• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 10, 2010
    So, I'm hunting for special Pikachus.

xD Does anyone know if you can / how to nickname pokemon you get on the pokewalker? Or does it have to wait until you find the official name rater?

Where is the official name rater, anyway?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • So, I'm hunting for special Pikachus.

xD Does anyone know if you can / how to nickname pokemon you get on the pokewalker? Or does it have to wait until you find the official name rater?

Where is the official name rater, anyway?

There is one in Goldenrod City (near North Exit)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • hey does anybody know how to unlock the customization thing in the Safari Zone???
    Catch a Geodude in the Safari Zone and show it to the man sitting down in the safari zone reception area. Later on (usually the next day) he'll call you and tell you it's unlocked. (Don't worry about missing the call - you can't as its unavoidable). Then you can switch and swap areas via the computer/machine by the reception desk.

After that, to unlock adding items to the Safari zone like statues, show him a Sandshrew caught there. Then it's the same deal - wait until he calls you and then once in the game you can press A on a bare spot of ground and add stuff like trees or statues, etc to the Safari Zone.

Years
  • Just got into Radio Tower while the TR takeover is going on. There's a Rocket in front of the stairs, and I don't know what he's saying since it's Japanese. I'm guessing I have to go talk to Elm or someone, but I'm not sure. Eh?

You have to go to the underground where you'll find Lance in a Rocket outfit, and he'll give you a Rocket outfit, then go back to the Radio Tower.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • You have to go to the underground where you'll find Lance in a Rocket outfit, and he'll give you a Rocket outfit, then go back to the Radio Tower.
    Correct, but it's not Lance...
    Just another TR grunt, who thinks you're a new recruit.
    Spoiler:

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Ugh, I hope someone can help me with this.

I've been playing HeartGold and I just beat Falkner about a week or two ago. As I played a Crystal ROM until I came till that Normal-type gym, I know what you have to do after beating Falkner. But as I walked south from eh... Lemme see.. Violet city I was stopped by this guy telling me "what's the hurry?" and then telling me something in japanese.

Literally:
    I can't get into Union Cave and to Azalea Town. I didn't have this problem in my Crystal ROM.

https://i35.tinypic.com/34rg3gj.jpg

^^^ Screenie, if you didn't understand what I was talking about.

Years
  • Ugh, I hope someone can help me with this.

I've been playing HeartGold and I just beat Falkner about a week or two ago. As I played a Crystal ROM until I came till that Normal-type gym, I know what you have to do after beating Falkner. But as I walked south from eh... Lemme see.. Violet city I was stopped by this guy telling me "what's the hurry?" and then telling me something in japanese.

Literally:
    I can't get into Union Cave and to Azalea Town. I didn't have this problem in my Crystal ROM.

https://i35.tinypic.com/34rg3gj.jpg

^^^ Screenie, if you didn't understand what I was talking about.

Have you got the Togepi egg from the Poke Mart (not the Pokemon Center like G/S/C)? If not you have to get that, then they should let you pass.

Also you have to have defeated Sprout Tower, but if memory serves (I beat Falkner about 3 weeks ago, I forget) you must defeat them before you can face Falkner, so.

Years
  • Okay, so I recently beat the elite four(at eight badges). So I went over to the S.S. aqua right away. I talked to professor oak and he gave me the national dex. So I tried to board but the guy wouldn't let me on. What am I doing wrong here?

Did you speak to Professor Elm and get the S.S. Ticket?

Years
  • Does anyone here know if you could rebattle Johto/Kanto gym leaders? I wanted to start over after beating Red and I finally got my own charmander.:P

Yep, all 16. Follow this to do it: Gym Rematches.

Some notes are that for Clair you needed to have had the tag battle at Dragon's Den with her, Lance and your Rival; for Lt. Surge you need to have captured Zapdos and Jasmine only appears at around lunchtime the Diner (about 1:30pm).

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
  • Yep, all 16. Follow this to do it: Gym Rematches.

Some notes are that for Clair you needed to have had the tag battle at Dragon's Den with her, Lance and your Rival; for Lt. Surge you need to have captured Zapdos and Jasmine only appears at around lunchtime the Diner (about 1:30pm).
    Thanks! That'll be a challange cuz' I'll have to finish the Johto dex to catch Zapdos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back