• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Path to Light and Darkness: OOC Thread

Cookiez

The Shining Light
    Years
    Hey Sacred, would it be okay if we made our own battles? like if i was on route 1 and i wanted to level up could i say " this guy walked up and wanted to battle etc." if you diden't have any battles for that route or if you had already beat all the people on the route?

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Eveemaster: Yeah thats my bad I completely forgot, i've been swamped in class work and i'm currently trying to type a ten page essay exam on motor development. However we may have an opening tonight if Doctor Who doesn't post an SU since his 24 hrs are up. So if you'd like to work on a SU and post it i'd be ok with that :).

Cookiez:
    Actually I don't care, You just have to wait for the Route 1 chapter to be posted, because there's going to be two post to it. Typically during the routes I give everyone a free post, which basically means they can do whatever they like on that route, such as catching the pokemon that are designated or battling a random trainer that you create. And the second post will be part of the story.

ultragon

Bone breaker since Gen I
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Sacred you don't want both parts of chapter on together right?

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    No, you did it right by separating the first post, and now that it's graded you can go ahead and work on post 2.

ultragon

Bone breaker since Gen I
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Oh yeah Sacred one more question as far as leveling our pokemon up goes is that up to you or do we decide?

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I'll level your pokemon up when I grade the posts, depending on how well the battle and post was structured and how much strategy you used will determine how much it grows.

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
    Years
    EDIT: Oh, and it's a SHE for me xD

Name: Bella Alehandra Rasputina

Appearance: Bella's a teen of average height, namely 1.70 meters. She's lean and athleticly built with strong arms and legs due to being into track and swimming and also has a great stamina. She's got a head full of dark brown wavy hair that reaches below her shoulders, no fringe and her hair usually parted to the right or pulled back entirely by a headband. Her eyes are a chocolate brown and her skin has a slight tan from being out in the sun more often than not which is only blemished by a nasty discoloured scar across her neck where she was once bitten by the neighbour's Houndour.

Her getup mostly consists of a white pair of shorts with black lace on the bottom and a sky blue tanktop with cream lace on the top. There are several silver and blue bangles on her right hand and a silver watch with fake-blue stones or her left, clockwork kept on the bottom. Her headband is white with a big lacy flower on the left side and she wears little silver hoops in her ears. Contrasting to all the girliness her shoes are worn (used to be) white sneakers with a lime green nike-sign on the sides and she has a one-strap backpack slung across her shoulders with her stuff in it.

Personality: Bella is a bit of a contradiction to herself. She's both athletic and excessively girly and a tad vain. She definitely spends quite some time on her appearance every day and values it. She knows she's pretty and that shows sometimes. She can be incredibly shallow too, having a bit of a natural dislike to those she perceives as ugly. In a way she could be a bit classified as one of the "popular" kids at school, though the school was too small to have much of a in-crowd anyway.

She's also an athlete to the bone, as previously mentioned. She loves to run, loves to feel the adrenaline. It really gives her a feeling of power to feel her feet flying over the ground and her muscles pump almost out of themselves. She's also fairly impatient, which is why she's a sprinter and not a long-distance runner. Another quirk of Bella's is that she's got this idea in her head that she can't show any weakness and so will never admit any of her fears (which include the dark, flying and heights) and always needs to keep an air of bravery on no matter how foolish it would be to do so.

Background: Bella comes from a relatively normal family. Her dad's a plumber named Alexei Rasputin and her mother, Petrova Rasputina, is a housekeeper to some of the better houses in town. And then there's her older brother Jonesy who is 19 years old and off God-knows-where on his own journey and her littlest brother of 5, Nicola.

They all lived in Unova for all their lives, in the same house too. In fact the small and rather ramshackle house belonged to Alexei's father who had passed before Bella could remember. So she'd always lived in the same house in the same town. Petrova also came from Nuvema from a poor family and had moved in with Alexei and his father straight after they married, which was at a very young age. Neither of them had or made a lot of money but they were happy, which was what mattered. (And not that there were leaks in the ceilings that required pans while raining, or that the floorboards creaked like a dying animal [especially at night] or that Petrova swore she'd seen mice on many occasions, although Alexei'd never been able to catch any in the traps)

All in all Bella just had a normal childhood. She had average grades (mostly enough to stay on the track team), had lots of friends, even had a boyfriend at one point. She was normal, loved her family very much, and was simply the next child to move on to a Pokémon journey before finding out what she wanted to do with her life.

Additional Information:
    She speaks in a Russian accent, though I'm terribly at writing in accents so you'll just have to imagine it. Also she's incredibly jumpy.

Starter: Frillish

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Doctor Who: Sorry about giving away Lillipup, I hadn't heard from you but i'm glad your still interested so your accepted! And you can have your choice of Purrlion, or chose another pokemon to take it's spot and run it by me. Other wise accepted! Great SU and RP sample!

