• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Hey, does anyone remember the female trainer from Pokemon Stadium 2?
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

hairstyle is very, very similar to Soul's.

COINCIDENCE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
    Yuo never knew if they add Crystal in for a little Cameo in the game, just for nostalgia sake.

I actually think they will add her. Maybe she'd appear in the Battle Tower or just somewhere else in the game (hunting Suicune?)

Hey, does anyone remember the female trainer from Pokemon Stadium 2?
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

hairstyle is very, very similar to Soul's.

COINCIDENCE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Uhh, dunno. She is also very similar to the male Trainer in Stadium 2. I guess they wanted to make someone who's kinda similar to the male trainer, cause they didn't know what to do else or there'd be confusion with other Trainers in Stadium 2.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like her. She's just too cute to be eaten. crystal's nice and all, but I prefer her more than Crystal.

I strongly agree. At least the new girl has normal hair as well. I like her shirt under the overalls a lot as well, they're not plain and old looking, but different and unique.

Years

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think the new girl gives off an innocence about her. Has else anyone noticed that her shirt looks a little bit similar to Leaf's? (I first noticed when I first saw the new girl's pic.)

https://pokemonfan.net/images/corocoro/gsds1.jpg
    https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/evafan24/pokemon/FireREd.jpg

I don't mind that she "replaced" Crystal. Hey, I have an idea. What if Kris was the Elite Four Champion? OR! She was head of a Battle Frontier/Tower in Kanto?

I do see the similarity with the black round thing by their neck. It's an interesting theory.

I really don't think she replaced Crystal but instead is just a new Johto girl.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That is such an interesting similarity between Leaf and the new girl. I think we are going to need a full set of pictures with Dawn, May, Crystal, and Heart/Soul and see what else they've taken into making this new female protagonist.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Well no, I don't love her but I don't wanna ram her in the face either. I'm more so indifferent about her. She could be better, but she isn't horrible or anything. As said, she reminds me of a Mario character.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I agree with the person, like everything else, there's good things about her, and bad things about her.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well no, I don't love her but I don't wanna ram her in the face either. I'm more so indifferent about her. She could be better, but she isn't horrible or anything. As said, she reminds me of a Mario character.

I strongly agree. Yes she could've been better but she still looks like a country Johto girl. To me, I wouldn't know what she could wear if she didn't have those overalls. I wouldn't want a skirt, because that wouldn't be suited for the Johto region.

The only thing that reminds me of Mario about her is her overalls a little bit, and the hat.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    She looks like she has more leg muscle than the new Gold. At least it looks that way from the CoroCoro scans.

Years
    I do see the similarity with the black round thing by their neck. It's an interesting theory.

I really don't think she replaced Crystal but instead is just a new Johto girl.

I agree. I don't think she replaced Crystal either. That's why I put "quotes" around the word, "replaced," earlier. (People have been saying that she "replaced" Kris/Crystal. Kris/Crystal wasn't even in Gold and Silver...Ooooh...Idea for next comic in sig...)

But yeah, the shirts are a little similar. I'm glad they didn't give her another mini skirt. Seriously, if you're a girl going into two regions, having two male rivals, you need to use FLY, and Team Rocket is there... a skirt is not good for traveling purposes. Skorts on the other hand...a little better, but the shorts on the overalls are good for Johto. The hat is there to block the sun out of her eyes. The longer sleeve shirt and the long socks are better for the Ice Cave. (or whatever the cave is called.)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I agree. I don't think she replaced Crystal either. That's why I put "quotes" around the word, "replaced," earlier. (People have been saying that she "replaced" Kris/Crystal. Kris/Crystal wasn't even in Gold and Silver...Ooooh...Idea for next comic in sig...)

But yeah, the shirts are a little similar. I'm glad they didn't give her another mini skirt. Seriously, if you're a girl going into two regions, having two male rivals, you need to use FLY, and Team Rocket is there... a skirt is not good for traveling purposes. Skorts on the other hand...a little better, but the shorts on the overalls are good for Johto. The hat is there to block the sun out of her eyes. The longer sleeve shirt and the long socks are better for the Ice Cave. (or whatever the cave is called.)

If they did happen to give her a mini skirt, it wouldn't match the Johto region as how she does now. I like her the way she is and I am actually glad she looks like a country girl as the other girls don't that much.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013

I love the way you think. She really does have the proper clothes for such a long adventure. =D

Back