• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

Adult Swim usually is a ghost town. So far I've seen nothing but King of the Hill, Family Guy, and it's terrible spin-off starring Cleveland.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Translation: I came across one of his articles and got offended.

Nah, I read all of his articles and thought he was great when I was a young teenager and thought 2edgy4u humor was...well, funny. And groundbreaking. After seeing so many people try to go that route, it's just old. (Like him)

Wait, what? I thought Alex was referring to the channel, not actual swimming XD

I knew he mentioned swimming on irc earlier so I knew what it meant. OR HE COULD BE TRICKING ME.

Sir Codin

Nah, I read all of his articles and thought he was great when I was a young teenager and thought 2edgy4u humor was...well, funny. And groundbreaking. After seeing so many people try to go that route, it's just old. (Like him)
    He's 35. Since when was 35 "old"? Only when he hits 50 will I consider him too old for his schtick and even then he'll probably shift gears and go a new direction just like George Carlin did when he got old.

As for me, I still enjoy his works and his new stuff. I think The Best Show In The Universe is the best thing on Youtube.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    He's 35. Since when was 35 "old"? Only when he hits 50 will I consider him too old for his schtick.

As for me, I still enjoy his works and his new stuff. I think The Best Show In The Universe is the best thing on Youtube.

You're free to! My intense dislike of him should not stop anyone from enjoying what they like.

He's far too old for the 17-year-old "everything sucks you are terrible your children are terrible I am amazing but the rest of the world is full of idiots worship me" crap. 35 isn't too old for some things - but it is too old for things he should have grown out of. Once you get above 25 or so I start questioning your ability to be funny if you're still writing to teenagers, and once you hit 30+ and start balding I just feel sad. It's all he's got I guess.

Sir Codin

You're free to! My intense dislike of him should not stop anyone from enjoying what they like.

He's far too old for the 17-year-old "everything sucks you are terrible your children are terrible I am amazing but the rest of the world is full of idiots worship me" crap. 35 isn't too old for some things - but it is too old for things he should have grown out of. Once you get above 25 or so I start questioning your ability to be funny if you're still writing to teenagers, and once you hit 30+ and start balding I just feel sad. It's all he's got I guess.

Yeah, I guess I can understand that. Jonathan Davis of Korn is 43 and he seriously needs to cut out the stupid "the whole world is against me because some woman raped me when I was 12" crap and disingenuous angsty lyrics that got boring after the first album that have been copied by abortions like Linkin Park, Evanescence, and Limp Bizkit and stopped being popular since 2003, but no. He keeps doing it and I keep hoping he dies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah, I guess I can understand that. Jonathan Davis of Korn is 43 and he seriously needs to cut out the stupid "the whole world is against me because some woman raped me when I was 12" crap and disingenuous angsty lyrics that got boring after the first album that have been copied by abortions like Linkin Park, Evanescence, and Limp Bizkit and stopped being popular since 2003, but no. He keeps doing it and I keep hoping he dies.

Weirdly enough though, I just realized that I don't judge people who do small kid's shows, like The Wiggles or whatever. Maybe it's because I assume one is just a job and the other is a true belief? Or maybe because I don't find the attitude espoused in little kid shows as annoying? Hm. I might be biased.

Sir Codin

Weirdly enough though, I just realized that I don't judge people who do small kid's shows, like The Wiggles or whatever. Maybe it's because I assume one is just a job and the other is a true belief? Or maybe because I don't find the attitude espoused in little kid shows as annoying? Hm. I might be biased.
    I'm not really into those types of shows, so I don't know.

This is more my cup of tea:
    Spoiler:

Crux

Evermore
    Years
    Well, that's what I get for leaving for a hour.

I have no idea what the ♥♥♥♥ we're talking about, now.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Adult Swim usually is a ghost town. So far I've seen nothing but King of the Hill, Family Guy, and it's terrible spin-off starring Cleveland.
    At least the Cleveland Show got cancelled from what I've heard. So I take it you haven't seen Ricky & Morty?

As far as Maddox being 2edgy4u, isn't that only justifiable if Maddox use red and black color schemes for his appearance of choice and being angst about his dark past?

Sir Codin

At least the Cleveland Show got cancelled from what I've heard. So I take it you haven't seen Ricky & Morty?

As far as Maddox being 2edgy4u, isn't that only justifiable if Maddox use red and black color schemes for his appearance of choice and being angst about his dark past?
    No, I'm usually not up late or have much interest in TV in general, so I probably just miss it often.

Also, Maddox absolutely abhors people who dress in red and black color and act angsty about their "dark past" and for good reason; it's stupid Hot Topic BS.

Years
    Wow, I wasn't aware that The Cleveland Show was cancelled at all.. but I guess that goes to show you how much I care about that show in general.

Not much of an [as] watcher. I used to watch King of the Hill every now and then on [as], but I've just lost interest.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    The Cleveland Show was meh. IDC whether it got cancelled. :/

Family Guy does have a sort of humor I like, with how they portray the characters with different personas. It is a little immature, but that doesn't mean I can't like it. :p

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

That is a kind of edgy, but it's also edgy to just insult everyone and everything and act like you're the best thing to happen to the world, to the point of insulting taboo things (like drawings of children in his case). Both edgy, both in different ways.

Sir Codin

That is a kind of edgy, but it's also edgy to just insult everyone and everything and act like you're the best thing to happen to the world, to the point of insulting taboo things (like drawings of children in his case). Both edgy, both in different ways.
    Oh, man "I am better than your kids"

Classic.

Years
    I don't understand why my mother hates Family Guy, tbh. My brother thinks it's hilarious, and I've seen bits and pieces of the show and thought the same.

I always like shows with a bit of satire anyways.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I only like watching plots with Brian really. Too much of it falls under "I'm dumb, look at me!" for my humor interests - although I do like the breakaway skits in the shows.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back