• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Parts and features you like to see in the final version

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    I just remembered something I thought of.

On the topicof the protagonists, I had an awesome idea. What if you could not only go to all four regions, they each had a new mountain in them? Kanto's would be Mount Yellow, Jhoto's would be Mount Crystal, Hoenn's would be Mount Emerald, Sinnoh's would be Mount Platinum. And they each have a protagonist on the peak from their individual games!

Years
    the only thing i really want to see is a simple safari zone! the safari zone in HGSS was waaaay to complicated, nobody, without a guide, is gonna figure our how to get the pokemon they want

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I would like to see more of a story with the gym leaders, out of all the gym leaders in the anime none of them were just there waiting for you. Maybe have a event involving them before you get there badge, after you beat them, and then after you become champion........... And also i want people to reconize that you have captured a legendary pokemon to make it seem real

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Inorite, great marketing strategy by the company, eh?

I'm not holding up many hopes for gamebreaking improvements. heck, I'm hoping that they don't change things that don't need to be changed. I'm a big fan of the if it ain't broke don't fix it cliché when it comes to pokémon games, and in my view it's just a ploy to hype up the game.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'll try to look for my source later...

Anyways, I was doing some reading on Black and White and somewhere it said something about adding new things to the games that we've never seen before and that we would never expect. Now I'm not referring to the random new features such as a new app or something (although they might be referring to this) but the way they foreshadowed it makes it seem as Game Freak decided to take a different path than the ones they've been taking since Pokemon started.

For instance, in Black and White, the protagonists aren't 10 or 11, but they actually look to be in their teens.

What else do you think will be done with these games?
    Merged into the other "what do you want/think will happen with the games" thread. :s It's not as gadget-related but it's still the same general thread premise.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    1. No more HMs

2. Heart Scales more easily available

3. Being able to let your Pokemon out of their balls; also, choosing a Pokemon to follow you around, not necessarily having only your lead Pokemon

I have so many more in a compendium I've made of all the good ideas I've seen on various fora and websites, so I may post more later...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    the only thing i really want to see is a simple safari zone! the safari zone in HGSS was waaaay to complicated, nobody, without a guide, is gonna figure our how to get the pokemon they want
    Exactly. While it was an interesting feature to have which Pokemon appeared in the Safari Zone be based on the amount of days, it's too excessive with the personalization items and wait time. I would like to catch a certain Pokemon I have my eye on without needing to wait seventy days when I could use it now.

I also agree that there should be stronger wild Pokemon in the late-game areas. It would make it easier to continue training my Pokemon to level 100, instead of a longer period of training time because I can't find anything higher than fifty-five, I'll say.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    Whether it already exists or you wanna make it up what do you hope they'll put into it?

For one thing I hope they make more badass pokemon and I hope the rumors about revealing the GS ball relating to Celebi like they should of done is true.

But I really hope they'll do a sequal to pokemon xd gale of darkness or make a new battle revolution that's a lot like Pokemon Stadium. Or better yet even both! maybe have an Adventure mode then a Stadium mode.

I also hope the gameplay will be longer and won't be too quick to finish.

Finally I think this is a big one. I really REALLY REALLY hope they'll remake Ruby and Sapphire, maybe a MagmaRuby and an AquaSapphire or something. It'd also be cool if they redo Yellow, Blue, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum someday but I doubt that'll happen.

franko94

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2013
    Idk about anyone else but pokemon over level 100 would be good like maybe up to 150 or 200
    simpler safari zone
    More pokemon in the daycare
    Pokemon follow you around
    longer story line
    more areas
    missions

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I hope that in Black and White you get to actually surf, fly, or ride on the actual pokémon instead of a black blob.

technically if you look at the sprite closely that "black blob" is wailmer in gen3, and empoleon in gen4 :P *points to the obvious tail,and fens on the sides&how its elongated*

from the look of Isshu,i dont think we will be seeing much of surf O.O

i want plot, pokemon walkin behind us, and hoenn contests back :D also pokeathelon and the safari zone from johto ^_^

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    I'd like to see the Partner feature from Yellow, SoulSilver and HeartGold return to Black/White, it really increased the fun factor. Also, a random WIFI battle feature, so you can have a quick battle with whoever fits your criteria.
    (E.G. Lv.50 DoubleBattle)
    A Gym creator would be fun. You could also set up the
    Gyms-Type and how many trainers and with which Pokemon, then you could share your Gyms with other people. And I'd love to see a trainer sprite creator, it would make your game seem more personal. And maybe catching certain Pokemon in the city? Urban Pokemon like Meowth and Mr.Mime maybe?

