• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I actually never used Pokeblocks, and I barely used Poffins, so I would be fine with either one appearing in ORAS. I guess I'd prefer Pokeblocks to remain traditional with RSE, but it's not of that much importance. I wasn't able to make any with my friends, so couldn't really enjoy the feature in its entirety.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I actually never used Pokeblocks, and I barely used Poffins, so I would be fine with either one appearing in ORAS. I guess I'd prefer Pokeblocks to remain traditional with RSE, but it's not of that much importance. I wasn't able to make any with my friends, so couldn't really enjoy the feature in its entirety.

They were fun to make, though, if I recall. Not nearly as fun as poffins but I can imagine the creation system of them getting a revamp.

Years
  • Since we have a touch screen, I can see GF putting it on the top screen and having you tap the bottom when the arrow on the Berry Blender touches the one you're assigned to. It's simple and fun enough that I can't see them changing it too much, but you never know.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Could change too, it may become more simpler to understand, but the basic principle will stay as timing. They could also make it more complex, like having to press different buttons at different circumstances. I really hope they improve the AI Pokéblock mixing, though. As of now if I always mix only super berries like Pamtre do I manage to maximise my Pokémon's contest stats. It sort of makes all the others redundant, tbh.

Years
  • A renovation to the feature would definitely be in order. It'd be cool to see what they do with it, incorporating 3D graphics and the dual-screen as well. Also, I'd like to see some new berries to help focus on two contest stats simultaneously, or simply a bunch of new berries in general. One of my main goals in ORAS is going to be collecting all of the berries, haha! Mostly because I barely collected any in RSE B)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • A renovation to the feature would definitely be in order. It'd be cool to see what they do with it, incorporating 3D graphics and the dual-screen as well. Also, I'd like to see some new berries to help focus on two contest stats simultaneously, or simply a bunch of new berries in general. One of my main goals in ORAS is going to be collecting all of the berries, haha! Mostly because I barely collected any in RSE B)

I wonder how the new berries introduced in XY will come out as Pokeblocks. They may make it easier to get higher level blocks.

That reminds me, I mentioned in the berry thread that they could add back the e-reader berries in the originals. I think those resulted in high level blocks.

Years
  • I almost forgot about the new berries! Looking at some of the ones that reduced damage in Gen. IV, they seem to have primary and secondary flavors (e.g., the Tanga Berry is primarily spicy with a bit of sourness), so perhaps the Roseli Berry will follow suit? Dunno about the other two, as the other stat-boosting berries seem to vary in terms of what flavors they have in them. I'd also like to see the e-Reader berries readded, especially because I didn't know about them until it was brought up. (I never had an e-Reader.)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I hope the cooking system remains same, in some way. It was so fun to mash your buttons, and would suck to see that taken away, or even slowed down process-wise.

Years
  • I hope the cooking system remains same, in some way. It was so fun to mash your buttons, and would suck to see that taken away, or even slowed down process-wise.

I hope it stays the same too. Though, I can see them maybe making us to do it using the touch screen too. I think that the dance routines in DPP allowed for both too irc.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I hope it stays the same too. Though, I can see them maybe making us to do it using the touch screen too. I think that the dance routines in DPP allowed for both too irc.

I personally wouldn't mind to use touch-screen to execute this sort of stuff, but I'm really hoping they don't make it mandatory. At times, touch-screen could make it a bit of hassle to actually get work done.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, it did take a lot of time just to crush one berry. Considering that the player may have lots of other stuff to do as well, I hope the machine works faster, or requires less clicks to finish. Touch screen shouldn't get a high role in any activity, because the response sensitivity of the touch fades away from the 3DS over time and you'd end up having not pressed anything even though you did, and all that. tbh I'm glad Pokémon doesn't use touch a lot.

Years
  • I personally wouldn't mind to use touch-screen to execute this sort of stuff, but I'm really hoping they don't make it mandatory. At times, touch-screen could make it a bit of hassle to actually get work done.

I know what you mean. I sure hope they'll allow for both to be used (there are those who prefer to touch a screen than button jam). I will probably button jam for old times sake :3

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I hope that PokeBlock making would be pretty much the same as with RSE. I kinda like the little challenge that it brought, having to time it right. I hope we can use the touch screen or just press the A button like we did in RSE!

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Yes, please bring back the Berry Blender! i want to go back to sucking just like when I was younger

that's not sarcasm ;)

It would be even better if you had to use the touch screen, I mean that is the logical upgrade, the buttons that light up when you need to press your button are just made for touching!

Although, I wonder if touching will make it easier?

Years
  • View attachment 72497

I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but here I go... going to give it a shot!

I was looking over these two images, and noticed how they reflect one another. There's differences in every aspect EXCEPT for that triangle shape in the sky. Now, I have THREE theories to what this can mean:
    1) It represents the Delta symbol (∆), and can hint at Rayquaza descending from the sky to calm the two primal beings. This would shed some light on the Delta Emerald fiasco.
    2) This can be Deoxys descending from outer space. My two reasons for this is, one, that in games like FR & LF Deoxys was to be summoned from a triangular plate. Two, Deoxys came from outerspace in the form of a virus. Not in his normal stage. Possibly the reason for it being a simple triangular shape.
    3) My last and personally, the most "Farfetch'd", is that it is Jirachi as a shooting star. This is unlikely for me because Jirachi is not related to Groudon/Kyogre... HOWEVER, I put this here because it looks like a shooting something haha, and I would love to see Jirachi in these remakes outside of an event.

This is my analysis, I'd love to hear some feedback.

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Making Pokeblocks with the touch screen sounds like fun...hopefully they make it more fun than they did with Poffin making. It seemed like a chore, making Poffins. Though, as with all remakes, they'll keep to the original, so same thing just with touch controls.

Years
  • View attachment 72497

I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but here I go... going to give it a shot!

I was looking over these two images, and noticed how they reflect one another. There's differences in every aspect EXCEPT for that triangle shape in the sky. Now, I have THREE theories to what this can mean:
    1) It represents the Delta symbol (∆), and can hint at Rayquaza descending from the sky to calm the two primal beings. This would shed some light on the Delta Emerald fiasco.

Out of all the analysis points you stated, this is the one I most agree with. The shape behind the Delta symbol even resembles Rayquaza's body, so it would make the most sense. Since it shows up in both screenshots, it may be seen as Rayquaza trying to calm Groudon and Kyogre down in order to prevent them from causing permanent damage to the world.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back