• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen No more legendaries! Please!

What will the New Legendaries be?

• The new legendary will have created the big bang. the Birth of Arceus

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • The new legendaries will be the parents of Arceus, his Mommy and Daddy ^^

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No New Legendaries. Or Minor ones.. eg Manaphy, Phione

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Legendaries that solve a purpose with nothing to do with Arceus

Votes: 63 76.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • For me, we're getting more legendary Pokemon every gen. I would rrather like it if there is at least:

- a trio which has a role in the game [No point with the Regis...]
    - a set of 3 as game mascots
    - an event legend

If GF is going to go create lots of event legendaries, then prepare for a whooping amount of Pokemon movies

Redrup

The Gentleman
    Years
  • Can't say it really bothers me too much. I never use legendaries in my teams. I don't even think I did back on RBY when I was too young for a moral high ground.

~Azure-

~Winter 2010.
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    I don't want a spam of legendaries again :\.5 Maximum simple as that.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    i hope there arent to many becuase if there are alot does that mean they are really legendary, i mean think about it, if there are 11 legendaries are they really legends or just mythic pokemon? or just really rare, any one get my point?

have 3 legendaries to be different, let the starters be on black and white and let gray or rainbow or what ever they're going to call it have the "uber" legend.

the reason i say rainbow might be the third one is that black is color and white is void of color, and rainbow has everything, idk just saying, when they had red and blue they didnt make purple did they?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Only legendary Pokemon I've ever really liked are Latias, Latios and Suicune. So meh, don't really care how many they make.

Swinoob

... [I am not a talker].
    Years
  • Unfortunately, I figure that Game Freak will try to make more and more legendaries every time a new game comes out, like Manaphy and Phione, which were really just sales boosters for the Pokemon Ranger series. Legendaries are supposed to be few and scarce. If they release as many new legendaries as they did in the Fourth Generation, that will no longer be the case.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • dont rly mind about legendaries. make an awesome dark legendary and i'll b happy. (one that doesnt require events, godamit darkrai....)

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Think about this...

I Gen: 5 Legendaries
    II Gen: 6 Legendaries
    III Gen: 10 Legendaries
    IV Gen: 14 Legendaries

For a total of 35 Legendaries.

I hope that V Gen doesn't have more Legendaries than IV.
    Just hope that we CAN'T arrive at 50 Legendaries or similar :D

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I'd say the more the merrier then we have more to do in the game but don't make it retarded like the Regis. I actually want some plot and interaction with people when I go after a side quest legendary and I don't want 5 roaming ones in one game either.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think it'd be weird if they had no legendaries but ugh, not another case of 15 in a game. That is not fun. :/ I got sick of them in Gen 4 because they were all over. It wasn't mysterious or even interesting to catch a Legendary Pokémon anymore--it's more annoying than exciting. The ones that show up in the main plot are fine, and I didn't mind the other ones too much, but then you have Manaphy, Regigigas, Giratina (in D/P), Shaymin, Darkrai, etc. who had no story to go along with them (unless you got the items via Mystery Gift which they didn't do until what, last year?). I just thought it was ridiculous. Also SO MANY ROAMING ONES. Stop artificially extending the game by making me spend hours chasing a Legendary I don't even want. >_>

I'd be fine with the typical group of 3, one "exclusive" for each version, and then one final one they can concentrate on for the inevitable third game in the trio. Anything more will be overkill.

Alas, I expect there'll be as many or more legendaries than gen 4 had, if trends are to be followed. :/

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
    Years
  • My answer? NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Just use old legendaries, or none at all! RGBY Never used pokemon that were legendaries as the main pokemon! Never!
    If they decide to use legendaries, use like cresselia and darkrai or croagunk and snorunt!

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
  • I personally like the legends. They are fun to play with, and collect, and just have. And other than the normal gameplay, i dont use legends anywhere else (such as the metagame, since they ruin it). I dont think they should stop making legends just because some people will cry and quit the metagame cause they are there. Its a game, which Legendary pokemon happen to be a staple of. I love all the back stories to the legends, like Ho-oh and Lugias towers, the legendary beasts getting brought back to life by ho-oh. I also love how deep the story of Sinnohs pokemon was, The dragon trio, the lake trio, and then the legends you get through events.

I say more, just because it adds more to the story line, and it makes the game more enjoyable. Not because some noobs want to use the legends to try and pwn everything in the metagame. Think about the story yo.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I was under the impression that they were just recycling the legendary dogs for this game's legendaries.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    There are enough legendaries. I say, put some old previously-unacquirable legendaries, such as Celebi, into Black and White so you don't need to go to events to get them. That way, people can add legendaries to their team that they've never had before, but the number of legendaries doesn't get any higher than it already is.

100% agree. Best suggestion I've seen on this thread. I live in the UK so I've never been able to get hold of event Pokemon, which just seems unfair really. It'd be ok if the Legendaries were really really rare but I still had a mathematical chance, however small, of catching them; but I'm not going to fly to the USA to get one Pokemon, so I'm losing out really, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Also, 14 Legendaries - or however many there were in Sinnoh - is just ridiculous. Weren't there only just over 100 new Pokemon added in Gen IV? That means more than 1 in 10 Gen IV Pokemon was Legendary... Completely devalues their legendary status when they're so numerous.

My two cents: have starters on the box, or two "standard-bearer" Pokemon - like Lucario and Munchlax were for Gen IV. Then have 2 main legendaries and a trio - preferably something new like Bug, Fighting and Rock. Then MAYBE a third main legendary for the Gen V Platinum equivalent.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    My two cents: have starters on the box, or two "standard-bearer" Pokemon - like Lucario and Munchlax were for Gen IV. Then have 2 main legendaries and a trio - preferably something new like Bug, Fighting and Rock. Then MAYBE a third main legendary for the Gen V Platinum equivalent.

Good idea. I don't really think having the starters would work as they have nothing to do with the titles, but perhaps Zoroark & *insert as yet unreleased Psychic type*, as they would be Dark & (effectively) Light type.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    what would be simples and most original would be to ONLY have the three elemetal things, actually make them powerfull, give them a catch rate of like 3 (rayquaza) and... you can only get one of them per version.

ALWAYS I have devalued the elemental trio since you can get them all, anytime you like. I'm thinking that being able to catch only one element in a game would triple the value of the complete set.
    And DONT RECYCLE OLD TRIOS!!!!! I'll bet you can do some timemachine-trade thing again to get all the other legendaries you want. There are enough lol.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Actually most of the "legendaries" introduced in generation IV werent really classified as legendary :\ I just call them really rare pokemon.

For this generation it should be the sub-trio, the main 2 legendaries, and the 3rd installment of the legendaries. And maybe 1 or 2 event legendaries (hopefully it could unlock something more than just a route, maybe a new sub-region, sevii islands anyone?)

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2015
    A good setup for me would be this:
    light and dark type legendaries (hopefully available in both games like in HGSS)
    a "cute" legendary
    3 or 4 movie legendaries over WIFI
    a crystal onix for an orange island-related sidequest (fingers crossed)
    a monster-like legendary (kind of like darkrai) for the 3rd game to focus on

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back