• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • When comparing the two games, I'm amazed how much detail and how well they've captured the originality of the games. I was kinda put off by the XY graphics style of Hoenn since for me it might not feel like Hoenn in that style, but after seeing the E3 gameplay yesterday it looks incredible!

OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

I have to say, those graphics look so polished! I love how the puddles retained the reflection effect they had in the originals. The trees do remind me of Sinnoh though.

Years
  • The trees do remind me of Sinnoh though.

Sinnoh remakes confirmed. /jk

re: vibrant colors, I went through some of the XY screencaps and the colors seemed to match the actual ones in-game (i.e., weren't more vibrant or different shading-wise), but I do agree the colors in the pic do seem rather bright. If it isn't due to the camerawork, perhaps it's due to Drought being in effect due to Groudon's awakening? I don't remember which areas weren't affected by it in Ruby, but it did make things brighter. On a related note, if they include day/night mechanics, I wonder how Drought would work at night XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I have to say, those graphics look so polished! I love how the puddles retained the reflection effect they had in the originals. The trees do remind me of Sinnoh though.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought they looked similar to the Sinnoh ones xD. It's nice to see some familiar elements from the regions that we've seen since Gen III there.

Drought at Night...maybe they'll just show steaming water at night. Ahh, can you imagine the music for Drought coming in OR? It was seriously creepy in RE.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • When comparing the two games, I'm amazed how much detail and how well they've captured the originality of the games. I was kinda put off by the XY graphics style of Hoenn since for me it might not feel like Hoenn in that style, but after seeing the E3 gameplay yesterday it looks incredible!

OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

First thing that I noticed really was how similar everything was, but so different in a sense. When I saw the Fortree treehouses, I was like "WOAH WOAH, this hasn't changed."

The nostalgia feels so good.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Well the games are five months away from release, so there is time to touch up on the graphics. However I don't feel like will change them up all that much, to me those colours and that style feels more like Hoenn than XY graphics did.

Well if you look at the early screenshots for any games they tend to look like that. Missing detail.

I guarantee they will add more. It just wouldn't make sense for them to not to. Part of the selling point of these games is "OH LOOK AT HOW PRETTY IT IS NOW!" Can't say that when it isn't pretty.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I agree with Cat! The graphics have a different feel than the ones in X and Y even if it is the same engine. Route 103 , Fortree and the Cycle Road really have a Hoenn feel to them.

Years
  • Well let me be the first to say that mega sableye is a mega letdown:( I had such high hopes since sableye is one of my top favorites. Oh well, hopefully that won't be the only other new mega.

Years
  • It'd be kinda coincidental if the gems on the shiny Mega Sableye are blue, because well the main colors of the two versions are red and blue plus normal Sableye has both a ruby and sapphire on its back, it'd feel weird to me if that isn't the case.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Mega sableye is hopefully peankster saybleye with very high defences +defensive pure power, as mawhile is a counterpart?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back