• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC + SU) Rated T

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Well, Graves is a little younger, I think if they had met each other it would have only been in passing, since Graves isn't a very sociable person.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Yeah, but he may still have heard rumors of a certain captain's son running away from the marines, and if Graves saw Vance using the techniques usually reserved for Marine training... well, he might be able to piece it together. Again, I'll let you decide on that :P

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention to the two new players! We do have a pad where we sometimes talk and share ideas. I'll send you the link through PM and skype so that you both have it. Sorry for not mentioning this earlier!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Yamagi Sosuke- Hey there! Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately, we're all filled up at the moment, but if anyone does ever drop out, we'll be sure to let you know so you can join up! As for the canon list, it is updated with everyone we've introduced, so most of the other canon fruits are not taken.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Wow. We don't use this thread a lot. Well, as one of the GMs, I'll bump this up a bit in case it's easier for anyone to use this and if people check it despite Skype and Etherpads keeping us in contact.

So I posted the massive JP (with a few people not enjoying it), mostly because it felt like a good place to stop. You guys can make short solo posts if you want (optional) while SV and I plan to throw something else at you. Probably this weekend.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Name: Kenzo, Altros
Epithet/Nickname: "Quicksand"

Appearance: Altros is about 1,85m tall, has tanned skin and a somewhat muscular body. His hair is short and very dark, his eyes greenish-brown and his ears and nose regular size. He normally has a 3-day-beard. As for clothes, he wears a light, sleeve-less, brown vest and a white shirt underneath. He has a golden earring on his left ear, and a few leather bracelets on his right wrist. His trousers are black and short and on his feet he wears sandals. He has a belt around his waist, with a little sachet and a dagger attached to it.

Personality: Altros is a very smart and independent person. He is kind at heart, but hides his true self under a serious and witty expression. People who dont know Altros should never trust him, as he loves to manipulate people and use them to his advantage. Friends of his know him as someone you can rely on, and who would do anything to protect his friends. As he cant trust anyone though, only a few people get to see that side of him. Altros is very observant and not a big talker, as he prefers to analyze people by what they do and how, rather than what they say. He is very sarcastic and maybe even a bit arrogant. He is very disciplined and sure about his abilities, which he is trained over the years. Although he seems a tough fellow, his biggest desire is to find a group of people he can trust and fit into, a feeling he has never had in his life. Although he is good at judging how people feel, he has difficulties expressing and showing his own emotions, and prefers to hide them.

History: After Altros was born, his mother left him at the steps of a church, as she wouldnt be able to take care of him. Not knowing anything about his past or his parents, he grew up in a foster home in the Alabasta Kingdom, located in the middle of the desert. His time at the foster home was hard, as he was one of the smallest and youngest kids there. The older ones would always tease him, take away his stuff and eat his food. This hard childhood made Altros who he is today. Since he wasnt the strongest, he started outsmarting the other kids, playing them one against each other, so that they would leave him alone. Many people came to adopt kids, but Altros was never chosen by any family, which made him think there was no one on earth that cared about him. He continued living in the foster home, going about his business, never making any friends. The only thing he cared about was his survival, nothing more.

When Altros turned 14, he decided he had seen enough of this miserable foster home life, and decided to get out and live on the streets. He figured it couldnt be much harder than the foster home, but oh was he wrong. He didnt have to deal with kids anymore, but grown-ups, thieves and a lot of bad people. He had trouble gathering food, and he was sure he wouldnt survive long. One day, he tried to steal fruit from a merchant, who wasnt paying attention to his goods. As Altros grabbed a few bananas and was ready to run away, something grabbed him by his shirt, not allowing him to get away. It was the merchant, who apparently did notice what was going on. Altros tried to get loose, but the middle-aged man had a good grip on him. "You know, stealing is not a nice thing to do" he said in a calm and deep voice. "Yeah well, screw you! Let me go, im hungry!" Altros said. The old man looked at Altros, and for some reason, Altros thought he saw compassion in his eyes. He let Altros go, but asked him to not run away.

