• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
Years
  • I was wondering, when can you start Importing pokemon from Fr/Lg R/S/E into the game? and do i need to be at a certain point in my Leaf Green game to import to the game? cause i want to put pokemon from Leaf green on HG.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I was wondering, when can you start Importing pokemon from Fr/Lg R/S/E into the game? and do i need to be at a certain point in my Leaf Green game to import to the game? cause i want to put pokemon from Leaf green on HG.
    You can start importing once you beat the Elite Four and get to Fuchsia City in Kanto (as you can't access towns/cities in Kanto until you beat the league) - similar to D/P/Pt. With the 3rd gen games you just need at least 7 Pokemon minimum I believe.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    my game should be here within an hour.

I cant decide on totodile or cyndaquil. suggestions?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • When is the pal pad given to me?
    You can get the Pal Pad after you have defeated Falkner from Teala in the Wi-fi Club at any Pokemon Center.

my game should be here within an hour.

I cant decide on totodile or cyndaquil. suggestions?
    It's really your choice, though I prefer Cyndaquil to Chikorita and Totodile.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2012
    Okay, I have a question. I just got my hg game today and I don't have 2 ds's but I have pokemon that I need to transfer from my pearl game. Is there any way to transfer pokemon without 2 ds's? I can't really just go out and buy another one xD and I don't really know anyone who has another ds I can use. Is there any other way? I would use GTS but can't because you need to see the pokemon before you can request them :/

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Okay, I have a question. I just got my hg game today and I don't have 2 ds's but I have pokemon that I need to transfer from my pearl game. Is there any way to transfer pokemon without 2 ds's? I can't really just go out and buy another one xD and I don't really know anyone who has another ds I can use. Is there any other way? I would use GTS but can't because you need to see the pokemon before you can request them :/

Some people may be willing to trade your Pokémon to their game, then transfer it to your new game. I'd offer that service, but I have work to do... ;_;

And as something I need help with: AAAAUGGGH THE POKEWALKER ITEMFINDER IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! How do I get items with it!? It's too random!

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    here i have one question .how is recharging the pokewalker?

In terms of recharging the Watts or actual battery life? In terms of watts, it's okay; maybe 50 or so steps to get one Watt (I think), and in terms of actual battery, it can't be recharged. You'd need to replace the internal watch battery inside.

Phantom Kat

A Daydreamer Longing To Write
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    Hiya, folks. Someone on Pe2K has a save file issue, and I thought I would post it here to see if anybody can offer any advice for her. This is her original message:

I didn`t know where to post this, so I figured here was okay. Anyways, my brother got HeartGold earlier and wants to save his game. Problem is, it says "There is already a saved file. It is impossible to save. Please refer to the instruction booklet for details. "

Thing is, I checked the little booklet that the game came with many times and didn`t really see anything concerning the issue. My brother is almost having a fit over it as he doesn`t want to lose his progress. Any help whatsoever would REALLY be enjoyed!

- Kat

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    So...is taking care of the egg you get from Pr. Elm really that important?

Yes, it's actually a Togepi and then you might want to show Elm the Togepi after it hatches.

---

Here's my question- does anybody know the technical calculation on how does a Pokemon raise its' level through the PokeWalker? 20 steps for a watt, but how many steps for a level?

EDIT: My CYNDAQUIL is now level 10, but it never learned Ember. Why is this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Can I buy coins in the Hg English version? I made it to the Game Corner (no slots), and I can't find somewhere to buy coins.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Oh, SH**!!!! I'm not even at one GYM BADGE yet, I never downloaded this game. And I only had it for 5 hours.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Is Heartgold compatible with Battle Revolution?
    On bottom of the box(Soul Silver) it says this

This game can communicate with the Pokemon HeartGold, Diamond, Pearl versions, Pokemon Platinum Version and Pokemon Battle Revolution using the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and DS wireless Communication. This game can also be connected to the Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen Versions of Pokemon using the Dual Slot features of the Nintendo DS or Nintendo DS Lite

Im sure HeartGold can if SoulSilver can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back