• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    I've yet to see any Shinies apart from Gyarados in HG/SS yet. However, I've met many more in the past. My first was Shiny Golbat in Ruby. Later I found a Shiny Pidgey in Fire Red. I also found a Shiny Wooper in Diamond. Years ago, my friend was foolish, so just by me trading the legendary dogs and Regis (this was before FR/LG, so the only way for the dogs was Colosseum, but I could just restart) and I got a shiny Castform, Meowth, and Pikachu (not all were his, some he traded for from his friends). Also, as I was testing my ROM hack once (mind you, I DID NOT mess with the shiny encounter rate), I got a Shiny Torchic. I count that one, too, and actually copied the save file from the hack and put it onto another Ruby ROM to actually play.

I'm currently looking for some Shinies in SoulSilver. Hopefully I'll find one soon...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In my old HG game (before I lost it), I was SRing for a Timid Mewtwo. On the third reset, it came up shiny; when I caught it, it was Timid, but didn't have the IVs I wanted (I kept it anyway). In my current SS game, I ran into a shiny Tentacool while looking for Seel; it was Quiet (which wasn't I wanted) when I caught it; I kept it, though.

Dominati0n

Sir Psycho Sexy
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Lol alright then :3

To keep this post from being spam, I have caught a Shiny Zubat in Soul Silver before and saw a Shiny Slowpoke, which I ran from by accident. >__>;

I've been searching for a shiny Zubat/Golbat for a while. I used to have a shiny Crobat in Diamond that I really liked... hard to find another.

I have yet to encounter a shiny in HG, my luck seems off.

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Is it possible to chain pokes in heart/soul without the radar? if it is then wouldnt it be possible to chain slowpokes in slowpoke well by surfing in level 1? As they are their 100%!

Years
  • I caught the rarest shiny pokemon ever in my Heartgold,
    A RED GYARADOS It even waited for me in sprite form so i could catch it...

the morale from this, i havent seen a shiny in my HG yet except the red Gyarados
    Im training for the pokemon league in victory road maybe a shiny Rhyhorn or a shiny Donphan will appear? please <3 haha :)

Mcguinness3

AnimeFreak and Pokélover.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    I reset nearly 100's of times for shiny lugia. Sadly, was not ment to be and i just wanted to carry on playing the game. However i did manage to get a shiny Geodude at random, so it's not all bad :)

Gentlemen

Let's fight like...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2010
    Shiny Milotic (had to trade since you can't get em ingame...had to fight Misty again so that it could be recorded in my dex before going to the gtc...grrrr)

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Is it possible to chain pokes in heart/soul without the radar? if it is then wouldnt it be possible to chain slowpokes in slowpoke well by surfing in level 1? As they are their 100%!

No, there is no chaining in Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Even if there was, you can't chain in caves or on water, only in grass.

There is, however, a PokeRadar (the item that allows chaining) in the PokeWalker, but it does not work the same way in the PokeWalker as it does in DPPt.

In the PokeWalker, if you have a special SID/ID (which is very rare) you can have a 1/32 chance of getting a shiny. But this happening is very rare. Probably rarer than an actual shiny in game. XD

Vulpixer

Ooh...Stealth Mode...
    Years
  • strangely, I found shiny Pokemon a lot on the old Gold version. I had a shiny rattata, pidgy, and magikarp. none in HG though. I'm trying breeding though with that one method which I can't remember the name of. You know the one where you mix the nationalities. (woo french eevee!)

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    No, there is no chaining in Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Even if there was, you can't chain in caves or on water, only in grass.

There is, however, a PokeRadar (the item that allows chaining) in the PokeWalker, but it does not work the same way in the PokeWalker as it does in DPPt.

In the PokeWalker, if you have a special SID/ID (which is very rare) you can have a 1/32 chance of getting a shiny. But this happening is very rare. Probably rarer than an actual shiny in game. XD

Ahh ok, i appreciate the response thankyou.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I really hope I come across a shiny when I go back to my SoulSilver game, would be great (:

I still have alot of grinding to do before I even attempt red so *fingers crossed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back