• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Old Pokemon, New Evolutions. Which do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
    I'd like to see evos for pinsir, marowak, persian, zangoose, and absol. I know it seems like a lot, but it would make these pokemon a lot cooler and a lot better.

No Marowak evolution, and I have reason.
    "In Red & Blue, Marowak was originally supposed to evolve into Kangaskhan, but GameFreak removed it from the game files last minute. This was actually what created MissingNo, this is why MissingNo evolves into Kangaskhan. They had to replace the evolution files for Marowak > Kangaskhan somewhere, so they placed it in Cinnibar Island. This may also be why we don't/never will have a baby Kangaskhan, because under that little head of his in his mothers pouch, is a Cubone without its skull-mask. This may also be why "The skull on Cubone's head is that of its dead mother." - a dead Kangaskhan, Cubone runs around with a Kangaskhan's skull on its head, and while that Kangaskhan is still alive, it has no skull to put on its head."

Now, when I heard this for the first time my mind was blown, but it also kind of makes sense when you read that paragraph over a few times.

So theres your reason for not having a Marowak evolution, and also not to have a baby Kangaskhan, the reason being; there already is one, just not in the same evolution chain. :)

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    I've made a few new Evo's and Prevo's to my Pokemon Pyrite game.

Here's a few to check out.

Skeletank Evolves from Marowak
    Amnest <- Warning, file rather large. Evolves from Absol
    Kubluhkhan Evolves into Kangaskhan
    Calfarce Evolves into Miltank or Tauros depending on gender.
    Ourobore <- Large File Evolves from Dunsparce
    Kumorisu <- Large File Evolves from Pachirisu
    Fabricat'd Evolves from Farfetch'd

So, if you think those are cool, you can thank my sprite artists, RTaco, and PrismSHN-001.

Last edited:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    A Mawile evolution would be amazing. I've always loved Mawile ... but since It did not evolve, I started to dislike it more every generation. But really, Quilfish and Remoraid need evoloutions ... without them I seem to think they're weak, because they're a single fish Pokemon. Yuck.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    I'm hesitant to give many Pokemon evolutions, mostly because most of them are designed as if they were the final stage (which they originally were), such as Magmar and Electabuzz. Both of their evolutions, while needed, seemed unnatural. If we're going to tack on evolutions to Pokemon like these, I wish they weren't true evolutions, but more altered evolutions like Scyther>Scizor: Scyther didn't evolve in the sense of becoming a bigger, badder monster, but it evolved in the way that it became a more useful form of itself. Both their stat totals are equal, and it seems that either one could be final (although Scizor is obviously superior).

Others, like Magnezone, worked because the stage before, in this case Magneton, looked like it had a little growing room left. So, I would like to see evolutions for many smaller Pokemon (Mawile and Farfetch'd come to mind), but I'd prefer more of the evolution Scyther got for ones like Jynx, where they didn't grow more powerful: simply more useful.

A Mawile evolution would be amazing. I've always loved Mawile ... but since It did not evolve, I started to dislike it more every generation. But really, Quilfish and Remoraid need evoloutions ...

Remoraid evolves into Octillery :P Otherwise, I agree with you: Qwilfish and Mawile are both pretty lacking.

Last edited:

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    I'd love to see an evolution of Jynx, like Electabuzz and Magmar had ones afterwards. Pre-Evo and/or Evo of Pinsir, Heracross. I think that Girafarig could have one. Plusle and Minun evo's would be nice too. Banette (ghost type) should get an evo, cause dusclops got one. luvdisc? and i dont feel like posting any others.

Mortalis

Years
    Remoraid evolves into Octillery :P Otherwise, I agree with you: Qwilfish and Mawile are both pretty lacking.

WWWHAAAT ?!
    Since when? Why was I not aware of this? And why does a fish evolve into an octopus ... Oh my gosh, I'm so behind. *crawls into ball form on floor*

Aureol

Years
    ^Haha, don't worry about it. When I first heard that, I looked it up in 3 different places just to be sure. One of the more unnatural evolutions, IMHO.

