• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Old Pokemon, New Evolutions. Which do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
  • Ok, let's see here...

Farfetch'd - I'd like to see a pre-evo (Farfledg'd FTW!) and maybe an evo for this one.

Kangaskhan - We need a Kangaskid already and also a split from that so that there could be a male version.

Pinsir - I guess it couldn't hurt to give Pinsir an evo, but then you'd probably have to give one to Heracross as well.

Tauros - A pre-evo that has a split evolution so that it can evolve into either Tauros or Miltank depending on if it's male or female.

Lapras - I'd like to see a pre-evo. It would be so cute. x3

Dunsparce - It's such a terrible Pokemon right now, it needs an evo.

Qwilfish - Could also use an evo.

Heracross - See Pinsir.

Skarmory - A pre-evo would be nice, but I suppose it doesn't need one as desperately as some other Pokemon do.

Miltank - See Tauros.

Spinda - A bigger, badder, crazier panda. :D

Castform - I'm kinda iffy about this one. An evo would hopefully make it more useful, but it's just fine the way it is as a novelty Pokemon.

Luvdisc - Definitely needs an evo.

Those are just the Pokemon who currently don't have any evo's, but I can't be bothered going through every other Pokemon and picking out which ones need another evo.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I got this via VM a little while back, and I couldn't agree more. :D

Shadow said:
    I had an idea for a Poison/Steel (with Levitate) evolution of Qwilfish once. One of those undersea mine/depth charge thingies. With poison tips, of course.

If not Qwilfish, I can see Weezing having an evolution wit ha similar typing (and levitate). >:D

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    Well I'm definitely more into collecting than battling, and I always love the obscure Pokemon no-one uses so I'd like to some of the neglected, no evolution families expanded.

Zangoose or Relicanth evolutions would be a nice touch, they never got as much attention as their awesome design deserved.
    Dunsparce, I was surprised they didn't evolve in Gen IV, it's way overdue SOMETHING to boost the poor guy XD
    Sableye. When I first played Gen III, I hadn't read or looked up ANY potential spoiler info, caught one thinking it's pretty small, weak, looks like it'll evolve.. Got it to 35 before eventually giving up and looking online to see what level it needed, oh look, IT DOESN'T. :( That was annoying.

Having said all this, I <3 Lickitung, and metaphorically wet myself with excitement when I heard it would evolve in Gen IV. I wish I had never laid eyes on that ugly blob of jelly :( :(

Garland

Rouge troll.
    Years
  • I can guarantee there will be more baby evolutions. There will definitely be more pre-evos. Though the prospect of new evolutions (apart from Eevee) is small.

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
    Years
  • ive been reading everyones post and seriously guys what is going on

what about shuckle !!!!

it needs to turn in to a big dirty super tortoise or something :D

AuraGaurdian

Protector of auras
    Years
  • maybe it would turn to like a steel/grass type and be called metropius insteasd and evolve when traded with up-grade pronounced (meh-tro-pius)
    Yes now that would be a good idea but maybe if instead of upgrade he was carrying a metal coat to evolve you know like scyther and ummmmm.... well theres probably someone else but I cant remember who.......yeah.

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    ive been reading everyones post and seriously guys what is going on

what about shuckle !!!!

it needs to turn in to a big dirty super tortoise or something :D

I dunno, Shuckle's already got it's 'thing' going on with the stupidly high defense, maybe an evo would be overpowered. And if it did evolve, it wouldn't be a tortoise :P if you want a big dirty super tortoise you're better off hoping for Torkoal to evolve - which is one I missed off earlier. The sprite looks big in R/S/E so I wasn't sure if it would evolve but when I saw it in Colosseum I expected an evolution, it's tiny XD

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Ok, let's see here...

Farfetch'd - I'd like to see a pre-evo (Farfledg'd FTW!) and maybe an evo for this one.

Kangaskhan - We need a Kangaskid already and also a split from that so that there could be a male version.

Pinsir - I guess it couldn't hurt to give Pinsir an evo, but then you'd probably have to give one to Heracross as well.

Tauros - A pre-evo that has a split evolution so that it can evolve into either Tauros or Miltank depending on if it's male or female.

Lapras - I'd like to see a pre-evo. It would be so cute. x3

Dunsparce - It's such a terrible Pokemon right now, it needs an evo.

Qwilfish - Could also use an evo.

Heracross - See Pinsir.

Skarmory - A pre-evo would be nice, but I suppose it doesn't need one as desperately as some other Pokemon do.

Miltank - See Tauros.

