• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Wi-Fi Summer League Discussion Thread

homsar

Competitive Gamer
Years
  • Name: Homsar
    Time Zone: GMT -5 (Eastern Time) [currently in daylight saves so +1 hour]
    FC: 2234 3876 6906

This sounds awesome.

Bendak

I suck at pogeymanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    Name: Mike
    FC: 1504 3319 5198
    Time Zone: EST

Kinda new to competitive battling, wanna see how well I do and test out my pokes.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • i know im not goin to be that good but o well, itll give me something to do over the summer, when im not workin on my game or hangin wit friends. so...
    Name: Ryan
    FC:5326 7375 6185
    Time Zone: EST

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Name: Supreme Dirt
    Time Zone: Toronto EST (UTC -5)
    Friend Code:1375 7555 5555
    So... Many... 5s...
    Yay, Wobby is uber here.

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    Name: JoWood
    Time Zone: Eastern GMT - 5
    Friend Code: 2706-8249-1224

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I can't wait for this to start! East coast, prepare to be rocked ;). Anyway, there should be a rule put up about reporting your results (2-0, 5-0, 6-0) so that Immunity Tokens are distributed accurately, and so no one posts "I beat so and so, it was good". There has to be results.

A few other questions:
    a) If there's something like 6-10 people in my bracket, I'm allowed to battle the same person more than once, right? (since it says the limit is 20 battles total, so if there's only like..8 people, I can have more than eight battles, right?)

b) A question on the Final Bracket stage. If there's about 8 people in my bracket (or however many, on average, you're planning on distributing them out) what is it going to take to get into the final bracket? Top 2? Or are there wildcard/lucky spots if you get 3rd or 4th in your group?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I can't wait for this to start! East coast, prepare to be rocked ;). Anyway, there should be a rule put up about reporting your results (2-0, 5-0, 6-0) so that Immunity Tokens are distributed accurately, and so no one posts "I beat so and so, it was good". There has to be results.

What will be required is that the winner posts here in this thread with the result of the battle, what the score was, and who the participants were.

A few other questions:
    a) If there's something like 6-10 people in my bracket, I'm allowed to battle the same person more than once, right? (since it says the limit is 20 battles total, so if there's only like..8 people, I can have more than eight battles, right?)

Yes, you will battle people more than once. The only requirement is that you can't battle the same person twice in a row.

b) A question on the Final Bracket stage. If there's about 8 people in my bracket (or however many, on average, you're planning on distributing them out) what is it going to take to get into the final bracket? Top 2? Or are there wildcard/lucky spots if you get 3rd or 4th in your group?

The top person from each bracket will automatically be in the final tournament. Then, depending on the number of participants in the tournament, a certain number of top point earners will be placed in the tournament.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2008
    Name: ninjamaster195 (ninja for FC)

Time Zone: USA EST (GMT-5)

Friend Code:
    1075-1598-5587

Same as before. XD

I'm going to be gone from my house towards the end of this month, for about a week, around July time.
    If I can't get Wi-Fi, then I won't be able to battle anyone. Would this be something too overly serious?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Same as before. XD

I'm going to be gone from my house towards the end of this month, for about a week, around July time.
    If I can't get Wi-Fi, then I won't be able to battle anyone. Would this be something too overly serious?

Probably not, considering each battle period is an entire month. You'll still have 3 weeks to get some battles under your belt.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Well guess i can't participate in this tourney cuz every1 would know who i am. Gl on the contestants!

Back