• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
Years
  • did you go to the center of the lake and beat/catch the red garydos?
    if so, you talk to Lance- he tells you to help him find out what's been going on- then you go to Mahogany Town and into the house with the sign on one side and a tree on the other

Yeah, and you and get the passwords and beat those Voltorb's right? Cause that's what I did.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    1.Shiny Chikorita
    Male
    Serious
    --Highly persistent [helps defense]

-Should I do new game?
    -Should I box it and ev train it later {if possible with that kind of nature}

Please help I want to advance further in the game.

2.Are there EV reducing berries of all stats in this game?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Serious Nature is... terrible.

If you're only for looks, then keep it. Competition-wise, you're looking for a Bold Chikorita.

I think you can get all Berries in this game, but they're very. very. very. rare unless you trade berries between Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • If you like it, then yes, but I like this type of team:

Electric
    Water
    Fire
    Grass
    Flying
    Random

Can I turn of the sound on the Pokewalker?

Yup! Scroll over to Setting than click sound and turn it off. :)

Okay so what HM's do I need to get through Mt. Mortar? I want a Hitmonchan as soon as possible and am currently in Ekruteak. When can I get through to the end?

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    how many tries does it take to capture lugia...?

her health is so low you cant even see the bar lol, and she's sleep... and she just pops out of the ball everytime.

this is getitng lame =/ lol

harmonic ♫

red is a pain in the a'
    Years
  • Why are you guys going into Mt. Motar?

I just surfed through it .__.

OWAIT, that's because I jumped ahead like a fool, and went jumping around by accident and got to Mahogony first :[

how do you get your Eevee to evolve into an Espeon again?

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    ya so apparently 40 ultra balls, 5 pokeballs, 2 fastballs, 2 luxury balls, having HP so low u couldnt see the bar, and being asleep wasnt enuf to catch lugia

seriously? this is lame

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • k sorry if this is a dumb question guys x3
    but how do you get the spiked ear pichu? do you have to go to gamestop? can someone tell me the details please? thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    How many unowns are in the Ruins of Alph in the beginning of HeartGold?

I just finished the first gym, and got all the pokemon you can catch up to this point, and I'm in the Ruins catching the letters of the Unowns, but I can only find 10, A to J.

Is that all you can catch at first or something? I was here for like a half hour trying to find letters above J.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    What's the earliest you can get Poliwag? I always get him as soon as I start the game to deal with the people in Union cave for Crystal, but I can't find him on the map even at night on route 30.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • how many tries does it take to capture lugia...?

her health is so low you cant even see the bar lol, and she's sleep... and she just pops out of the ball everytime.

this is getitng lame =/ lol
    It's just based on luck. It is a legendary after all so it is meant to b hard to catch (unless your name is Dialga or Palkia, they had higher catch rates for some reason).

How many unowns are in the Ruins of Alph in the beginning of HeartGold?

I just finished the first gym, and got all the pokemon you can catch up to this point, and I'm in the Ruins catching the letters of the Unowns, but I can only find 10, A to J.

Is that all you can catch at first or something? I was here for like a half hour trying to find letters above J.
    26 letters + ! and ? making 28. Also to unlock others you have to do all four puzzles in the Ruins of Alph (each puzzle unlocks certain letters, hence why you can't see any others after J yet) - you'll need other HMs and hence badges to be able to reach the rest. (Mainly Surf, + STrength and rock smash maybe from memory). 2nd involves surfing in a pond in the ruins of alph south to another building there, and the other two can be reached by surfing from Union Cave there + walking and using Strength.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Hey, I don't remember where it is, but I found out that you can evolve the pichu and still get the spiky eared one. Just wanted to let you all know, I tested it myself and it worked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back