Anyway, those are my thoughts.
    Enjoy!

P.S. I'd love the idea of facing each region Protanganist in their own region. And on their own dungeon area related to their home region. For example;

Kanto - Red - Mt. Silver (Same as G/S/C and HG/SS)
    Johto - Gold - Montire Island (*Shug* Jhoto is the second most water based of all the regions)
    Hoenn - Ruby - Lagora Desert (Hoenn is the hottest of all current regions)
    Sinnoh - Diamond - Frost Hill (While Sinnoh is the coldest)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    I would love if you could go to the other regions and make a better battle froniter!
    The battle froniter in P/Hg/SS isn't really that cool

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
    I want the gym leaders to be a good 5 levels+ higher than the gym trainers. Not high enough so that we have to grind, but high enough so that we have to use strategy and not just spam flamethrower.
    And I want the gym leaders to use items like the choice scarf, to boost their pokemon, as such to have real movesets rather than four random moves that don't compliment each other at all. I want my gym battles to be hard.

Also I want to encourage using all four moves, such as Pokemon "learning". Each time your opponent uses a move, you "learn" a bit about it and it does less damage next time, and vice versa with your opponent, forcing you to use strategy.

And what about combo moves, like ice beam + aqua jet = ice aqua jet?
    Or "counter"moves, e.g. using flamethrower after your opponent uses razor leaf as a counter to burn the leaves.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    I don't think most of these would happen, but everyone can wish, right?

the ability to move moves around again!

I want better dialogue with the extra's.there should be a few phrases they have (maybe not for all of the extras, but at least some) For example they could say
    oh! my friend also has *insert pokemon at the head of your party*
    Yesterday I heard you won *insert badge* etc

I want detailed sub-plots.They should be optional though.
    for example, A scientist is investigating the differences between pokemon of the same species. he needs x amount of pokemon raised to x level. When you do that, he then wants to see the difference between trainer raised pokemon and a daycare raised pokemon. Then maybe he wants to see how much happiness (or lack there of ) effects return/frustation. Etc. But I don't want it to be, hey you did one thing for me, here have a gift and then I'll say the same message over and over.

Maybe a ending to a mission like that could be "Thanks! I think that I know everything I need. I'll ring you when I've analysed the results" when he has analysed them, they could say "Hey! remember the experiment you helped me with? well it's nominated with for a prize! if I win, you can half of the prize!" then afterwards it'd be "Guess what? I won! The prize was 10,000 pokedollars, a 10 rare berries and a fire stone. Here, have 5,000 pokedollars, 5 berries and you can have the fire stone, i have no need for it"

Other missions could include mentoring younger trainers, protecting places, doing errands for people.
    There also should be a way to keep track of what you've done, like a sticker to put on your trainer card or something.
    I realise that things like these are already in the games, but I find them lacking. I'd like them to take awhile.

More family involvement! Though now the character is older, it's less likely to happen. Maybe your mum (why is it the mum is the only constant family character? what about siblings, aunts uncles fathers? I know not all kids playing have dads etc, but I don't see my dad a lot and I still find it's strange in all of the games, only one has a dad in it ) Will call you when you enter a town and say something like "Oh, you're in *insert town name* your uncle lives there! pay him a visit."

If there is something like the pokeathlon, you could train your pokemon, which would raise their stats. not just rely on aprijuice/poffins/etc

Also when you walk up to the house a door could appear on the bottom screen and you tap it. Some wouldn't open, it'd say something like oh... it appears the people aren't home. I think it would be better then having houses without doors >.<

And another thing that annoys me is everyone in the game assumes you look after your pokemon well. I think pokemon should have some kind of upkeep. IE, the pokemon in your party need brushing every so often or their happiness drops. And if you don't brush them, other people will comment on it. Maybe introduce health issues too? like toothaches, flu etc, They wouldn't happen a lot (maybe a average of a problem every ten hours played) and it wouldn't be caused by battles. You'd take it to the poke centre and they'd give you medicine that you should give once a day for X amount of days. While it is sick it might only have 3/4ths of it's HP.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    Good ideas but I would wish (like stated earlier) that there was more than 8 badges.
    But not making it mandatory to go to each gym. Instead we choose the 8 gyms we want to go to. That would be so cool

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back