• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Passion Of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I can't understand why those Jews are so against the movie.. I mean, nobody seems to be making a big deal of it, only those Jews are. They are just almost asking for others to call them "christ-killers". Jesus, what has gone to these peeps?

I agree with 22sa. All Jesus was doing was preaching, and saying he was the son of God, why'd they kill him? Meanies..

And let's take Teara as an example, she's not religious, but the movie touched her, so I don't understand peeps who say its just a movie.. O_o;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2004
    Most Of The people Thought That He Was Lying And That Is A Sin To Say Your God. He Went Through A Lot For Us And People Dont Accept That

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Yeah, that's really frigged up. Some people are grateful *This is NOT to people who are different religions, I just mean Christians* Some people have their own religions, I'm not saying they are ungrateful, I just mean the Christians that do innaproppiate things. =/ I don't like that they just do weird stuff, now every time I am about to sin, I think about the movie and the sacrifice Jesus-dude did for us, and most of the time it works. ^^; It was a really good movie. Beautifully done.

*dies*

Lanceiscool

Not crazy, just unwell...
    Years
    Hey. My 2?: I heard Ebert say that the movie proves that there will never be an NC-17 for violence.

People need to remember there is a non-biblical side to Christ.

Just for a little humor on the subject...

<a href "Http://theonion.com/news/index.php?i=2> Jesus Demands Creative Control Over His Next Mvie </a>

baby*j

Years
    I can't understand why those Jews are so against the movie.. I mean, nobody seems to be making a big deal of it, only those Jews are. They are just almost asking for others to call them "christ-killers". Jesus, what has gone to these peeps?

It's because they are the ones being shown as the monster, bad guys in
    the film. I'm not a Jew but if I were I think I'd be offended. Wouldn't you be?

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I just think those Jews should just get angry at the mean jews, not at Mr. Gibson cus he made the movie. Its just like the movie "Shindler's List" by Steven Spielberg, its about the Holocaust, I never once in the movie thought that Germans were evil, and I never heard germans boycotting it cus it was about their people killing jews, homosexuals, and disabled people.

I just think these boycottin' Jews should not make a big deal of it.. If I were a Jew, I'd be sucking it up and saying, "At least I didn't kill Jesus." O_o; These Jews didn't kill Jesus, maybe their ancestors did, but then why are they making a mountain out of a anthill? o_o;

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    it's not showing jews as ravenous animals...I mean, that's what really happened, maybe they don't want to face reality....

huuuuuuuHHHHHHHHHH!?!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Yeah...centuries ago Christians committed atrocities against the Jews and I wouldn't be offended if they made a film that portrayed those atrocities...it's what happened. But I would be offended if there was a movie done today that portrayed all Christians in a negative way...anyone ever seen the old version of Inherit the Wind? That's one example...the thing is that not every Jew was against Jesus...just the heads of state (who were Roman) and the mobs who listened to the Romans and participated in the crucifixion...those who screamed "Let his blood be on our children!" and that sort...just the mention of anything having to do with Jesus gets people in an uproar these days, and this film is one example. The Jews just don't like anything that portrays Judaism in a negative light, and although The Passion of the Christ doesn't do that, they've faced so much hatred over many millenia that they see this movie as representing all Jews when it most certainly doesn't and react to it with fear. It's a mix of misguided fear and malicious press that's made people consider this movie so incredibly controversial. There's no controversy that I can see...no generalizations are made in the movie, it's just who was there at the time. As has been said before, it's about love, not hate.

Years
    Mel Gibson is the same guy who starred and produced in the 2002 movie, "We Were Soldier." The way he showed the Jews in, "The Passion of the Christ," is probably the same way he showed the North Vietnamese people if not worse.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Again, whatever's shown isn't representative of an entire culture of people. I haven't seen We Were Soldiers, but if the North Vietnamese were portrayed in a gruesome way, it was likely the guerilla soldiers who were fighting the Americans. War isn't pretty...all parties in war are brutal, and the Viet Cong especially so when they fought us...but let's not get into that. Not all North Vietnamese were violent, murderous people, and not many Jews at the time of Jesus were like the ones in the crowds at the crucifixion.

Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Again, whatever's shown isn't representative of an entire culture of people. I haven't seen We Were Soldiers, but if the North Vietnamese were portrayed in a gruesome way, it was likely the guerilla soldiers who were fighting the Americans. War isn't pretty...all parties in war are brutal, and the Viet Cong especially so when they fought us...but let's not get into that. Not all North Vietnamese were violent, murderous people, and not many Jews at the time of Jesus were like the ones in the crowds at the crucifixion.
    Don't you mean defending? But that's not the point, all I'm trying to say is Mel Gibson always makes movies in favour of him.

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
    I've not read all posts but I think that THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST is only a movie:
    1. Watch the movie(or not)
    2. Think about it(or not)
    3. Sleep, and dream 'bout it(or not)(no, this you can't control)

But what I think is that: Don't be a nazi; the actor was 33, the lightning, maintain... blah-blah-blah; and ANY RELIGION IS OVER POK?MON, don't be like someones(that I'll not say the name) that abandon PC and all for God(blergh), Jesus(blergh), Wicca(duh) or another religion like these...

Last edited:

baby*j

Years
    This is kinda off the topic, but who's to say the Jews did actually kill Jesus?
    That's what we think happened but none of us can be really sure since it happened
    a very long time ago ... and I don't think any of us are thousands of years old?

Also, a few critics have been saying that the story portrayed by Mel was off ...

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Duke_R said:
    I think that THE PASSION OF DE CHRIST is only a movie
    I disagree, it was meant to make people remember. And to make them feel bad for being so evil.

Duke_R said:
    ANY RELIGION IS OVER POK?MON, don't be like someones(that I'll not say the name) that abandon PC and all for God(blergh), Jesus(blergh), Wicca(duh) or another religion like these...

If the person left PC cus of their religion, don't diss em, dude. That ain't cool..

baby*j said:
    This is kinda off the topic, but who's to say the Jews did actually kill Jesus?
    That's what we think happened but none of us can be really sure since it happened
    a very long time ago ... and I don't think any of us are thousands of years old?

You got a point there, no one really knows. But like Chairman_Kaga said, not all Jews killed Jesus or anything like that o_o

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Defending? If memory serves me right, the Viet Cong was against the U.S. But I haven't seen the movie, do I don't know about this particular group of North Vietnamese.

But anyway...I think that Mel only took minor artistic licenses with the movie. Only things that don't go against scripture but help get points across. I'm not going to debate about the Jew/Roman/etc thing anymore because I've made my point several times, and I've said all that can be said in this situation.

But I thank you all for keeping this civil, at many other boards this would have spiraled out of control in five posts ^_^

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Chairman Kaga said:
    But I thank you all for keeping this civil, at many other boards this would have spiraled out of control in five posts ^_^

Yep, maybe because this was a pretty sensitive topic. Ya know what I mean, religious topic. People have to be careful not to offend anybody and that stuff =3 Actually, I'm pretty surprised this thread didn't go out of control. o.o; Most of the times some jerk just comes and says something mean *wehad one here* but other than that, nobody has caused problems. =)

Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Defending? If memory serves me right, the Viet Cong was against the U.S. But I haven't seen the movie, do I don't know about this particular group of North Vietnamese.
    First, the Viet Cong were a group of pro-Communist South Vietnamese. Second, it was the US who came to Vietnam not the other way around so therefore it's the Communists who are defending and the Americans who are attacking. The NVA and the Viet Cong along with North Korea and the Soviet Union all fought against the US sometime during the Vietnam War. But this is a thread about a movie not history.

It's very possible that the Jews didn't kill Jesus but it's also very possible that they did too.

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
    CaRtOON said:
    If the person left PC cus of their religion, don't diss em, dude. That ain't cool..
    Excuse me, but this is what I think... I think... I'm atheist and I believe that the one wasn't cool too... Now he/she is back, but I was sad, thinking that the one'd never more like pok?mon, and the world'd lose a Pok?Lover...

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Duke_R said:
    Excuse me, but this is what I think... I think... I'm atheist and I believe that the one wasn't cool too... Now he/she is back, but I was sad, thinking that the one'd never more like pok?mon, and the world'd lose a Pok?Lover...

I don't care about what you think, that person left for his/her beliefs. If they wanna go, let em go. You can't just insult someone for the things they believe in. You wouldn't like it if I said something insulting to the things you believe in. If we lost a member, no biggie, just let that person go. We lose members, and we can't stop it. So please no insulting..

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Oh...I for some reason I thought you meant the North Vietnamese were defending the U.S... @_@

And on another note, I can see an argument on the horizon...let's keep it cool, ok? ^^;;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back