sense that makes, heh. : P
    Kinda like with HG/SS when Pokemon Sunday showed the gold and silver balls at the end of an episode, only to actually announce the titles the following Sunday's episode.

I thought that, maybe we will see Red & Blue balls or Kyogre and Groudon silhouettes, either that or the silhouette of a new Kyurem forme. Or just no Pokémon announcement whatsoever which would be a let down.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Oh, I don't know. It's gotten to the point that I just expect spin-offs now. :O But, if it is a new main Pokemon game and not something minor, I'll be so happy. If it is a main Pokemon game, I don't mind whether it's a R/S remake or Pokemon Grey. I just want a new, main series Pokemon game. I do think they'd do Grey, and if they do, I hope they add a lot more to Black/White, such as a proper safari zone, Pokemon walking behind you, contests (doubt it though), maybe another region to extend the length of the game etc. Anyway, either way, I'll be very happy. :D

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Could be the Adventure Camp announcment. (No I will not shut up about it until I see something from either Nintendo or Gamefreak XD )

I was going through some old archives on Serebii and found a Sequel to Gale of Darkness for the 3DS that I think was shown at E3. If at all possible I'm praying that THAT is what's going to be shown.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Never heard of (or seen) about Adventure Camp what's is based on?

I was going through some old archives on Serebii and found a Sequel to Gale of Darkness for the 3DS that I think was shown at E3. If at all possible I'm praying that THAT is what's going to be shown.

I remember this now, correct me if I'm wrong but it was this?:

If this was the case then I'd be over the moon!

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I really hope it isn't just XD for the 3DS. Really? I already have it for the Gamecube, why would I want it for my DS?
    I liked the whole, catch a Pokemon, heal it's heart, save the day idea, but seriously, I don't want it for my DS. I certainly don't want the same exact game, either.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I thought that whole XD sequel thing on the 3DS was just a rumor? In any case, if it does happen to show up, then I'm 1000% sold, although it would seem like it might be saved for the Wii(U) instead? Although I'd hope for the 3DS; now you're all getting me excited about another addition to the shadow pokemon series, ha.

Quixote

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
    Honestly, when it comes to things like this, I always try to stay pessimistic because usually they release something that I don''t really want. Remember when they said there would be a big announcement in January and it was just releasing Keledo?

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's likely it's fake considering it sparked out of exsistance for months although the whole concept I'd love even if it has been on GC.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I would actually love XD on my 3DS, however, I'd rather have a Colosseum-esque game rather than an XD port. I want those gen V 3D models put to use! And not to mention, gen IV and V shadow Pokemon. :3 What joy! Bahhh. You guys are getting me way too hyped up.

...SHADOW VICTINI. ;___; Like my Victini persona that I made up forever ago and hardly use BUT STILL it would be nice to see my dreeeeeeams come truuuue~!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    This pretty much confirms we'll get some kind of announcement.
    https://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/

Yay!
    I knew I should have kept checking Masuda's blog daily. I checked it like once this week and saw that his last post was awhile back and just decided to stop checking.

But that's awesome, now we know he wasn't just plugging for Smash! Thanks for posting that bro.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Lots of people keep saying that this week, it'll just be the announcement of the announcement (so that they will say to tune in next week to see the announcement). But I doubt it, the announcement is more than likely this week as Masuda is actually appearing on this week's show. Less than 24 hours to go!

I'll be happy whether its Gray, R/S remakes, a new Stadium game on 3DS.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    Watch us get Keldeo cups jk. Should be exciting. I wonder if the the game is further in developmen then we think and he is just using this date since its the day before the 16th bday

Never heard of (or seen) about Adventure Camp what's is based on?

I remember this now, correct me if I'm wrong but it was this?:

If this was the case then I'd be over the moon!

Could be R/S remakes but using these graphics. That would be a nice treat

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back