• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Rumor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'd like for May/Brendan to meet you in more places and perhaps tag battle with you against Team Magma/Aqua. I think your rival in RSE (Brendan/May) needs more of an appearance and storyline in the game, just battling them at random stages of the game is kinda basic. Oh and it would be good to battle them after defeating the champion, I'd like to actually be able to battle them with a fully evolved starter!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Is this the screenshot?:

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Rumor Discussion

Regardless if it is or not, it's always possible GF's hinting that your neighbor will have more of a role, or at least appear more than they did in RSE. (If the above image is what's being referred to, maybe it's showing them looking at Beautifly right before they enter Petalburg for the first time?) As for whether or not Wally will return, I'm ambivalent. He didn't feel like a rival at all given his few appearances, so I'd want him to have a much bigger role and appear more if he stays. Otherwise I'd be fine with him being replaced by your neighbor so long as they get a much bigger role (which'll likely happen).

Wally barely appearing made him an unexpected 'Final Boss' when it comes to the battles with our Rivals since May/Brendan dropped that role. I kind of hope we battle him only twice before that match, but he appears more, simply greeting us or passing by without the player noticing...

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I get this feeling that Wally might be removed from the games. Not that I mind, but that would quite destroy the "purpose of the remake" or whichever way you put it.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that screenshot is just a beta one, wherein they show the player models, the 3D capabilities, and the angles and trajectories of the shot. Maybe Wally would get a redesign like most of the characters, and they are just keepin them under wraps.

Years
    I get this feeling that Wally might be removed from the games. Not that I mind, but that would quite destroy the "purpose of the remake" or whichever way you put it.

It'll definitely destroy the feeling of them as remakes for some of us. I think Wally will appear. It's possible that May/Brendan may accompany us to Petalburg, and maybe even help Wally catch Ralts. Maybe Wally is going to be linked to Rayquaza...as everything about Rayquaza in these games is a mystery (they even blocked the Sky Tower in the map...). Maybe he'll call it down for us, helping us in the Sootopolis crisis (and filling our role from Emerald). Imagine how cool it'll be if Wally came swooping in on top of Rayquaza...so badass...

Years
    I personally doubt Wally won't return. Even if he didn't do too much, he was still an important part of the story, so to take him away just wouldn't make things the same. Certainly, I'd be upset if he came back and made the exact same appearances as he did in RSE (and would prefer that he would've been replaced entirely), but it'd just be weird without him.

Years
    I personally doubt Wally won't return. Even if he didn't do too much, he was still an important part of the story, so to take him away just wouldn't make things the same. Certainly, I'd be upset if he came back and made the exact same appearances as he did in RSE (and would prefer that he would've been replaced entirely), but it'd just be weird without him.

I agree, Wally needs to be in the game. I liked how he became the true rival after Brendan/May said they didn't want to continue being a Trainer and then returned to Littleroot Town to help Birch with his research.

Leaving out a character who made quite the impact in the originals would be dumb. And I do hope the final battle against him has him using a Mega Gardevoir, who will apparently be the opposite gender of the one Diantha used in X/Y. It would be expected because most NPCs use Pokemon of the same gender as themselves, unless if the Pokemon in question had a gender ratio that was not 50/50.

Years
    I agree, Wally needs to be in the game. I liked how he became the true rival after Brendan/May said they didn't want to continue being a Trainer and then returned to Littleroot Town to help Birch with his research.

Leaving out a character who made quite the impact in the originals would be dumb. And I do hope the final battle against him has him using a Mega Gardevoir, who will apparently be the opposite gender of the one Diantha used in X/Y. It would be expected because most NPCs use Pokemon of the same gender as themselves, unless if the Pokemon in question had a gender ratio that was not 50/50.
    He may get Gallade instead in order to avoid having two people use the same ace in the same generation.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Wally won't be excluded from the game, he played an important role to the game and was practically your rival. There would be no reason to replace him with May/Brendan, he could end up with a Mega Gardevoir!

