• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    We've never been to Canada before. I have no idea why though, since it only takes about five to eight hours to get there from where we live. If I ever went to that country, then the first thing I would do is visit Niagara. I've seen Niagara Falls on television, but I have never seen it in-person. Also, I've heard that Canada is a lot more safer than most part of the US, since it has an extremely low crime rate. o:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Yeah, every winter I get about three feet of snow. You would think it's fun, until you realize that you have to get up early the next day and drive in it to go to school. Luckily I haven't been in any accidents, but I've had some close calls. I even ran a stop sign because I couldn't stop in time. Luckily the other drivers noticed me having trouble and stopped themselves. For the most part, however, it's actually pretty nice. It's fun to go around having snowball fights, sledding, and building forts. That being said, the movies make it seem like it's heaven.

I've been to Canada before. Considering it was like an hour drive, it didn't feel much different. My dad and I went up there to go skiing on Mt. Red (I believe it was called). It was a lot of fun, but everyone was better than me, even kids probably half my age! Oh well, I still killed that double black diamond. Well, it sort of killed me, but I still made it.

Sirfetch’d

Hi guys! It's Jelli btw with my new account :D

I have always wanted to go to Canada and I just might get that opportunity sometime this year. My family is taking a trip to New York and if we have time, we plan to venture into Canada for a few days. I am really excited about it as it has been one of my dream places to go because of the cold and all of the breathtaking scenery.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • The only traveling my family would probably ever do is go back to Puerto Rico. Which isn't a bad thing per se but idk. I haven't been there in about 7 or 8 years, but when I have been there previously, it wasn't anything spectacular or anything that took me off guard.

...Then again, I can't really remember all that much, it was quite a while ago. I can recall loving it a lot there at the same time. Hm..

This reminds me, that usually every February my family and I would go back to a certain city where my relatives are, because I'm celebrating Chinese New Year there. Being in that city is full of memories too.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I like to go to relative's places to celebrate events as well. It's nice to be out of town, especially when there's not a single person similar to my family in the neighbourhood.

Sirfetch’d

I like to go to relative's places to celebrate events as well. It's nice to be out of town, especially when there's not a single person similar to my family in the neighbourhood.

This is how my family is. We do take a yearly vacation to the beach, but other than that we don't leave the state unless it is for a family get-together. The reason for this is, my mom hates traveling by plane and no one wants to make long drives so we just don't go places I guess.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    We take vacations once every two-three years. We did take a vacation this year, but it wasn't a long one, since there were a lot of work back home that my dad was required to get done. If he wasn't able to get them finished, then unfortunately, his boss would've been quite upset. ): During our vacation, we've visited a country in South Asia known as Bangladesh. They have a lot of villages that are very nice-looking, but their main city is kind of underdeveloped. It's not that bad when you compare it to some places from India though, which is its neighboring country.

Sirfetch’d

We take vacations once every two-three years. We did take a vacation this year, but it wasn't a long one, since there were a lot of work back home that my dad was required to get done. If he wasn't able to get them finished, then unfortunately, his boss would've been quite upset. ): During our vacation, we've visited a country in South Asia known as Bangladesh. They have a lot of villages which are very nice-looking, but their main city is kind of underdeveloped. It's not that bad when you compare it to some places from India though, which is its neighbor country.

Our vacation this year was delayed because my dad was so busy with work as well. It sucks once you start looking forward to the vacation and find out that you can't go because of that reason, but it is certainly understandable.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Doesn't it always suck to see your parents busy with work? I used to have birthday parties at my house when I was younger, and my did had to miss a few of them just because of it. So did my mom. They haven't missed any of my sister's parties, though, because they have a bit more free time now. I mean, they are still busy, but just not as busy as when I was little. My mom doesn't work as much as she used to, and my dad has taken a couple of days off as well. d:

Sirfetch’d

Yeah, I hate seeing that as well. It's especially annoying when your parents are overworked as it is. I'd love for my parents to take a vacation on their own and take a break from all of this work, but unfortunately they can't :[

blue

gucci
    Years
  • My parents have gone on vacation for the week, they're back on Friday but I'm happy for them to take a vacation since they're usually working all year round. However the house is now an absolute mess with it being left in the hands of myself and my sister..

Sirfetch’d

My parents have gone on vacation for the week, they're back on Friday but I'm happy for them to take a vacation since they're usually working all year round. However the house is now an absolute mess with it being left in the hands of myself and my sister..

Are you enjoying having the house basically to yourself or do you wish they were home? XD The reason I ask is, I always want the house to myself and then when I actually get that I hate all of the work that has to be done and immediately want my parents back.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Are you enjoying having the house basically to yourself or do you wish they were home? XD The reason I ask is, I always want the house to myself and then when I actually get that I hate all of the work that has to be done and immediately want my parents back.

Yes I really am, I always enjoy having the house to myself when my parents are away. Not that I don't enjoy it when they're here it's just when they're gone everything is just care free and much more laid back, it's great. ;D

Sirfetch’d

Yes I really am, I always enjoy having the house to myself when my parents are away. Not that I don't enjoy it when they're here it's just when they're gone everything is just care free and much more laid back, it's great. ;D

I get the house to myself today as I have no classes and both parents will be at work, so I plan to enjoy the day by sleeping :D

Years
  • I've had the house for myself for weeks on end now, as my mom leaves for work at 8:15am when my dad gets home at 5:45pm.. though usually on Mondays my brothers comes home from work instead of visiting his girlfriend's house because his girlfriend works late hours at her job on Mondays.

Sirfetch’d

I just found out that I'll have the house to myself the entire weekend as my parents are driving upstate to visit with my grandmother for the weekend. My brothers are going to be a friend's houses so this weekend will be amazing =D

Years
  • I do get the whole house to myself when my mother has art class on Mondays every week, I like being able to do my own stuff for a bit because of how strict and annoying she is.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, it's great having the house to yourself.. but when it's 24/7 for a whole week it starts to get kinda boring. I've enjoyed this week a lot but it's starting to feel strange with them gone for so long! ;;

Sirfetch’d

Yeah, a week is a really long time to be away from your parents. I know that I would definitely miss mine after that long even though I say all of the time that I wish they would go away for a week or two XD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It will be even more strange because two days after they come back I go on vacation for a week myself, it will be like not seeing them for two whole weeks. D;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back