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
    Years
    Is it a little too late to reserve Purrloin? xD
    If not, I will have my SU done by tonight or morning

( Let me know if a spot opens up! )

Name: Katrina "Kat" Evergreen

Appearance: She has luscious light brown hair with the slightest bit of curl, giving it a fluffy sort of look. She always has her hair pulled back by the front two strands and tied around her head in a light blue ribbon that trails down her back. The ribbon is the same color as her icy blue eyes that somewhat blend into her slightly tanned skin. Kat has a longer face and wears a prim look most of the time. Thus due to her 'knowledge' that everyone must be proper and sophisticated. More or less.

She is the normal height of 5'7" and weighs 118. She has a petite and athletic built body. That of which gives her strong agility but little strength in both upper and lower body. She will only ever be able to hold her own in a Pokemon battle - in hand to hand combat, should she find herself in one, she would be at a terrible loss. Kat doesn't mind this at all because she would rather not fight 'violently' like that.

Little miss Evergreen has taken a habit to dress in sundresses (even in the fall and winter seasons) of all differently arranged colors. Her favorite that she wears most often is that of Robin Egg Blue with white flower designed pattern towards the bottom that falls just to her knees, and a large yellow ribbon that ties just under her chest and around her ribcage. Underneath she wears solid white leggings that have a blue tie at the bottom of the pant leg, matching the ribbon in her hair.

As for accessories; Kat carries around a dull, sun-kissed yellow messenger bag that holds most things such as Pokeballs to Potions to Makeup. In the colder times she brings along a white knitted cardigan and wears gloves, a hat, and a scarf. Her shoes are ballet flats and she wears not a single scrap of jewelry besides earrings.

Personality:
    Kat isn't the type to hold back in a conversation. When she gets going she will talk for hours about the simplest of things. Most are annoyed by this little antic while she herself finds no fault in it. She believes with all her heart that it doesn't matter whether you talk more than you listen. This gets her in trouble sometimes. You see since she talks often she won't hear a word you or anyone else will say and will forgot things you ask her to do. Such as chores at home. Kat has to be told twice or even thrice to get it into her head.

Since Katrina was brought up in a fancy environment her whole life she has thought everyone had that luxury. Oh, how terribly mistaken she was. You see her parents never prepared the poor girl for the real world so there is much Kat does not know about life. All she knows is that she was brought up rich, and people train with Pokemon. The latter was something she has always wanted to do. You see, both her parents have had their own Pokemon and still to this day have them. However, nowadays they don't go off on adventures and battle like they used to. Kat wants to take over that legacy for herself.

The one thing Katrina isn't mislead or naive about is how to be nice, clam, and collected. Being 'proper', even in situations, is what she is best at. When it goes and gets tough she wont be the one to freak out and instead will keep her cool and find a way to make it through the tough times. Some would say "That is a natural leader instinct!" when really, not for her. Though Kat is calm under pressure she it only a follower. Leading is something she leaves to the rest of the world. Anyway, she is nice to both Pokemon and People alike. Just her nature really.

Background:
    Katrina was born as the only child to Marisa and Caleb Evergreen. Both of which were once Pokemon Trainers in their time, and through that they have become wealth and prosperous. Kat grew up a spoiled girl with everything she has ever wanted; except a sibling. She never wanted to be an only child but thus she was. Her parents never wanted more than one. Their excuse? They can't handle it. In fact, they could barely handle Katrina. She wasn't a problem child but the two just weren't ready for her. So Kat didn't have the best upbringing parent-wise. There is much she doesn't know because they haven't taught or told her.

Around the age of five Katrina was exposed to her first Pokemon. That was a Vulpix. Due to this she grew a great liking to the fire type, and vowed to have, in the future, at least one by her side. This Vulpix belonged to her Mother, but given to Kat as a play friend. Because the Mother had no use for the Pokemon any longer. When Kat was the age of eleven the Vulpix died unexplained one day. She was heartbroken and wouldn't speak to her parents for weeks. After that, though she was still hurting, she went back to the normal ways of life - eating and speaking.

Katrina, being wealthy as she was, was raised to be proper. She doesn't curse, steal, lie, cheat, eat with fingers, and other stuff. It was just the way she was brought up. All of her friends were the same way. This was much of the reason why she believed everyone lived like this, because her friends were just like her.

Katrina has been wanting to be a Trainer all her life and follow in her family's footsteps. She was ecstatic when she was given that chance. However, she was not prepared for it.

Additional Information:
    She isn't dumb, just naive about life. She is school smart but has little knowledge for real life experiences.

Starter Pokemon:
    If anything opens up, please let me know!

RP Sample:
    Taken from Ragnarok Rising (PG-13)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Unfortunately it is, as everyone's SU's have been submitted. However i'll let you know if a spot opens up if you'd like?

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
    Years
    Sure thing ^-^
    I would like that, thank you for your time!

EDIT: Just because I finished my SU so if a spot opens up feel free to contact me if you like it.

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    AceofChance: Since your SU is already done, you're the first on my waiting list to contact if a spot opens. By the way very good SU :)

Back