Altros and the man who went by the name of Kobent talked, and Altros told him why he stole and what a miserable life he had lived. Kobent knew that kid needed help, and he made Altros an offer: Altros could work with the man, help him sell fruit and spices, and in return the man would feed him and give him a place to stay. Altros didnt know what to say, but anything was better than living on the streets, so he agreed. In the following years, Kobent took care of Altros and taught him basic things, like math, geography or how to cook and take care for himself. Altros started getting used to his new life. He couldnt say he liked the man, as he had never really felt anything, but he felt safe at least.

Altros started out hanging out with some kids, mostly sons and daughters of the other merchants that sold good at the market, and they started developing a hobby: Stealing. They stole from the richer customers, using diversions and their little but swift hands. Altros realized he was pretty good at that, and usually ended up being the one who stole the most coins at the end of the day. Him and the other kids would split the money, because apparently that was the "fair way", but Altros would still keep a few extra coins hidden, as he didnt feel like the others deserved more. Altros had to keep this a secret, or Kobent would probably get angry and kick him out. One day though, as it had to happen sooner or later, Altros was caught: He was stealing a nice sachet from a man buying some fabrics, as someone ran into him, making Altros crash into the guy he was stealing from, dropping the sachet to the ground. As the satched fell to the ground, it broke, and all the coins it was holding were now spread on the ground.

Altros grabbed a few and started running, and he could hear the man scream "Guards, Guards!! That Kid is a thief!!" Altros knew the whole market had either heard or seen what just happened, and he knew going back to Kobent was not an option. He ran as fast as he could to get away, without looking back. He was 17 at the time, and now he was back on living on the streets. But he had learned a lot these last 3 years, and he knew he could take care of himself.

In the next few years, Altros kept stealing from anyone to stay alive, sometimes alone, sometimes in a gang. He prefered to be a lone wolf though, and only joined groups of thieves he knew he could steal some valuable stuff from. Fast forward a few years, and Altros is 23 years old. He is walking through Alabasta, looking for his next victim, as he sees an odd man walking at a fast pace with a little wooden chest under his arm. Altros instantly there was something of value in that chest, and he wanted to get it. He tracked the man down, getting closer and closer, until he was right in front of him. As Altros was now walking right next to the man, he suddenly pushed him, shouting "Hey, are you trying to rob me? What are you doing?" The man looked at Altros with a surprised look, as he didnt know what was going on. Altros then pushed the man, who crashed into a group of men, who then started pushing back. As Altros had hoped, a brawl started, and everyone started pushing and punching the first thing in front of them. As the man was pushed again, he dropped his chest, and Altros was fasts to grab it and run away.

When Altros opened the chest, he realized there was only a fruit in there. He was baffled: Why put a fruit in a chest? What was so valuable about it? One thing was certain: Altros had never seen such a fruit in his life. As he wondered what it was, he decided to take a bit. After all, it had to be a valuable fruit right?? As soon as he bit the fruit, he realized it tasted awful. He almost spit it out, but managed to swallow the bite. He started feeling weird, and his stomach started hurting like never before. He was hiding in an empty old house, and as he screamed in pain, he hope no one would hear him. After what felt like an eternity, the pain stopped, and Altros felt...different? He didnt know what it was, but he felt full of an odd Power. The next day, he found out he coould turn into Sand at will, which at first was scary, but then he realized what that would allow him to do.

Altros, having eaten the Sand-Sand fruit, started to pull of impressive heists, getting into the most secure places and stealing a lot of gold and important pieces. He became somewhat notorious, but as his power allowed him to come and go at will, he never felt any proof behind.

Devil Fruit/Equipment/Weapon: Sand-Sand fruit, also known as Suna Suna no Mi, a Logia-type devil fruit. Allows the user to create, control, and transform into sand at will, turning the user into a Sand Human. As for weapons, Altros only uses a Dagger from time to time, but relies mostly on his Sand Powers. He has a sachet on his belt, but no other special equipment besides that.