Mortalis

Years
    ^Haha, don't worry about it. When I first heard that, I looked it up in 3 different places just to be sure. One of the more unnatural evolutions, IMHO.

I heavily agree with you, haha. Oh, well, good to know I'm not alone.
    Anyways, more evolution's I'd love to see is Sableye, Tropius, Jynx, Absol and perhaps more exciting eeveelutions; flying, bug, ground / rock, ghost and / or dragon.

bahaha. Dragon Eevee would be over powered and over used. I can see it now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2012
    No Marowak evolution, and I have reason.
    "In Red & Blue, Marowak was originally supposed to evolve into Kangaskhan, but GameFreak removed it from the game files last minute. This was actually what created MissingNo, this is why MissingNo evolves into Kangaskhan. They had to replace the evolution files for Marowak > Kangaskhan somewhere, so they placed it in Cinnibar Island. This may also be why we don't/never will have a baby Kangaskhan, because under that little head of his in his mothers pouch, is a Cubone without its skull-mask. This may also be why "The skull on Cubone's head is that of its dead mother." - a dead Kangaskhan, Cubone runs around with a Kangaskhan's skull on its head, and while that Kangaskhan is still alive, it has no skull to put on its head."

Now, when I heard this for the first time my mind was blown, but it also kind of makes sense when you read that paragraph over a few times.

So theres your reason for not having a Marowak evolution, and also not to have a baby Kangaskhan, the reason being; there already is one, just not in the same evolution chain. :)
    So I heard you like popular fanfiction instead of the official Nintendo explanation dawg.

I would like a Lapras evolution. And maybe evolve some legends for lulz.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I agree with most of the above, except for the underlined.

Just because Heracross and Pinsir are similar doesn't mean both get evos at the same time. There's one big difference between them - Heracross is actually good.

I guess you're right, just as long as they don't make the Pinsir evo too strong. If it were to surpass Heracross then people would probably start demanding an evo for Heracross. Leveling the playing field a bit would be good though.

Aureol

Years
    I guess you're right, just as long as they don't make the Pinsir evo too strong. If it were to surpass Heracross then people would probably start demanding an evo for Heracross. Leveling the playing field a bit would be good though.

I've always seen Scyther and Pinsir as counterparts, so even though I liked Scyther more, I was pretty depressed to learn Pinsir got left in the dust. I think that Pinsir should get an evolution pretty similar to Scyther: one where the stat totals aren't better, but the stats are put in more useful spots, and Pinsir gets a new type on top of that. Maybe Bug/Ground or Bug/Electric or something (not as good as Bug/Steel, sure, but an improvement nonetheless).

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I agree with the Tropius, Farfetch'd, Delibird, and Dunspace suggestions. Not with Absol, he's already at base 130 attack.

Years
    I've made a few new Evo's and Prevo's to my Pokemon Pyrite game.

Here's a few to check out.

Skeletank Evolves from Marowak
    Amnest <- Warning, file rather large. Evolves from Absol
    Kubluhkhan Evolves into Kangaskhan
    Calfarce Evolves into Miltank or Tauros depending on gender.
    Ourobore <- Large File Evolves from Dunsparce
    Kumorisu <- Large File Evolves from Pachirisu
    Fabricat'd Evolves from Farfetch'd

So, if you think those are cool, you can thank my sprite artists, RTaco, and PrismSHN-001.

Hey! those are pretty cool! I especially love Skeletank and Fabricat'd. Kumorisu... cloud squirrel? I guess it makes sense since you made it into a flying squirrel, but I'm still partial to my "Inarisu" :3 (I really think that Pachirisu should remain a pure electric type throughout its evolutions.) The NAMES are actually really good though. Did you come up with them, or did someone else on your team?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back