• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Passion Of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Bazicly he didn't have to die, he chooze to in order to zave uz. It'z pretty zimple Wing Zero. Zorry, but thiz iz a religouz topic, that meanz it'z built on belifez, and that meanz there are a million thingz people can argue about them, it all dependz on your own perzonal belifez.
    It'z really not even an arguement, juzt comparing.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Wing Zero said:
    god-A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

how could a creator or surpream being die? its just not pracitical...and how do we know religion hasnt been bended inorder to meet the deamands of society? do you really belive we are reading the same exact text as it was written in ancient time?!
    also, when you translate things they lose the meaning...just look at japanees haikus...
    Teara's right. Jesus chose to die, didn't you read meh explanation? He suffered and died for our rins, besides, he didn't really die. He ressurected three days after being crucified.

*dies*

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    okay fine...but you never adressed my second question which is about the ible and other religious books...if those proved inaccurate then that would change all peopls beliefs becuas the beeifs are based on what is in the bible either pro it or against it..right?..i love debate!

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Wing Zero said:
    okay fine...but you never adressed my second question which is about the ible and other religious books...if those proved inaccurate then that would change all peopls beliefs becuas the beeifs are based on what is in the bible either pro it or against it..right?..i love debate!
    *gets dizzy* I can hardly understand what you're asking. @@;; I can hardly make out your spelling mistakes.. @__@; Can you clarify the question?

*dies*

Teara

Years
    You make a good point Wing Zero, we really don't know. But to think that they changed zomething...would they really have a reazon to?
    But think about how fiercly people defend their religion, people die for it all the time. Do you really think that if they(who ever the heck "they" are) changed it, that people would change what they belived in? I highly doubt it! Juzt think about the evolution theory, zcientiztz came up with excellent proof and yet many people ztill keep their belifez.

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    okay fine...but you never adressed my second question which is about the bible and other religious books...if those proved inacurate then that would change all peoples beliefs becuas the beleifs are based on what is in the bible, either pro it or against it..right?..i love debate! ^happy i corrected it...and my question was:

how do we know religion hasnt been bended inorder to meet the deamands of society? do you really belive we are reading the same exact text as it was written in ancient time?!
    also, when you translate things they lose the meaning...just look at japanees haikus...

i see teara answred faster than i could correct...
    but anyways...yep so all im saying is that well never know...so i guess we will never end this debate...o well ~_^

Teara

Years
    Wing Zero said:
    i see Teara answred faster than i could correct...
    but anyways...yep so all im saying is that well never know...so i guess we will never end this debate...o well ~_^
    Zo then why'd you zay you could win? Huh? :P

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    well you didnt win either and your post didnt totaly sway the discussion to your side...meaning my question is till left out in the open meaning i have not been beaten...

all in all ifs a very touching and meaningfull...

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Wing Zero said:
    okay fine...but you never adressed my second question which is about the bible and other religious books...if those proved inacurate then that would change all peoples beliefs becuas the beleifs are based on what is in the bible, either pro it or against it..right?..i love debate! ^happy i corrected it...and my question was:

how do we know religion hasnt been bended inorder to meet the deamands of society? do you really belive we are reading the same exact text as it was written in ancient time?!

i see teara answred faster than i could correct...
    These kinds of debate never have quite an end @@; Anyways, all I know about the bible is that most of the things on it are changed. Heck, I looked at two bibles, and they had very different things. =P One is never sure if its changed >_<; But anyways, although it may have been changed, most beliefs are passed on that try not to be changed. None of us really know if what the Bible says is really what has been written ages ago.

BTW, LOL @ Teara. Good point XD

*dies*

Teara

Years
    That'z why it'z a good idea to have ideaz inztead of belifez. Ideaz can be changed, belifez...if you're willing to die for them then it'z probably not very eazy to change them.

Thankz Cartoon, I actually feel zmart now :P

Zpeaking of rezurection, Cartoon, you zure die alot, imagine how many timez you've come back to life :P

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    On the subject of religions changing to meet the needs of society, I don't see that as the case with Christianity. Throughout the ages, those who have been entrusted with copying and translating scripture have been held to the standard of translating it verbatim. It's gone from Jewish to Greek and Latin to all the European vernaculars to all languages and the words haven't changed. Even if a few things can't be translated verbatim, all languages have equivalants to different phrases so it's not even a question if the language barrier has done anything to scripture. The message of the King James Version is no different than the New International Version (the most accurate version outside of Hebrew), only the wording is different. One is in plain english and one is in old english. But then there are versions like the Cotton Patch Version which are incredibly messed up...they turned the Bible into a story where Jesus was born in Georgia during the great depression. That's just irresponsible. But the devotion of the faithful holds them to the high translation standards that keep the Bible the way it has always been. I don't think I've heard of a major religion that would change itself just to suit society, especially seeing as popular society hates Christianity.

