• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

level.

Forgot about user titles
Years
  • Yay, My friend told me that common Pokemon are more likely to be shiny. I wonder if that's true. I have 2 Shiny Unown and a shiny tentacool. :)

lol, You got lots of patience. . . . . and time. XD

No, it's not but you encounter common pokemon more frequently, therefore you encounter more shiny common pokemon.

That was really badly put together...

322 hours and none at all.

Bunny69

Serious Buisness
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    I caught a Shiny Nidorina in Route 14.

Like, not even trying. I was searching for a Chansey and it came up.

Years
  • I managed to get a shiny Ho-oh on my HG after a week of soft resetting; unfortunately, I didn't have a false swiper on my team and a critical hit accidentally took him out... Pretty much the last time I'll ever SR legendaries without a master ball in hand =/

Ashdejan

TheForbiddenBeast
    Years
  • I caught a Shiny Pidgey and shiny Geodude.And i fought another shiny pokemon it was tentacool but he was few lvl's higher so he killed me.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I stupidly kill a shiny Venonat by accident(ko'd by a critical hit). never meet any shiny pokemon ever since

Toa Hyro

master of shadows
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    Not counting Red Gyarados nun. But I did saw a shiny Gold Onix in my Leaf Green.

jksa893

Playing Soul Silver
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2011
    I found a shiny hoppip once,route 32 while training my regular hoppip..
    I also found a shiny tangela somewhere below pallet town while training my rhydon though...

HunterX101

Always Up for an IV battle
    Years
  • Caught a Shiny tentacool prefft eirly in my Soul Silver. Didnt even notice till i looked down at the screen.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I was looking for a paras in the bug catching contest today with no luck finding a male. I kept walking around without looking at the screen and I had the sound on. I ran into a shiny female caterpie on level 34! I was so happy that I was using my false swipe scyther for the contest. I caught it with the first park ball! YAYS! I've been wanting a shiny female butterfree since I was ten :) Ten years later I finally have one!

Holy crap! I just found a shiny male spinarak about ten minutes ago! I was just walking around under ecruteak looking for a shiny hoothoot or spinarak and I was just about to go and battle gina then I just had a feeling that I could find another shiny in that grass so I walked around some more looked away from the ds to get a drink and there it was a shiny male spinarak! How lucky is that?! Two shinies without any cheats or methods just by chance within an hour and a half of each other! :) :) :)

Last edited:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I got pokerus twice but i met shiny Pokemon just once. what's wrong with me?

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • Never found any shiny in any other game but I guess SoulSilver is my lucky charm..

found this gal:
    Spr_4h_016_s.png
    in Viridian Forest while looking for a Pikachu to trade to Lt. Surge. She's an Adamant nature 'n all and is a part of my Battle Frontier team. Didn't have the best IV's, but she makes up for it for looking like this as a Pidgeot:
    Spr_4h_018_s.png

Also, today, I found a Graveler in Mt. Silver. (
    Spr_4h_075_s.png
    ) Nope, it didn't explore. Caught her with a Dusk Ball on my first try. :D

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Awhile back, when I first got SoulSilver back in March, it was my first time at the Bug Catching Contest. I was searching for Scyther or Pinser so that I'd have a high chance of winning. One of the first few Pokemon I encountered was a shiny Cascoon.

Spr_4p_268_s.png

I was shocked. Never seen a shiny Pokemon appear in any of my games and I've played Pokemon all my life...I made sure I caught it, even if I thought it was kinda lame that the only shiny I ever encountered was a cascoon. It just felt useless, since it only can use harden. And it isn't really that great looking, nor is shiny Dustox. But a shiny is still a shiny. So I decided to evolve Cascoon into Dustox so she would be usable in battle.

Spr_4p_269_m_s.png

She's currently in training now ^.^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back