Goal/Dream: If someone were to ask Altros for his goals, he would simply answer to get rich and steal as much as possible. The truth is though. Altros want to find a place where he finally feels at home. Having been an outsider and a loner all his life, he hopes to find a crew of people that will finally accept him for who he is. And of course, finding the biggest and most valuable treasure is an added Bonus. Altros figures there is no one more likely to accept him than a group of pirates, so he goes ahead and looks for a crew to join.

Other/Quirks: Altros is not capable of showing his emotions. No matter what happens around him, he would always look serious and simply ask "What?". He also has a tendency of robbing anyone around him, no matter if friend or foe.

Current Bounty: 10,000mberi. Nothing big, just some bounty Altros has gathered from heists he was caught during.

Let me know what you think (:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Hey Zorogami,

I dig the SU and think your character would most likely click pretty well with the rest of the cast. With this being said, I will need to discuss everything at length with SV to see if you can be brought in and whatnot. We have a big cast already, however, we did have a couple of people disappear on us so that may mean we may have a spot open.

Sadly, SV is computer-less for a second time so I will have to conquer communication barriers and time zones in order to see what we are doing with you. Hang tight, though and we should know what to do with you :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hey Zorogami,

I dig the SU and think your character would most likely click pretty well with the rest of the cast. With this being said, I will need to discuss everything at length with SV to see if you can be brought in and whatnot. We have a big cast already, however, we did have a couple of people disappear on us so that may mean we may have a spot open.

Sadly, SV is computer-less for a second time so I will have to conquer communication barriers and time zones in order to see what we are doing with you. Hang tight, though and we should know what to do with you :)

First and foremost, thank you!! Im glad my character would fit well into the group.
I was hesitant to post a SU, but SV convinced me to since a few people have been gone for about a month.
Im thankful you will be putting so much effort into it, really, and if it looks too problematic, dont worry, i can sit out.
That being said, i would be really happy to be accepted into this RP.

Ill just sit back and wait to hear from you again! And thanks! :)

Legend

Kingslayer
Years

First and foremost, thank you!! Im glad my character would fit well into the group.
I was hesitant to post a SU, but SV convinced me to since a few people have been gone for about a month.
Im thankful you will be putting so much effort into it, really, and if it looks too problematic, dont worry, i can sit out.
That being said, i would be really happy to be accepted into this RP.

Ill just sit back and wait to hear from you again! And thanks! :)

Since SV pushed you to apply, I think it will not be difficult to put you in. We are actually near the end of an arc, so bringing you in will be very easy. SV and I will just need to talk about it (or make executive decisions xD) and figure everything out.

In other words, things are looking up ;D

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Oh, shoot, did I just miss an open spot? XD

Last response is late. My (and SV's) apologies. We each got caught up with personal responsibilities and failed to notice your post. To answer your question, yes, we are full for the time being. If a spot ever opens up, we'll reach out to you.

Anyway, to everyone else if you bother to check this over the Skype group and/or the pad, I'll slowly work on introducing the next island. Meanwhile, talk amongst yourselves on the ship and bond together.

Zorogami, once I post introducing the crew to the new island, you can most likely post your post you worked on. However, if you don't mind, I'd like to check it out again (in case you changed anything xD).

Years
Sorry for how late my post will be, my practical placement has started so my time is pretty much split with very little to myself right now. I'm going to attempt to get a post in for Thursday though.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Given permission by Rai and SV to make an official cook for our crew, so here we go. Enjoy and all that good stuffs. :3

Name: Selena

Epithet/Nickname: The Dancing Chef

Appearance: Selena stands at a height of about 5'6" with a toned, yet slender body build. She sports a fair skin complexion, with lime green eyes and dark, emerald green hair. Selena's hair is fairly long, easily reaching down to her lower back. She usually keeps it pulled back into a tight ponytail, with the bangs falling into her face, just above her eyes. Her nose comes to a small, yet noticeable point, with thin eyebrows matching the color of her hair.

