• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I too prefer the new girl, and I'd like to see if Crystal does get a little appearance in the game. Hopefully it'll satify those who have been wanting to see her and got mad because there is a new female role for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Years
  • Out of all the female playable characters, she looks more like May. She's a combo of May, Leaf, old Gold, and Mario. Because she wears red (like May does) has the same hair color as May (similar style), they both wear shorts. The new girl and Leaf both wear white hats and have the black circle on their shirts. The new girl's bow looks similar to the tie on May's bandanna. The white on her collar is similar to old Gold's. And she has overalls similar to Mario.

(If you go to the style changer and make your setting to the 10th anniversary of Pokemon, you'll see May.)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I told you, this girl is like a mixture of past females from Pokémon Games and a touch of Mario too, I guess.

Years
  • I know, f l a s h. I'm elaborating on what you said earlier to be helpful. ^_^ You are indeed correct.

After seeing the overalls on the cowgirl trainer overworld in DPPt, they weren't really that noticeable. I'm assuming the new girl's outfit would look similar to that, but with longer sleeves. And that her hat will be the same size as the male Camper/Picnicker in DPPt, but white with a bow.

Trying to give an idea how I think the sprite would look seeing as how they haven't shown it yet. I wish they could show us a sprite of the new girl so I could choose which one I want to play as. Hopefully, they will in June's Coro Coro magazine... (If they didn't constantly show us the male sprite in Platinum, I would have chosen him.)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    No I don't think so, but the new girl brings in a sense of change to the game...Not only by her look, but just by her being there.

bluechu

World's Only Blue Pikachu!
    Years
  • i dont know if anyone else pointed this out yet or not, but look at the new girls collar and Kris's. they are basically exactly the same. the collar was compared to someone else's earlier...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    i dont know if anyone else pointed this out yet or not, but look at the new girls collar and Kris's. they are basically exactly the same. the collar was compared to someone else's earlier...

Well that's true but the last time we were referring to Leaf's collar and the new girl's own. I guess they could've gotten the collar idea from Kris, to Leaf and now to this new girl. Either way she still looks amazing even though the collar looks the same as Leaf and Kris's own.

ravenboy9

Arkansan Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2021
    I actually just miss Kris. I swear if they do make a Crystal remake and not have Kris playable....But idc since I'll play as Gold anyway.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm not playing as the girl either, but I still think they didn't do a bad job and if I ever played as a girl, then Heart or Soul would be my choice. Also, as much as I doubt a Crystal Remake will be done, I doubt they'll replace Kris in that.

Dr. Strange

Elite Four
    Years
  • I don't mind her being here or her appearance much, I actually like it when they add new characters. While I do admit that I miss Crystal's heroine, I'm rather fond of this character as well.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    At least with the new female, if they show Kris, most Kris fans will be almost content with it. Though, it doesn't bother me, because we have the new female playing a supporting role in the game if you're Gold and Vice Verca.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    At least with the new female, if they show Kris, most Kris fans will be almost content with it. Though, it doesn't bother me, because we have the new female playing a supporting role in the game if you're Gold and Vice Verca.
    I find it pretty cool to see her(or him if choosing female)play a supporting role,and I really hope they appear alot,not like D/P/Pt I hate how Danw/Lucas have a few appearence in the game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah hopefully, since I'll be Gold, the new female will have a larger supporting role, because I wouldn't mind traveling with her from time to time...

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    Even though I prefer Kris, I don't mind the new girl. However, it now worries me that nothing of Crystal will be implemented in these remakes, such as the Suicune subplot and the new additions to the Ruins of Alph.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well even if Crystal isn't in doesn't mean they won't implement it in with the new female. Though, you have to remember this is a Gold and Silver remake not a Crystal Remake.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • I like having the other playable character have a part in the game. At least that last, lonely Pokeball won't be sitting there forever, just begging me to snatch it up. cx

I think it'd be cool to have a double battle with Gold/Mystery Girl. Hopefully their roles will be more important that Dawn and Lucas, who were just... there. And served no purpose, in my opinion.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, I'm hoping the new girl will have a little attitude in the game and will have a few battles with us as well. Hopefully we'll know more about her supporting role as time progresses. I have a feeling with her supporting role it'll change the storyling just a bit though.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • Yeah, I agree that her role in the story will change the storyline a little; possibly adding to the previous. Honestly, I'd actually like to see the two take down the Rockets together. So instead of having one kid taking down the Rockets' building by themselves, it'll be TWO kids! :D

... But I do hope to see a personality for her. Dawn and Lucas reminded me too much of robots programmed to take that last Pokeball. =/

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Plus, Dawn really acted a bit childish in DPPt, so I'm hoping this new female has more self-esteem in herself and makes the game fun and maybe even in a bit more of a challenge. I don't want her to be like a tour guide though, I think I've seen enough of that in RSE and DPPt.

Back