Years
    Wally won't be excluded from the game, he played an important role to the game and was practically your rival. There would be no reason to replace him with May/Brendan, he could end up with a Mega Gardevoir!
    or Mega Gallade. I see him with this team: Gallade, Roserade, Magnezone, Altaria, and Delcatty. Yes it's based off his original team but the Gen IV evolutions will help his team become stronger than his Gen III.

Years
    I agree, but it's also interesting that there's been no mention of him. On the ORAS website, there's an entire category dedicated to characters, and still nothing on Wally. May just be a coincidence, or even that they have something big planned for his character and want to reveal it closer to the release.

Years
    I agree, but it's also interesting that there's been no mention of him. On the ORAS website, there's an entire category dedicated to characters, and still nothing on Wally. May just be a coincidence, or even that they have something big planned for his character and want to reveal it closer to the release.
    We still have the other gym leaders and E4. Likely GF will release those along side Wally.
    I suggested earlier that perhaps Wally is going to be connected to Rayquaza as we have yet to hear about the third member of the Weather trio or see anything related to it (even Sky Pillar is covered by clouds). He could summon Rayquaza for us to stop the mascot (or maybe even the other too if it appears) thus keeping the scene from Emerald and rending calls for Delta Emerald no longer necessary thanks to that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    We still have the other gym leaders and E4. Likely GF will release those along side Wally.
    I suggested earlier that perhaps Wally is going to be connected to Rayquaza as we have yet to hear about the third member of the Weather trio or see anything related to it (even Sky Pillar is covered by clouds). He could summon Rayquaza for us to stop the mascot (or maybe even the other too if it appears) thus keeping the scene from Emerald and rending calls for Delta Emerald no longer necessary thanks to that.

Speaking of gym leaders, has it been confirmed as to—between Wallace and Juan—which guy would be leading gym number eight? Personally, I'd like it to be former, because to me, his character and style seem to be much more interesting than latter.

Years
    Speaking of gym leaders, has it been confirmed as to—between Wallace and Juan—which guy would be leading gym number eight? Personally, I'd like it to be former, because to me, his character and style seem to be much more interesting than latter.

They have not actually. We'll probably get word on that next issue (unless we get a break between gym leader and E4 announcements). I'm assuming it'll be Wallace considering that Steven is the champion. Not sure what they'll do with Juan though. Someone did suggest making them version exclusive. That'll make them even more like Iris and Drayden than before.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    They have not actually. We'll probably get word on that next issue (unless we get a break between gym leader and E4 announcements). I'm assuming it'll be Wallace considering that Steven is the champion. Not sure what they'll do with Juan though. Someone did suggest making them version exclusive. That'll make them even more like Iris and Drayden than before.

Making them version-exclusive would indeed be a good idea. Either that, or perhaps they could allow both to be leaders at once, and for the first time ever, permit you to choose which you wish to go up against? That'd be pretty interesting, if you ask me; more freedom for us!

Years
    Making them version-exclusive would indeed be a good idea. Either that, or perhaps they could allow both to be leaders at once, and for the first time ever, permit you to choose which you wish to go up against? That'd be pretty interesting, if you ask me; more freedom for us!
    So it'll be similar to the triplets. How about they don't let us decide? At least not like "Juan or Wallace?" but rather have two paths, one leading to Juan and the other leading to Wallace. It'll be a surprise (if they don't give it away that is) to find out which one we get.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So it'll be similar to the triplets. How about they don't let us decide? At least not like "Juan or Wallace?" but rather have two paths, one leading to Juan and the other leading to Wallace. It'll be a surprise (if they don't give it away that is) to find out which one we get.

Similar, but not exactly alike, as that depended on which starter you chose. Oh, absolutely, that could definitely work!

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, there's still plenty of characters yet to be revealed such as Glacia, Drake, Wallace etc. They're not going to reveal them all in one group, they will gradually release their artwork and background as we get closer to November. I'm particularly looking forward to see the remaining Gym Leaders and Elite Four members!

Years
    I think making a choice (whether obvious or not) as to whether you want to fight Wallace or Juan would be neat and unique as far as battling Gym Leaders go. And then maybe the other could compete against you in contests so they have something to do :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back