• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen No more legendaries! Please!

What will the New Legendaries be?

• The new legendary will have created the big bang. the Birth of Arceus

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • The new legendaries will be the parents of Arceus, his Mommy and Daddy ^^

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No New Legendaries. Or Minor ones.. eg Manaphy, Phione

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Legendaries that solve a purpose with nothing to do with Arceus

Votes: 63 76.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
Years
So long as they at least give them back-stories, I'm good. I liked Heatran, but it just didn't seem Legendary enough... Its Pokedex entry made it seem less powerful than a Dragonair, even. It was just a strong Pokemon... We need more like Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Arceus, and so on. We need to know exactly WHY they're so great to be called "Legendary."

EDIT: I forgot to mention Phione. Dear God, that was a pointless Pokemon. It was just a weaker Manaphy... That was it. C'mon, Game Freak, you could've done way better!

Ai

; ♥ ~
Years
I agree with there being too many legendaries in the previous generation >_>
Phione was completely unnecessary. Heatran in a volcano, sure... If they had a Darkrai there /had/ to be a Cresselia counterpart as well.

Please, just a legendary trio, two for the versions, one for the 'third' game (Black + White = Grey? xD), and /maybe/ one more but it has to have a story and not a runner or anything. D:

FreaKryptid

LaunchingSnorlaxGetOutOfW ay
Years
Tis the irony of it all, Without legendaries there wouldnt be a game but if they had a whole bunch it would be to overwhelming. I to believe that there should be at least a trio and two others maybe one more but I dont like these events because not to many people ever do them. so just six would be enough.

Massai

Lesson The First
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2011
I'm putting money on seven legendary pokes. Three to mascot Black/White/Gray, a new Trio, and then the fancy event only poke that mascots the entire generation.

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
One trio + 2 event pokemon would be enough. The Sinnoh Region released too many legendaries, which created Ubers. So, 1 trio is good enough

loliwin

→ Level 69
Years
At least all Sinnoh's legendaries werent considered Uber. That'd be hell! XD

I think they'll need seven legendaries. 4 of them will be considered Uber and the other 3 will be considered overused or borderlined, so they'd be as powerful as Metagross, Scizor, Salamence, Yanmega and the likes.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Everyone's talking about legendaries being mascots, but it's not like it'll def. be 100% a legendary being mascot, yes?

hack1

Dragon Green
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
Okay. We need:
-Mascot Trio
-Another trio
-Event legendary

That's all.

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2011
Three main and about two subs, I mean you don't even need the subs, like I would not mind at all if it was only Dialga/Palkia and Giratina in the pearl/diamond and platinum versions, they should defiently make just four legends in this game, I mean what the need for so many?

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
Years
There are enough legendaries. I say, put some old previously-unacquirable legendaries, such as Celebi, into Black and White so you don't need to go to events to get them. That way, people can add legendaries to their team that they've never had before, but the number of legendaries doesn't get any higher than it already is.

Years
I like Legendary pokemon when they're given story and not ~random~. I like ingame events associated with them, and I like them to be epic and worthwhile.
I liked reading about them in the Canalave library, and I like the myth-ness associated with the Arceus plates. :<

So, yeah. More legends, more plot. n_n

Soon we'll be filling a full PC box full of legendaries Dx
I already have one XD

at least five? you mean AT THE MOST 5
follow the johto way
2 giant powerful legendaries
3 powerful normal sized legendaries
W-what?
There were more than that.
In GSC there were:
Ho-oh, Lugia, Suicune, Entei, Raikou, and Celebi.
In HG/SS there were:
Ho-oh, Lugia, Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, and with wifi events: Latias/Latios. :[

There are enough legendaries. I say, put some old previously-unacquirable legendaries, such as Celebi, into Black and White so you don't need to go to events to get them. That way, people can add legendaries to their team that they've never had before, but the number of legendaries doesn't get any higher than it already is.
They're events for a reason. :p
WiFi/Mystery Gift [like Gamestop/TRU/etc] events for all of the Event Only pokemon have or will take place in the near future. :p

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I think they should seriously cut down on the amount of legendaries. I mean Heatran, what the hell was the legend about that? It was created from lava. Great. Slugma IS lava for god's sake.

I think we should simply have:
1 Main Legendary (not necessarily a game mascot, RGBY had the starters for mascots)
A trio
1 event mini-legendary (AKA Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin)

And an extra one unavailable in the first 2 games, but the main legendary in the 3rd installment.

Also I think they need to extend the actual legends which makes them legendary. Heatran, Manaphy and Phione barely classed as legendary in my opinion. The Unown surpassed them in legendary status for god's sake.

Years
I think we should have Darkrai and Cresselia, actually.

Then for the 2rd installment....Regigigas?

Sadly, it won't happen, but it'd be cool.

For example, Regigigas could destroy that bridge in Hiun City in the 3rd game...

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
The Legendaries in generation IV were just disappointing, really. To reiterate what a lot of you have said; there were way too many of them... but also, in comparison to previous generations, the Pokemon themselves; the backstory; the design; all seemed to be incredibly lazy and shallow. Unfulfilled, so to say. I'm praying with Black and White that Pokemon goes back to its roots and realised that five or six Legendaries (with thought put into them) is enough. And please, please realise that event Pokemon are a waste for a lot of people and that they completely screwed up the GTS in Diamond and Pearl. Let us be able to catch most of them in the game itself.

Wishful thinking, huh?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Like in most. Two main, one ultra main, three special.
eg. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf. No need for Cresselia/Heatran really, nor Arceus, Manaphy.

Looking at the above list I agree. Should be able to catch almost all the pokemon... and some of those made it difficult (which I dont mind). Its just the repetitiveness of catching all the pokemon the same way (rather than meeting them after a quest).

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
A Legendary used to be that one Pokémon you could catch near the end to help you shoot through the Pokémon league ;)

I agree with most people that there should be a no legends or at least a lot less.

If they include something 'legendary' then we should hear about this legend :\ and from more than just one person! It doesn't really mean anything if a random guy tells you that <blahblah> did <blahblah> long ago...

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
The only legendaries that would belong in the game, in my opinion, would be the two supporting legendaries. But when you have all these legendaries like Heatran, and Cresselia, and Uxie and all of them, then it makes me dislike Legendaries, even though I never liked them that much, except for the legendary birds and Mewtwo, I like Kyogre too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back