• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo to Announce a New Game Tomorrow – Pokemon Gray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • If they announce Pokemon Gray and it will only be released on the 3DS, I will be angry. I don't know how much the 3DS costs now and I'm not looking to replace my DS Lite. They did the same thing when Pokemon Crystal came out as a Game Boy Color exclusive.

And I am also hoping for a RS remake as well, but not as a 3DS exclusive. I remember when I got those games for my birthday in 2003, I had to wait until Christmas just to get the Game Boy Advance SP to play it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm sure if Gray was released after R/S remakes it would get much less sales than before, mainly because there would be so much hype on the remakes that people won't want to bother with a third game at that current moment. I would like the RS remakes first obviously it's been a long time now waiting and it is getting closer but getting a third game out of the way is kinda good because it makes space for the remakes. I'm not saying it will go in that order, it's most likely but Nintendo are always pulling surprises.. Like I say it's equally plausible to be a spin-off but with the amount of spin-offs recently announced I can't think of any more they would release..

Those of you who say remakes are unnecessary, I think you're kinda wrong let's compare RSE's graphics to BW's graphics... everything moving on and having them on the 3DS would spin a ton of money which is in Nintendo's favour, I won't go into more detail because I'm basically swaying towards a remake discussion but I am looking forward to the upcoming announcement nonetheless.

Years
  • At this point, the only things that matter to me are that it's a mainline title (remake or third title, it doesn't matter) and that it's on the 3DS. I'm starved for a mainline title (since I bought the Japanese Black Version) and I want the game to take full advantage of the available hardware.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I really hope it's not 3DS exclusive. I don't have and won't have one of those -.-
    It is Nintendo's newer handheld... The DS was released in 2004, it is now 2012, I would be very surprised if the latest Pokemon game wasn't on the 3DS.

I am actually hoping it is, not just because I happen to own one, but because it would push the Pokemon series to a more technologically advanced console. It would be like the update from the GBC to the GBA, or the GBA to the DS. Could you imagine if the fifth generation games were only playable on a GameBoy Color?

Upgrades to newer consoles are needed eventually, and this would be a great time to switch the series to the 3DS seeing how many sales it has had recently compared to it's rather weak launch.

I'd rather hear about RS remakes than Grey. I'm sick of Unova and I'm ready to get back to Hoenn. Besides, that 10th anniversary is coming up...

I am hoping for a R/S remakes too... Hoenn was my favorite region, and having a modern game on them would be nothing short of awesome. ;D

And I never noticed that it was going to be it's 10th anniversary soon. I guess this means there is a higher chance for R/S remakes than I had originally thought.

There was a Tweet a couple of days ago by Junichi Masuda that said something along the lines of "I hear rumors about a R/S remake, but I never said anything about that..." This made people think he denied it's existence, when really, he actually never really debunked it downright, it was an ambiguous statement and doesn't imply that we were correct or incorrect, just that "he had never said anything about that".

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I'm sure if Gray was released after R/S remakes it would get much less sales than before, mainly because there would be so much hype on the remakes that people won't want to bother with a third game at that current moment. I would like the RS remakes first obviously it's been a long time now waiting and it is getting closer but getting a third game out of the way is kinda good because it makes space for the remakes. I'm not saying it will go in that order, it's most likely but Nintendo are always pulling surprises.. Like I say it's equally plausible to be a spin-off but with the amount of spin-offs recently announced I can't think of any more they would release..

How would it releasing after RS remakes lower the sales by a lot, especially since it would most likely be a year+ after? If anything, I think the game would get tons of sales(although anything with Pokemon in the name has this opportunity, ha), especially seeing as it being ~ 2 years or more away would most likely guarantee it a spot as a 3DS game, which hopefully would allow it to do WAY beyond what BW can(as DS games).

It might be nice to get rid of Unova asap, but it could also lower the sales if it isn't on the 3DS, as I'm not sure how much more they will be able to add(with BW already taking the DS to it's limits and such).

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There's going to be an uproar of speculation between now and right up to the announcement, we may be caught off guard this time.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    There's going to be an uproar of speculation between now and right up to the announcement, we may be caught off guard this time.

Yeah, the weekend feels too far away(if the announcement is indeed planned for Sunday).

Years
  • If they announce Pokemon Gray and it will only be released on the 3DS, I will be angry. I don't know how much the 3DS costs now and I'm not looking to replace my DS Lite. They did the same thing when Pokemon Crystal came out as a Game Boy Color exclusive.

And I am also hoping for a RS remake as well, but not as a 3DS exclusive. I remember when I got those games for my birthday in 2003, I had to wait until Christmas just to get the Game Boy Advance SP to play it.

Why do people always say this? Did you get mad when they anounced D/P for the DS? Nintendo would have to be complete idiots to release their second best selling series on a outdated system.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Wasn't it supposed to be announced this weekend?

Why do people always say this? Did you get mad when they anounced D/P for the DS? Nintendo would have to be complete idiots to release their second best selling series on a outdated system.

Completely agree.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014

New Pokemon game for NES, please.

