• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Rumor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The poster just doesn't make sense. Why put on sillhouette's? We all know who they are. There would be no reason for it. It's a completely useless poster because it just tells us who's getting Mega's indirectly.

That's true. Also it lacks Diancie which even though it has an event is getting one.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    yes but putting silhouettes does kinda hide them (even though most pokemon fans know who they are) but diancie is 6th gen while all the rest are 3rd gen so it could just be the new 3rd gen megas.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I would say Diancie isn't silhouetted because there's a screenshot of it below but then again Latios is in the bottom right corner and has a silhouette. I'm very uneasy about the poster but it could hold water. If it's true then there's not a Mega Evolution for Glacia yet, which is a weird exclusion. We'll see.

Years
    It is strange if Glacia get's a Mega item but none of hers are on there. Who knows, maybe the 'scoop' in next month release of corocoro will prove or disprove that poster. Maybe even all of the remaining ones on that poster will be revealed (officially for the Latis).

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I believe the scoop will include the mega latis, mega Sharpedo and camerupt, and if the elite four will have Megas - those ace pokemon that they'll use. That's about it. Oh, and probably Primal Rayquaza.

Years
    @ Slayerz I think so too.
    I expected to see some fake Megas (drawings) but no rumors like those have popped up. There's no person like with BWXY rumors, I guess remakes really aren't as vulnerable to rumors. Well HGSS did get a rumor that Kanto wasn't appearing. The closest to that we have is the Battle Frontier not appearing but those are worries.

Years
    Since Phoebe seems to have a new ace in Dusknoir, I think it's possible that Glacia gets a new one as well, like Froslass, or possibly Mega Abomasnow. Something to compensate for lack of ice types in Hoenn, haha. Same thing with Drake; if Mega Flygon/Salamence aren't introduced, he could be getting a Garchomp to compensate.

Years
    Since Phoebe seems to have a new ace in Dusknoir, I think it's possible that Glacia gets a new one as well, like Froslass, or possibly Mega Abomasnow. Something to compensate for lack of ice types in Hoenn, haha. Same thing with Drake; if Mega Flygon/Salamence aren't introduced, he could be getting a Garchomp to compensate.

Dusclops was her ace in the originals. Given she's an E4 it makes sense for her to have the evolution of her ace given the (slight? we don't know the additions yet but they may be small) additions to the dex. I can see Froslass as Glacia's ace as she has two female Glalie with one likely to be changed to a Froslass. There's also the chance Drake will have Flygon. I don't expect any to get aces they didn't (discounting if their evolutions of said aces or an alternate evolution in the case of Glalie) have in the originals.

Anyways them getting Megas seems to be a popular rumor right now. Maybe the Mega Scoop will be them mentioning the Mega users (Wally?!) instead of Mega Pokémon.
    Speaking of changes Wally may get Gallade which may follow Dusknoir and the others (Sinnoh Pre/evos of Hoenn dex mons) too to the Hoenn dex.

Years
    Because one of the confirmation that Phoebe's old Dusclops evolved thanks to a later generation introducing Dusknoir, I think it's a safe assumption that Wally either has both Gallade and Gardevoir, Gardevoir gets replaced with Gallade, or he sticks with Gardevoir, but it can Mega evolve. Any of those would be okay in my book. Ralts is Wally's signature Pokemon, so there's going to be some kind of change there.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I feel like Wally should have a Gardevoir instead of a Gallade tbh. Maybe he can just give a Male Ralts with a Galladite perhaps in post game? Only mirroring Diantha's Ralts?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I would hate to see the Elite Four get Mega Evolutions now because Dusknoir would be getting it, granted the aces get the Mega, and the Dusclops line had an addition more recently (Gen IV).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Because one of the confirmation that Phoebe's old Dusclops evolved thanks to a later generation introducing Dusknoir, I think it's a safe assumption that Wally either has both Gallade and Gardevoir, Gardevoir gets replaced with Gallade, or he sticks with Gardevoir, but it can Mega evolve. Any of those would be okay in my book. Ralts is Wally's signature Pokemon, so there's going to be some kind of change there.

I'd like it if they were to get new megas instead of older ones, but that's just me. As for Wally switching Gardevoir with Gallade, that's very much possible! It'd be a good way for them to introduce some mega-form for this Pokémon, in my opinion; Wally's a pretty important character, so if he were to show it off to us, I'm sure it wouldn't go unnoticed. Plus, if Gardevoir's got a mega-evolution, so should Gallade, I feel. They're meant to be equal and closely-related (mostly), so why not treat them as such?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I think that the first round of Mega Evolutions were to boost lower tier Pokemon (like Mawile) and give them to popular ones (Garchomp, Lucario etc etc). Gallade isn't exactly that low tier or extremely popular so I guess that's why it got overlooked in favor of Gardevoir, which sucked before aha.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Speaking of Wally, he hasn't been mentioned ANYWHERE in the leaks/releases. I'm really getting curious as to what Gamefreak has done to him.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Gallade should definentaly get a mega if Gardevoir got one and i feel only the champion will get a mega like x and y did. i wonder what non-hoenn pokemon will get megas. maybe the jhoto starters.

Years
    There hasn't been any apart from Diancie. Maybe it'll be focused on Gen III pokémon mostly and a few Gen I, II, and maybe even some IV. I'm thinking no Gen V until 'Z' or next generation.

Years
    Speaking of Wally, he hasn't been mentioned ANYWHERE in the leaks/releases. I'm really getting curious as to what Gamefreak has done to him.

There have actually been some rumors tossed around about this screenshot in particular. It's easy to see that it's the route prior to Petalburg City, which means that the patch of grass is where Wally catches his Ralts with the player. May never shows up in this area of the game, so speculation began that Wally had been completely replaced by May. Of course, there's nothing to back it up and it may just be a beta screenshot to show off the playable character models.

Last edited:

Years
    There have actually been some rumors tossed around about this screenshot in particular. It's easy to see that it's the route prior to Petalburg City, which means that the patch of grass is where Wally catches his Ralts with the player. May never shows up in this area of the game, so speculation began that Wally had been completely replaced by May. Of course, there's nothing to back it up and it may just be a beta screenshot to show off the playable character models.

That link is broken :(

It probably is beta in order to not show Wally. That or the opposite sex rival gets an added scene to talk about the Pokemon (maybe we even travel with her/he like with Shauna) and leaves. Next father can come and introduce us to Wally.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

I wouldn't like it if he were to be removed completely. Although Wally wasn't much of a major character in RSE, he still added to the engagement of these games, and replacing him would sort of take that away.

Years
    Is this the screenshot?:

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Rumor Discussion

Regardless if it is or not, it's always possible GF's hinting that your neighbor will have more of a role, or at least appear more than they did in RSE. (If the above image is what's being referred to, maybe it's showing them looking at Beautifly right before they enter Petalburg for the first time?) As for whether or not Wally will return, I'm ambivalent. He didn't feel like a rival at all given his few appearances, so I'd want him to have a much bigger role and appear more if he stays. Otherwise I'd be fine with him being replaced by your neighbor so long as they get a much bigger role (which'll likely happen).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back