In terms of clothing, Selena prefers to wear a bit looser style. She generally wears baggy pants which usually vary in either white or black, held in place around her hips by either a sash or rope-styled belt. Her tops tend to generally mix between tank tops and those which resemble bikini or sports bra-styled which show off her toned and tight abs. A pair of fingerless, black gloves are generally worn on her hands, with a gold bracelet around her upper, left arm. The one article of clothing which seems to always stay in place no matter what is the red hairband which holds her hair into its trademark ponytail-style. Selena usually chooses not to use footwear, more often than not going barefoot.

Personality: A spry and lively girl, Selena is a ball of energy that absolutely loves to have a good time. There does not seem to be much she takes seriously and the girl always seems ready to have a good time and party whenever possible. Being the energetic person she is, Selena finds that any situation can be made into a light and enjoyable occasion with dancing, friends, and good food. However, because of her not-so-serious personality, Selena has been known to eventually get on people's nerves with this sort of constant activity.

That is not to say that those sorts of things are all she thinks about, however. In fact, there is one thing Selena takes seriously more than anything else, and that is her cooking. While cooking, Selena seems to take on a completely different personality. She puts a great deal of focus into her work, and absolutely cannot stand when people disrespect her cooking or the kitchen in which the food is prepared.

Devil Fruit/Equipment/Weapon: In combat, Selena does not rely upon any form of special equipment or Devil Fruit powers. Rather, she uses her own body as weapon. Selena was trained in a style of fighting known as Capoeria. This is a form of fighting in which the user more or less combines martial arts with dancing, using a fluid combination of power, speed, and unpredictability to combat their foes.

History: Selena was born and raised in the city of Dinas. Orphaned at an early age, she spent most of her life living with her grandfather in one of the more, lower-class sections of the city. Although the old man did not have much to offer, he always did his best to provide the girl with whatever she needed, be it food, clothing, or at the very least a roof over head during the night.

The girl did not have a long time to live with her grandfather. By the time the girl turned seven years old, the older man was taken from her, mostly on account of poor health due to constantly doing without to make sure that Selena had enough to get by herself. With the most important person in her life gone, Selena found herself becoming a very angry child. She was angry at her parents for abandoning her. She was angry at her grandfather for dying and leaving her on her own. But most importantly, she found herself growing angry at the city in which she called her home.

During her time alone on the streets, Selena began to learn just how cruel and uncaring people could be. The girl would often find herself sitting on street corners, begging citizen and traveler alike for money, food, shelter, or some combination of the three. More often than not, the girl was met with nothing more than a cold shoulder or a coin that would not even be enough to buy her a piece of fruit or scrap of bread. Each night would more often than not result in Selena huddled up under some cardboard box or in alley somewhere. Eventually, the girl came to the conclusion that the only way she'd be able to truly survive at this rate was to take up thievery. It was during this action that everything in her life would change forever.

It happened one night, shortly after the girl turned eight years old. Selena had been picking pockets for a while now, never managing to get a lot, but at the very least she was getting enough to get by. One night, the girl had picked a target unlike any she had actually seen. It was an elderly woman, most likely in her mid-to-late 60's at the earliest. She was dressed rather well off, as well, with lots of jewelry and a fashionable dress that one would only imagine the richest of the city's citizens would be able to afford. Selena could not fathom why in the world the woman would be walking around one of the more seedier areas of the island city at such a late hour, but she was not about to let such an opportunity pass her by.

Quickly, the green-haired girl made her way to make off with the woman's purse. However before she got very far, Selena found the woman quickly spinning around with a foot quickly being shoved into the small girl's stomach. Despite being kicked back and winded, Selena was quite impressed to say the least. She found herself questioning how an older woman like that was not only able to tell that she was sneaking up on her, but able to spin around and kick her away with such power, speed, and grace.

On the other hand, the woman herself was also surprised. She had known that it was possible that someone might try to mug her a section of the city such as this, but to find out that it was a little girl? She instantly knew that something had to be amiss.