Wasn't it supposed to be announced this weekend?

Yeah, supposedly on Pokemon Smash. Not sure what is going on tomorrow, as this thread is the first I heard about that. Either way, going to try to see what is up.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Why are you all calling it "Gray" or "Grey" before the title is announced? Haven't you learned that working titles are a bad idea?

Anyway, the third version is going to be released in Japan in September, guaranteed.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Well, considering Gamefreak was one of the first with the 3DS development software during the production of B/W, I really don't see why they'd continue to develop for the DS, especially since it's so old, like everyone else has mentioned.

How would it releasing after RS remakes lower the sales by a lot, especially since it would most likely be a year+ after? If anything, I think the game would get tons of sales(although anything with Pokemon in the name has this opportunity, ha), especially seeing as it being ~ 2 years or more away would most likely guarantee it a spot as a 3DS game, which hopefully would allow it to do WAY beyond what BW can(as DS games).

It might be nice to get rid of Unova asap, but it could also lower the sales if it isn't on the 3DS, as I'm not sure how much more they will be able to add(with BW already taking the DS to it's limits and such).

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

That and the majority of us have played the stuff out of B/W, it would probably help the sales if we took a break from B/W and revisit Unova in Grey version a little further down the road.

I'm pumped to see what the announcement is! RRrrrggg!

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
  • I will be happy anyways if it is the 3rd for Unova, since I was always out-dated since pokemon showed up, and I played nothing but the 3rd games of every generation.
    Like, I played Yellow only after R/B (excluding Green), played Crystal after G/S, being Emerald the exception since I got Sapphire first, played Platinum only for the fourth gen and yeah still haven't played W/B so I'm looking forward to the 3rd release of Unova.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Why are you all calling it "Gray" or "Grey" before the title is announced? Haven't you learned that working titles are a bad idea?

Anyway, the third version is going to be released in Japan in September, guaranteed.

What exactly is wrong with calling it what seems to fit to us, especially considering that I doubt anyone on these forums is part of the game development team(in other words, know what it will be called)? I think Chrome sounds better though, heard some people naming the game that before.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Hey guys, i've been digging through some old (As in last year around the 3DS/B&W launch) interviews that have peaked my interest. The interviews are between Masuda and the Pokemon Company CEO with various remarks on a title being developed for the 3DS, saying that they're developing something that will surprise the player, as well as they want to do something beyond people's expectations.

https://nintendo3dsblog.com/pokemon-company-have-something-in-the-works-that-will-surprise-players
    https://nintendo3dsblog.com/masuda-wants-to-do-something-beyond-peoples-expectations-when-asked-about-pokemon-on-the-3ds

Not to mention, there's this news relic that was never explained (This news article was from April 27th, 2011):
    https://nintendo3dsblog.com/pokemon-heading-to-the-3ds

NONE OF THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT, as it's all news from last year, but do you think it has anything to do with the upcoming announcements?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I'd rather hear about RS remakes than Grey. I'm sick of Unova and I'm ready to get back to Hoenn. Besides, that 10th anniversary is coming up...
    Yet you have a Victini theme currently =P

Hopin its about the recently Trade Marked Pokemon Adventure Camp. There is still very little out there known other than its Trade Marked by both Creatures Inc AND Gamefreak. I don't know if this has been done before cause I don't usually see Gamefreak's logo on side series games or associated with them.

I saw someone say Adventure Camp was the next Stadium, which I'm hoping it isn't since Gamefreak is working on it as well. Hope its a new series of handheld games for thr DS/3DS.

Another rumor I saw was that the titles were Pokemon Adventure: Red Camp and Pokemon Adventure: Blue Camp, which would be a good indication that it was a handheld game and possible new focus.
    This is how I feel about it, I'd rather hear something on Adventure Camp. Either way I feel it's going to be some sort of Spin Off. OMG Pokemon Festa in December was so hyped and what came out of that people?

Pokemon Gray ftw! Idk why alot of people want a R/S remake. Tbh, I think it's unnecessary to remake them because you can just trade your pokemon from R/S/E to your Pokemon B/W via 4th gen games.
    Apparently HGSS were also unnecessary since with that logic I could import most Johto pokemon from Colosseum, XD, and FRLG to DPPt. Making more money and appealing to the fanbase is unnecessary? Hardly, a RS remakes appeals both to a wide range of fanbase as you can see by several comments within this topic and abroad as well as Pokemon Co. who will be profiting from a game they already did that is refurbished. Sounds like a win win to me.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • SSB4 was already announced at last years E3, so it won't be that.

And to people concerned about the new games being on 3DS. It's inevitable that it will happen so you might as well start saving up. They are already releasing games such as Rumble Blast out on 3DS so the transition to 3DS will probably happen sooner then later.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • SSB4 was already announced at last years E3, so it won't be that.

That and being that Kid Icarus Uprising just released, Sakurai tweeted earlier saying that they JUST started working on SSB4, hahaha. So yeah, that game's got a loooooooong way to go before we start hearing about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back