• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Awwww, damnit. I was looking forward to Tauros being a worthy catch for late game gain. Guess not.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Both Tauros and Heracross are plenty strong... they didn't need evolutions. Glad they might not be real.

KyleSir

Life is just a dream
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    i saw something about zangoose getting an eveloution, any truth to that? if so im looking forward to it

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    i saw something about zangoose getting an eveloution, any truth to that? if so im looking forward to it

Must be one of the less popular rumors... I've not heard that one yet. If Zangoose gets an evolution then Seviper should to (Poison/Dragon :D).

KyleSir

Life is just a dream
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    I saw him getting one too, i think even delibird, it was big list of pictures of evolutions, cant say they were legit but they looked right to me. Zangoose was part dark :)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Zangoose evo Normal/Dark with a 4x fighting weakness NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That would make even crappier :(

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I saw him getting one too, i think even delibird, it was big list of pictures of evolutions, cant say they were legit but they looked right to me. Zangoose was part dark :)

that was a deviantart picture:

Spoiler:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    What is this? Rumors of a Jynx evolution?

It has been circulating for quite some time actually, and I would totally obtain one if there was. It's supposed to be the "Ice Queen Pokemon"; it would totally be up Jynx's alley if it is the Ice Queen Pokemon.

Awesome I would so get it! I never understood why Eletrabuzz and Magmar got an evo but not Jynx

Sick but if Zangoose evolves so would Seviper right?

that was a deviantart picture:

Spoiler:

That guy got talent.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Hatoopoo is the evo of Mamepato. Why? Because it's name suggests so and the color is unknown. The whole screen we saw was blue so we didn't see the real color of Hatoopoo. And it looks like this:
    Official Rumours Thread

A pigeon.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    From Pokejungle.net:

- Black City has a person you can pay to raise a Pokemon's base stats (or possibly IVs/EVs?)

- White Forest has a person you can give berries to raise a Pokemon's something. (lol, I am the best translator)

- Isshu Dex has 154 Pokemon in it, TOTAL pokemon w/ gen 5 is up to 647.

- A little more rumor about the Isshu Dex, some supposedly "leaked" info. End of the Pokedex (no pokemon names, just types):

#146 Grass (Pokemon #632)
    #147 Poison (Pokemon #633)
    #148 Ground (Pokemon #634)
    #149 Dragon/Fire (RESHIRAM) (Pokemon #635)
    #150 Dragon/Electric (ZEKROM) (Pokemon #636)

- Next pokemon are unlisted in the 'dex (similar to Rhyperior, Porygon-Z, etc in D/P) but are not previous generation pokemon. COULD be evolutions of older pokemon, pre-evos, OR legendaries… or just regular pokemon I suppose?

- Ice/Fighting (Pokemon #637)
    - Fire/Dark (Pokemon #638)
    - Ground/Bug (Pokemon #639)
    - Poison/Dragon (Pokemon #640)
    - Steel (Pokemon #641)
    - Water (Pokemon #642)
    - Fire (Pokemon #643)
    - Dragon/Ice [<- This is 3rd legendary!!] (Pokemon #644)
    - Normal/Ghost (Pokemon #645)
    - Dragon (Pokemon #646)
    - Dark/Psychic (Pokemon #647)

Most of today's rumors are translated from blue skY, a blog which gained notereity in the Gen4 era when information was coming out and actually had quite a few rumors which turned out to be true. This is Gen5 though, totally different ballgame. Hoping they're right though frankly, Dragon/Ice sounds cool. Since its not in the pokedex… perhaps we have to wait until the 3rd BW version to even catch it?!

Man oh man I hope these are true! I bet you that the third legendary dragon really is the Ice/Dragon one. Ice, Fire, and Electricity are the main elements (Red, Blue and Yellow)!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really hope it's ice/dragon as that would support the third game being Opal theory. Or just wishful thinking.

Ice could represent something like life before the ying/yang (of fire/electric) clashed, when it was peaceful - aka like in ice age, when Pokemon would roam around, then the ice age hit, they had to start all over again and trainers had to use the legendary to restore peace or something, idk. And yeah this made more sense in my head. :(

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I really hope it's ice/dragon as that would support the third game being Opal theory. Or just wishful thinking.

Ice could represent something like life before the ying/yang (of fire/electric) clashed, when it was peaceful - aka like in ice age, when Pokemon would roam around, then the ice age hit, they had to start all over again and trainers had to use the legendary to restore peace or something, idk. And yeah this made more sense in my head. :(

You say this like didn't JUST say this yesterday...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That...makes completely no sense to me. Can you reword? I think you might've typo'd somewhere.

Bay

Years
    Honestly, I don't trust PokeJungle. I hear the webmaster of that site tends to post a lot of rumors just to gain some site traffic. :/ Other than that, I find it really weird you would pay in money in Black City but pay in berries in White Forest. True, reason is White Forest a traditional kind of place while Black City is more advanced, but I still find this iffy.

I too would so like a Dragon/Ice and most likely the third legendary will be that dual typing, but I'm not getting my hopes just yet. Yeah, want to wait until that is confirmed. :x

That Ononokuso whatsit looks like a Kibago evolution...
    Heh, I actually already explained my thoughts about this in another thread:

Yes, I have seen Ononokusu and I think it looks pretty awesome. *can't wait to get it* However, I'm not so sure if Ononokusu. True, both have scythes/claws on their jaws and not too visible mouths. However, Ononokusu looks more like a mantis to me and not a dragon. There is a possibility of bug/dragon, but I highly, highly doubt it. In short, I can see where you're getting it, but not sure if Kibago is related to Ononokusu. We'll wait and see when more things get confirmed.
    Wanna add though I'm confused how that comment is related to this topic unless someone here posted a rumor Kibago and Ononokusu are related. If so, I might have missed that post and I do apologize. D:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Honestly, I don't trust PokeJungle. I hear the webmaster of that site tends to post a lot of rumors just to gain some site traffic. :/ Other than that, I find it really weird you would pay in money in Black City but pay in berries in White Forest. True, reason is White Forest a traditional kind of place while Black City is more advanced, but I still find this iffy.

...funny thing is he comes to this section a lot.

But yeah, thinking about that you're pretty much right. Both of them aren't worth the same amount and unless the amount is only worth as much as one berry is, then White would have an advantage over Black gamewise. It might make more sense if money was replaced with something else, but I'm not sure what could actually fill that role. UNLESS! It's money that's only exclusive to that city, sort of like the game corner coins.

Though raising base stats, maybe Iron, Carbos, etc will become obsolete?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back