• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Path to Light and Darkness: OOC Thread

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
    Just informing people that §acred†Beo! has made me the co-owner of this RP. If he has to go away I'll be grading posts among other stuff

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Seasons has forgotten growl and learned double kick!

And yeah you just have the one chapter 4 post to do and your caught up. You did really well and still made all of your post good quality :)

Years
    Name➟
    Riku Cloud Berlitz

Age➟

Gender➟
    Male

Appearance➟
    At first glance, one could tell Riku is not an Isshu native because of his appearance. He had the traits considered typical of an Eastern Sinnoh native with his peachy toned skin and medium length caramel brown hair standing on end to create his fo-hawk. What makes people double take when looking at Riku are his deep golden amber eyes, sharing remarkable likeness with a wolves'. Once upon a time, he could easily appear gaunt due to his underweight and short form. However, the passing years managed to throw lean meat and muscle on his bones and stretch his height. Able to receive adequate nourishment, participate in football and basketball and the awakened puberty all worked in thrusting his new clean-limbed, 145 pound 5'10" form

Riku's keeps his wardrobe true to his rather cold Sinnoh home, primarily out of necessity because of low funds (his plane trip to Unova drained most of his savings). Having at least one outfit to match the weather, Riku is typically seen decked out in a thin black, white sleeve jacket with a white stripe on the collar, cuffs and bottom along with a thin grey hoodie layered right underneath, and a white tee with a black design of a soldier wearing a belt of bullet around his neck alongside a medallion of peace. He wears a pair of khaki colored jeans and a pair of black and white low-top converse. He keeps the wooden cross around his neck, acting as his only accessory-jewelry remains nonexistent.

Personality➟
    Wracked with inner suffering, Riku has a bitter attitude and a quet demeanor with an IQ through the roof. A tormented young man, Riku has always longed for acceptance in the world, constantly floating from book to book in search for more knowledge. Exceptionally smart and quick thinking, he has a tendency to over-analyze things, and has a very aloof attitude towards other people. Sometimes harsh and outright mean, Riku only spares the feelings of his family and elders. Although hyperaware about everything, he's learned to camouflage it with a dense nonchalant attitude towards anyting and everything, resulting in his social skills being null. Some of this was rectified after the academy's basketball coach beguiled him into joining the team, revealing him to be a capable team player in spite of his lone wolf tendencies.

Due to his family heritage, Riku is extremely cocky and has learned to mechanically train his Pokemon to become powerhouses within short periods of time. Among the students in his class, he is always the calm and poised one, who knows his limits and sets his priorities straight. In spite of the more negative traits brought on by his life, he cares deeply for people and Pokemon. He has a strong connection with many key figures in the Pokemon world. Apart from having the former renowned professor of Sinnoh as his father before Rowan took over, Riku's elder sister, Brigitte, is a famous Pokemon Contest coordinator back in Sinnoh. During his childhood, he was raised and trained in Sinnoh under the Pastoria Gymleader, Wake, who is a close friend of his grandfather, the former Gymleader of Pastoria. Riku cares deeply for each of these people and would gladly risk his life for them, despite his usually cold exterior.

Background➟
    Riku was born Pastoria City, and grew up within the folds of his parent's upper-class, snobby society. Despite his parent's rules for general ettiquette and the like, he completely disregarded everything they tried to teach him. His books what were he immersed himself into.

Riku's mother died in a car crash when he was six, and his father was so stricken by her death he attempted suicide. When that failed, his father left his post as Sinnoh's professor and left Riku and his sister Brigitte to the care of their grandfather, Papa Berlitz, as he was known to the citizens of Pastoria. His grandfather, the once highly acclaimed Gymleader of Pastoria, was happy to take care of his grandchildren and enrolled them in the local Pokemon Academy. Riku completely drowned himself in his studies to try and keep his mind off everything, even meeting the Gymleader Wake who agreed to coach him in the ways of Pokemon Training. Being the new kid in school he was picked on, but he always though it was because of his unique eye color, or even his jagged hair. But then again, it could very well have been his reclusive nature, or his habit to go around correcting all the idiot zit faces on their grammar skills. Or perhaps it was the way he walked, slow and easy, as if knowing there was no particular rush to life. He was popular with most of the pretty girls because he'd put the stupid meat heads that hit on the girls down with scathing ability. It didn't hurt he was decent looking and dressed well, consequently he was about as popular with the guys as a cockroach. Unlike his sister, who was popular with everyone.

Once he turned thirteen he left the academy, much like his sister did a year before. Unlike his sister however, he would not go around Sinnoh competing in Pokemon contests, but instead train under his Master, Crasher Wake, and travel Sinnoh with him to continue his training. On his fifteenth birthday, he arrived back home in Pastoria along with Wake. His sister had become a famous coordinator in those two years, her posters all around every city in the region. His grandfather decided it was time he went on a real journey, by himself with no master to help him. He signed him up with an old friend of his, Professor Cynthia Juniper.

Additional Information➟
    N/A

Starter➟
    Pokabu [Pumba♂]
    →Flame Charge
    →Defense Curl
    →Ember
    →Tackle

Years
    Sorry for not posting yet, I've been at a baseball tournament the past couple of days and it won't end until saturday. So I'll try and post before then but most likely I'll get a post done saturday night. Sorry for the inconvinience it might cause you

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    The profile page has been updated for everyone who caught a pokemon in there recent posts.

Also JackBlaze if nobody has offered to do a joint post feel free to move on to the next post and when the next opportunity comes I'm sure you'll be able to find one.

I know alot of people myself included are getting ready for finals, mine are actually all next week. So I ask since I know most of you will be pretty busy just that you try to get at least 1 post done every 3 days or so, this way the RP keeps moving but at a slow pace.

Back