So I think that ought to answer your question, Wing Zero.

~Chairman Kaga

Jess

Banned
    Years
    I have seen this movie like 4 or 5 times. *I forgot which x.x*.. Last time I saw it was Easter.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Teara said:
    That'z why it'z a good idea to have ideaz inztead of belifez. Ideaz can be changed, belifez...if you're willing to die for them then it'z probably not very eazy to change them.

Thankz Cartoon, I actually feel zmart now

Zpeaking of rezurection, Cartoon, you zure die alot, imagine how many timez you've come back to life

That's a reason I'm not so religious, there is really no telling if those beliefs are real ;-; But hey, there must have been someone who must have created all of us. Trees and water didn't just sprout out of the earth and grew! ^^;

BTW, I come back to life everytime I post! ^-^ OMG! I was a walking and moving dead person!!! O_O;;

Jess said:
    I have seen this movie like 4 or 5 times. *I forgot which x.x*.. Last time I saw it was Easter.

You're lucky, I so loved that movie. I only got to see it once, and that was the third day it came on theaters! XD

*dies*

Teara

Years
    Lol, I got that from the movie Dogma :P
    But I have an Idea that there iz zomeone up there watchin all of uz ^_^

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Teara said:
    Lol, I got that from the movie Dogma :P
    But I have an Idea that there iz zomeone up there watchin all of uz ^_^
    Since when did you become so wise, Teara? XD Yeah, one reason I believe in god is cus there must be someone who made all of us. ^^

*dies*

Wing Zero

&#1575;&#1587;&#1578;&#1575;&#1584; &#1593;&#1606;
    Years
    science myfirend science...what came first the chicken or the egg? or how cna we prove there is ONE god if there are soo many denominations...therell be no way to ever find out sadly...but i think science is the birth of man kind and it will sadly lead the end to it also...sadly...

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Wing Zero said:
    science myfirend science...what came first the chicken or the egg? or how cna we prove there is ONE god if there are soo many denominations...therell be no way to ever find out sadly...but i think science is the birth of man kind and it will sadly lead the end to it also...sadly...
    But there's always questions science can't answer. Such as, who created science then? And I don't believe science will destroy us, I believe we'll (us, people, ourselves) be the ones who shall lead ourselves to our ultimate downfall.

*dies*

Teara

Years
    Cartoon said:
    Since when did you become so wise, Teara? XD Yeah, one reason I believe in god is cus there must be someone who made all of us. ^^
    Iziz alwayz been a zmart peopler! :P
    Exactly, and I know I'm gonna regret zaying thiz but oh well, here I go >_<'''

When the thoery of evolution came out many people were offended greatly due to their religiouz belifez. They all dizagree with it inztantly azzuming that God iz a human therefor he came before apez and zo we couldn't have evolved from them. BUT what are the pozibilitiez that God wazn't human, zomeone had to create apez too right? Zure Jesus waz a man but God iz almighty therefore he could have created a human zon without being one himzelf. IF yo think about it both zidez could be right in their own wayz. While I belive we will never know the real truth about it untill perhapz we die, I do think that people tend to go overboard thinking that humanz are the very bezt of all creationz. What if we are juzt one of them? What makez uz zo pozitive that we are zo amazing that Of coureze God muzt be one of our own kind. We all know we wern't the very firzt creaturez on the planet zo why would God be human?

*takez a deep breath*
    Phew! Glad I could finaly zay my ideaz out loud with out geting a detention from a teacher :P'''
    BTW, zorry if I got zome of my factz wrong 0,o But that'z been on my mind for a looooong time.

Wing Zero

&#1575;&#1587;&#1578;&#1575;&#1584; &#1593;&#1606;
    Years
    has anyone read any of david von danikens books? hes an archaeologists, anthropologists he believs that the world to construction by aliens, rather than the work of the human people. His Chariots of the Gods included a theory that humankind arose because aliens came to earth and impregnated hominids.

thats the most prbable scientific explanation of the gods i have ever heard...just think about it...the supernatural appearance, strength...arnt the gods always protrayed as superior to man...and what about beams of light affiliated with the gods...dont aliens use beams of light for a unknow purpose? they link together...but some religious people refuse to belive this beacuse of their belifs..tisk tisk arrogance doesnt help...

*takes DEEP BREATH like Teara* ~_^

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    That's a good point, Teara =D Can I call you "sempai"? XD

Wing_Zero said:
    anthropologists he believs that the world to construction by aliens, rather than the work of the human people
    The why don't our "creators" aka aliens, have arrived, or destroyed all of us? If I were them, I'd destroy the humans cus humans are pretty cracked up these days =P

Wing_Zero said:
    but some religious people refuse to belive this beacuse of their belifs..tisk tisk arrogance doesnt help...
    Don't say that again, if you do, you're the arrogant one for bad-mouthin' people for their beliefs =/

*dies*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back