• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Most people refer to him as Gold because of the Pokémon Special/Manga. After people started hearing it and reading it more and more then it became somewhat of a trend to dub him that name, Gold. For example, with Dawn, I believe she is Pearl in the Manga, but because of the anime being such a strong influence on her they mostly call her Dawn.

this new girl, she might have a completely different name, like how Dawn and May had different names other than it just being based off of the game's title.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    He could have thought of creating this new girl fo rmany reasons, but I definitely agree that he simply might have wanted someone [a new character] to use his new design over Crystal.

Years
  • I don't mind the default names as long as I still get to name them. As long as they don't pull another "Brendan." I'm okay. I really didn't like the name "Barry." Ugh. (I named him Andrew.) Heart seems like a nice name for her.

For assumption's sake:
    For HeartGold Girl=Heart, Boy=Gold, Rival=Silver.
    For SoulSilver Girl=Soul, Boy=Silver, Rival=Gold.

It's just a guess. I think I'm wrong, though.

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
  • No, not quite ram her face with an 8 wheel truck but more of smash her round the back of the head with a sledge hammer sort of person. I don't know what it is but I see that picture and think she's a freak. I can just about accept them replacing Crystal, but... WITH THAT! I'm insulted.

Then again. I did get used to Dawn and Lucas.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like the new girl's hat for some reason. It may be a bit big but it still is cute with the bow.

Her socks are just way too long for me though, and the black strip on it is what I don't like.

All in all, she still looks good the way she is.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
  • So what if its not Crystal?

Ok, yes this is spawned from the millions of redundant counter points regarding the new female character, however it appears that a lot of people are starting to assume that EVERY feature from Crystal will not be included in this game simply because of the female trainer, and I say....why? You believe Move tutors and battle towers possibly wont be included? Hell, the option to play a female character is STILL here.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    No, not quite ram her face with an 8 wheel truck but more of smash her round the back of the head with a sledge hammer sort of person. I don't know what it is but I see that picture and think she's a freak. I can just about accept them replacing Crystal, but... WITH THAT! I'm insulted.

Then again. I did get used to Dawn and Lucas.

If you can do that, damn, you can do anything.
    I've been playing D/P/PT since '07 and I'm still iffy about Lucas' beret.

IT'S THE FIRST THING I SEE WHEN I HIT CONTINUE, AND IT's THE LAST THING I SEE WHEN I HIT SAVE.

Last edited:

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
  • eh heh... I actually love the hat... not the rest. lol! I wish they either Gave crys the marshmellow hat (KAWAII!) I never played crystyal, I guess its ok she's being replaced, but... quote "With that?!" ugh...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they did keep Crystal, and did not put in this gret new female, then what would have peopole said if Crystal looked the same, except with these new clothes on? Just a question to think about...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Not all of her is terrible. I mean she does have some better features over Kris that I prefer.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • I would be outraged, though, would probaly be able to stand her more with blue hair. And anyway, Crystal didnt have a miniskirt in the original (Someone said she did in an earlier post) She had running shorts.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I hope with the new girl her supporting role will be an interesting one. I would like to battle her at least once, to see if they might make her sprite move.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I always assumed Gold was gold
    Especially since back in gbc gs the rby hero and rival were blue and red :>
    I assume they are all named after their versions

Anyways
    I think she's Soul
    Which would be a wicked awesome name :>

Heart is too Girly x3

But I'm going do just name her after myself
    I always do

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am sure a lot of you will get used to how the girl is. Her hat reminds me of a big bonnet except a bit different, and I am okay with that.

The socks I could get use to no matter how long they were, at least they aren't stockings.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I hope with the new girl her supporting role will be an interesting one. I would like to battle her at least once, to see if they might make her sprite move.
    Got a point there.
    Dawn/Lucas wasnt intresting in D/P/Pt as you cant battle him/her.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would like the girl more if we were allowed to at least have one good battle with her. I mean I was upset we couldn't get to battle Dawn/Lucas, yet in RSE we got to at least battle May/Brendon who were bearly much rivals.

Back