• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
  • I caught a Shiny Tentacool in HG awhile back.. Video

Me too. I was surfing on the route between New Bark town and Kanto and I came across one. Caught it. Simple as :D

I've also caught the Red Gyarados in both of my playthroughs. In the second one I'm actually using it in my team :D Somebody needs to be my Whirlpool/Waterfall slave...

Alex Dee Bestest

Staraptor Freak
    Years
  • What shinies do you have?

Yes, we all know you can't catch shinies on HG SS, but if you were smart enough, you transferred your D/P/Pl shinies to HG SS. So what are your shinies. Are they legit or AR or PokeSAV?

Years
  • um on a second thought you better change it. Because I caught a shiny nindorian female when I was at north of goldenrod city. This is my first shiny. I was happy for that. :D Rattta. What area?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I traded for a month and got 300+ shinys, I can't name them all but my favorite are my 6 Black Charizards xD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Going to merge this with the Official HGSS Shiny Pokémon Thread since it still exists. n_n;

Also, Shinies can be caught in HG/SS, they just can't be chained for like in DPPt, since well... HG/SS doesn't have the PokéRadar. I haven't found any Shinies in SoulSilver though. I long the day to finally find a Shiny Hoot-hoot just so I can have a Shiny Noctowl on my team. :]

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Besides the Red Gyarados, nuthin yet. Hopin to find one soon.
    I swear the day I find a shiny that isn't the red gyarados on any game (though I would be happy with a red gyarados on DPP or sapphire) I'm gonna make a competetive team that has it as a lead, or atleast a Vital team Member.

lugiapkm611

The Healing Waters
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    Is there like a Pokerdar or something to help you in HGSS to find shinies?

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    Found my first shiny yesterday (besides the red Gyarados). It's a level 32 Graveler that I found in Victory Road. IT'S FREAKING GOLD!

Years
  • I'm not sure if the Pokemon stay shiny once you evolve them :S be careful.

Also, just the other day I caught my first wild shiny <3 It's an Ursaring, a psychedelic one. Bright green! At least it was one that I could -tell- was shiny. Some of them are hard to spot.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I'm not sure if the Pokemon stay shiny once you evolve them :S be careful.

Also, just the other day I caught my first wild shiny <3 It's an Ursaring, a psychedelic one. Bright green! At least it was one that I could -tell- was shiny. Some of them are hard to spot.

They do stay shiny when you evolve them. :)

In fact, they stay shiny forever. No matter what you do to them.

Is there like a Pokerdar or something to help you in HGSS to find shinies?

There is not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back