• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen No more legendaries! Please!

What will the New Legendaries be?

• The new legendary will have created the big bang. the Birth of Arceus

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • The new legendaries will be the parents of Arceus, his Mommy and Daddy ^^

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No New Legendaries. Or Minor ones.. eg Manaphy, Phione

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Legendaries that solve a purpose with nothing to do with Arceus

Votes: 63 76.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Surely there will be a Trio of Legendary Pokèmon like always, the two exclusives of each version, maybe Zorua and Zoroark will be the first ever Male or Female Legendaries Pokèmon.
Also another five-six as usual.

~Wind~

Detective
Years
I say do it Hoenn style, one big awesome trio, one smaller duo and a few minor legendaries dotted about.

Wind

EDIT: just counted the legendaries i n Gen IV: 14, seriously, there are 14 legendaries in Gen IV, WAY too many!

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
If they do happen to add a lot of legendaries, I want them to flood us with history behind them. I want to feel more back-story, or plot, to these guys. Not just some one-liners or something. :[

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I wouldn't mind really! I enjoy all the events and if you can't get to one thats not game freaks fault! I want at least 2-5 ledgenderies though! This is a new region we are talking about, loads of new pokes and region myths and ledgends n' stuff xD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
How about we try for none? DPPt had enough legendaries to cover like four generations. I'd much rather have a nostalgia trip back to RBY and see the starters on the cover. I mean, if anything, have a central legendary or two, but that's it. Maybe something related to a plot? :0

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
How about we try for none? DPPt had enough legendaries to cover like four generations. I'd much rather have a nostalgia trip back to RBY and see the starters on the cover. I mean, if anything, have a central legendary or two, but that's it. Maybe something related to a plot? :0

While I agree with you, it is unfortunately a pipe dream. Nintendo have to draw in the people whose idea of fun is Action Replay-ing a shiny Darkrai to level 100 and just rampaging through the story with a motley crew of ubers.

Those who play the game "properly" will still buy it regardless of what is on the cover.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
More.

More challenges, more fun.

The obtaining of the likes of Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Arceus, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi etc. in Gen IV alone is not a challenge. It's just a pain. You'd get more satisfaction if there was only one legendary. Do you remeber catching your first Mewtwo in RBY? Felt good didn't it? Because you had to wade through that dungeon of high-leveled pokes and also because it was the only legendary (Mew is just frustrating). It isn't a challenge to turn up to a Toys R Us. There should, IMO, only be 1 main legendary catchable per game. Plus, to keep with tradition, a legendary trio (eg. Lake guadrians, legendary birds etc.). That makes the games better. But hey, that's only my two cents.

blue

gucci
Years
I think the designs of the Legendaries are getting abit out of hand;

Shaymin%20Sky%20Forme.png

I think they have enough legendaries already.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 15, 2011
I don't mind legendaries, I just hope that there aren't too many. Sinnoh was just ridiculous... 13? Seriously?

In my opinion, there will probably be...

-Three mascots for Black/White and the third game
-A trio
-Two or three "roaming" legendaries like the Beasts or Latios/Latias
-A really cute one like Celebi or Manaphy (which may be combined with one of the previous catagories)
-Some sort of event Pokemon

...Honestly, though, I don't care about legendaries anyway. I prefer to use common Pokemon, thanks.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2011
ok I want more Legendaries.
and I think they should make a Bug Legendary.
It be a Giant Ant named Antlor of Antlord.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
ok I want more Legendaries.
and I think they should make a Bug Legendary.
It be a Giant Ant named Antlor of Antlord.
A bug legendary sounds like a excellent Idea it could be a gigantic ancient bug... because believe it or not bugs in the past were humongous that they make us look like bugs:shocked:.

Years
I sure hope they only have about three or four more legendaries. After Sinnoh, I'm sick of so many! Bring on the normal Pokemon, we need more! Besides, I'm not getting Black and White until 2011.....

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I don't have a problem with legendaries, I just hope they keep the amount of legendaries for this generation under control. I think the max amount should be like 4, maybe 5.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
6 legendaries. One uber for each version of the game (Black, White, and Grey?), and then a trio of OU legendaries like the Golem trio, the Beast trio, and the Lake trio. Everything else, like Heatran and Shaymin and whatnot, would be uber-rare pseudolegendaries.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I think that they should keep it low, but it mainly matters if the legendary has good back story or not. Also, they make legendaries that don't need be legendaries/shouldn't be. Like... Shaymin. In the Anime, there was field of them or whatever. So.. yeah :/

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I think that they should keep it low, but it mainly matters if the legendary has good back story or not. Also, they make legendaries that don't need be legendaries/shouldn't be. Like... Shaymin. In the Anime, there was field of them or whatever. So.. yeah :/
I would like to correct you by changing your *insert pointless legendary here* to Phione. Nothing is more pointless than that. ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back