Spinda - A bigger, badder, crazier panda. :D

Castform - I'm kinda iffy about this one. An evo would hopefully make it more useful, but it's just fine the way it is as a novelty Pokemon.

Luvdisc - Definitely needs an evo.

Those are just the Pokemon who currently don't have any evo's, but I can't be bothered going through every other Pokemon and picking out which ones need another evo.

I agree with most of the above, except for the underlined.

Just because Heracross and Pinsir are similar doesn't mean both get evos at the same time. There's one big difference between them - Heracross is actually good.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • They could give Pinsir an evo, but it's base stat total should be kept at 500, the same as Scyther's and Scizor's.

Pesonally, I don't think every non-legendary pokemon should be able to evolve, many Gen IV evolutions screwed up some cool ( but weak) pokemon, like Tangela and Lickitung.

And please NO MORE EEVEELUTIONS.

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
  • Weezing Evo.

The logical name i could thing up of is Hacking. (Koffing, Weezing, Hacking. All relate to our mouth expelling air.)

Koffing had the small Skull and Crossbones, Weezing had the larger.

Maybe for Hacking, change it to a biohazard symbol, to show it has gone to the next level, from Poisonous to Biohazardous.

Koffing had one head, Weezing had 2. Would it have 3 Heads, 4 heads?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Leave snorlax alone, it would be a ridiculous evolution to occur.

Torkoal: I need of a good high defense evolution, not to much of a fan of 'baby pokemon'. Maybe Torburn? Just an idea.

Mawile: Yes yes and yes! It is desperate need of an evolution it would be great too. Maybe a 3 mouthed steel/fighting?

Pachirisu: It could have a pretty cool evolution; Sparkarichu would be sweet don't you think? Longer teeth, bur not too long like a raticate's.

Stantler: It could have an alright evolution. Maybe not though. :cer_confused:

Smeargle: Is a good candidate, hrmm the more I think I about it the better it gets.. Smoogle. With tripple paintrbushes for tails like three arms for Ambipom.

Castform: Alright, Blastform or Lastform or something on that line at least..

Luvdisc: Lustdisc a larger double edged luvdisc that sparkles when spun?

Sam_

Taking care of Business.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    Ariados and Ledian definately, theyre some of the most horriffic Pokemon created and need a facelift.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I would prefer to have less pre-evos than evolutions, but some I would like, such as a calf that can become Tauros or Miltank, and the baby Kangaskhan, which could also evolve into a male version.

As for evolutions:

Mawile: This guy's in desperate need of one. Maybe it could have higher HP or Speed, though the latter wouldn't make as much sense since it's supposed to deceive enemies and so wouldn't require a lot of speed.

Sableye: It had slightly more rounded stats than Mawile, but the same total, and also they're counterparts, so it makes sense.

Banette: It was another version counterpart, but only Dusclops got one, so I think Banette needs one as well.

Dunsparce: Pretty much what everyone else was saying about making this weak little guy get an awesome and powerful evolution. I think it should at least be part Ground, and as for the other type, either keep it a snake and make it Normal, or make it a dragon.

Absol: I just really like Absol and think an evolution would be amazing.

Luvdisc: I don't care too much about this one, but really, it's weak and doesn't have a big "gimmick" like Farfetch'd or Delibird, and so it should evolve. Maybe I would give it more attention if it had an awesome evolution.

Qwilfish: It could use an evolution.

Ariados: I should become a powerful tarantula or something, and this time, actually give it 8 legs!

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Farfetch'd!

Also I'd want a Tauros+Miltank common prevolution, a Kangaskhan evolution+prevolution etc...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    pre-evolved forms of trio legendaries

kitten forms of Raikou Entei and Suicune
    baby chick forms of Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres

others:

Heracross
    Skarmory
    Mawile

knook

Standing on the Sun
    Years
  • To be honest I'd just like forms of Pokémon that don't already have evolutions.

And Townlain... They resemble Big Cats... They're called the legendary dogs but everyone already knows they're cats.

Bunny69

Serious Buisness
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    we need a Kangaskahn pre Evo, as hatching out a baby kangaskahn with a baby kangaskahn IN it doesn't make sence.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Both of you are technically incorrect, they're called the Legendary Beasts since they exhibit both canine and feline attributes.

Also, I think that anything in the OU does not need an evo.

knook

Standing on the Sun
    Years
  • Both of you are technically incorrect, they're called the Legendary Beasts since they exhibit both canine and feline attributes.

Also, I think that anything in the OU does not need an evo.

But it's always fun to debate their origins.
    I know the correct term is 'Legendary Beasts' but I do strongly feel that they are more feline than canine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back