• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Her hair is similar to Crystal's, the collar of her shirt is similar to Leaf's. She has an originality of her own even though some traits were used from other female leads.
    Leaf = Girl from LG/FR right?
    /just making sure

Now that you mention it... Her collar does look like Leaf's. And Leaf was, like, my favorite female playable character. x]

Uh... Again, I still like her design. Heck, I'm just glad to be playing as a girl in this region to be honest.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, Leaf does equal Green. I believe it was GymLeaderLily who pointed that out, and that is when I liked the new female even more because she has features from the past girls before her.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't know if they were looking for a combination or not, all I know is that they did it no less.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    do you think that that was what they were going for? some kind of small, combo of features from past female leads?
    I think that regardless, they're going to at some point recycle some smaller designs from older characters. But who knows? Maybe they did. x]

However, I do believe that the similarity between Kris and Mystery Girl's hair may very well have been intentional. Not using Kris's character design completely, but featuring some of the features she sported.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think it was intentional about the hair as well, just hoping to satisfy Crystal fans. to me it looks pretty good with her.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well seeing as the girl is from the same creators or similar creators of Mario I wasn't surprised to see much similarities between them.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    You're right. She should have picked Bowser's. :D

I kind of think her outfit is cute. It gives her this country feel, I think? I guess I'll be imagining her with a cute lil' accent when I play. <:3

The outfit is pretty cute because it matches the region's country feel.

Anyways, even if her hat looks like Mario's own or not, I like it anyways. At least they made it into a different style and it's quite fascinating to me.

bluechu

World's Only Blue Pikachu!
    Years
    her look does set her apart from the other female leads. just like kris before her. maybe that is another connection between the two..?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Atleast dont pick marios color!
    ANd Id like to see her with bowser-ish clothes!

The hat's color isn't the same color as Mario's hat actually.

Bowser clothes is just going to overboard with this Mario discussion. I like her overalls the way it is and it's actually a bit better than Mario's overalls.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    if you had to battle against the new chick like as ur rival, then i would want to see a updated kris. but i still wanna ram that new girl in the face

Farasha

The Eevee Lady
    Years
    I like her. I just hope that the change to the female character doesn't mean that there will be a ton more changes in the remakes.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I like her. I just hope that the change to the female character doesn't mean that there will be a ton more changes in the remakes.
    Well, take into consideration that they didn't actually change the female character. There was originally no female character for Gold and Silver, thus she was created. They are probably trying to stay true to the original G/S, meaning no crystal.

I also like to think that the generic girl trainer counterpart from Pokemon Stadium 2 could have been the basis for Soul's design.
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

I don't think they would make a whole bunch of changes. They just put her in because Gold and Silver did not have a girl as Poliwagged said.

Anyways, I was watching the new girl compared to Marina/Crystal and I noticed that I like the new girls clothes a bit more and some other things as well.

Spoiler:

Crystal/Marina was a bit fatter looking and I like how the new girl is a bit slimmer. Both hairystyles look okay but I'd say Marina's/Crystal's own was a bit more fascinating. The new girl's outfit is what I like better than Crystal's/Marina's and to me they both look great, but the new girl just seems more better looking in my opinion.

Back