The woman inquired as to what was actually going on. Selena, of course, was reluctant to tell the woman anything. However, it did not take long for the older woman to start putting the pieces together. She was easily able to decipher that based on Selena's rag-like dress and dirty appearance, that she had been most likely living on the streets for some time. The woman could also tell that there was a great anger within the child based on the life she had been living up until that point. Not giving it a second thought, the old woman took Selena with her to her home... not really giving the girl any choice in the matter.

Selena would soon come to know the woman as Marta Sorrel, who not only was only a very wealthy woman, but also ran a fairly famous restaurant in Dinas. The woman offered her a proposition, that in exchange for helping her out at the restaurant, Marta would offer the girl a place to live, clothes to wear, and the like. Selena seemed a bit leery of the offer, but she eventually came to agree.

Time to continued to go by. Selena kept her end of the deal, helping out at Marta's restaurant. During her time there, the girl learned a great deal about cooking and food. She would gradually start to warm up to the woman and the idea of cooking as a whole. However, Marta noticed that despite Selena putting forth such energy into a positive activity, there was still a great abundance of energy in the girl, as well as some of the residule anger from her early childhood. Marta decided that perhaps the girl would benefit from a little discipline as well, and so she began to instruct her in the fighting style of Capoeria. Needless to say, Selena was quite surprised to see someone as old as Marta was able to move with such fluid movements and grace. Impressed and intrigued at this style, Selena questioned just where in the world Marta learned such a unique style of movement.

Marta would come to explain that before she opened her restaurant in Dinas, she served as cook aboard a pirate ship many years ago. She revealed that she had originally came from the South Blue, and she had used this fighting-style herself while serving as the cook on the crew. Selena was amazed. Not only was Marta a cook, owner of a restaurant, knew such a unique fighting style, but she had been a pirate as well too? So many accomplishments were just unheard of for the girl. Marta inquired if during her spare time when not at the restaurant, if Selena would be willing to learn and practice this martial art style. She jumped at the chance.

More time passed, and the bond between Marta and Selena grew. The younger, green-haired girl began to look up to Marta as sort of a mother-figure, despite the vast age difference between the two. While training and cooking, Marta would often recount stories of her past as pirate ship cook and various legends and stories she had heard about while at sea. One of those legends revolved around an island in the New World known as Sabola. Marta described it as a mystical place, where the most exotic and delicious of all spices could be harvested to make any food an absolute taste of perfection. The woman explained that a part of her had always wanted to find the island, but she was getting just to old to do so anymore, and it was most likely going to remain just a dream. Selena, remembering all that the woman had done for her, made a promise to Marta. She promised that one day, she would find that island herself, and bring back the spices of the legend to really make the woman's cooking the greatest in the world.

Goal/Dream: Selena's dream is to one day venture out of the city of Dinas in order to sail the seas of the world and refine her cooking to levels of absolute perfection. In particular, she has dreams of one day finding the legendary Sabola Island. This island is rumored to contain the rarest spice in all the world, with the abilities to make anything taste as if it is from the heavens themselves. Selena is certain that with this spice in her cooking, she will be able to become the greatest cook in the entire world.

Bounty: 0 Beli

Quirks: Selena is clumsy to an almost unnatural level. Oddly enough, the only three times she seems to show any form of grace is when in the kitchen, dancing, or in battle. Also, despite her seriousness when in the kitchen, Selena still manages to dance while cooking... though she drops this act the moment someone badmouths her cooking.​

Years
Well, Skellen is going to like this cook lady xD

Speaking of which, I'm not entirely sure what I want to have Skellen do. He'll probably go looking to replenish his razors etc, but because he's Skellen something has to go terribly wrong for him haha
Anyone interested in some interaction maybe?

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
SV and I are doing a little thing. I recommend contacting Greiger and seeing if he wants to do anything :D

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Gimme, if you're up for it we can do a JP with Selena and Skellen. I'm sure the doctor might like a bite to eat or something~

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
HEY. GIMMIE ALREADY PMED ME. STOP HOGGING HIM ALBIE! *Will sob if he can't jp with Gimmie*

Back