• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PETA's New Campaign To Rename Fish "Sea Kittens"

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
  • Honestly, who in their right mind, would support PETA? It's the biggest FAIL environmentalist group since Green Peace. >_> I mean all these do is force their beliefs on others in the most horrifying ways. I mean when you have to flat out lie to prove a point then...

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • Heck, to me, this makes them that little bit more edible. If I know PETA are weeping because I am doing the natural thing and eatting an animal below me on the food chain, I would be ok.
    I mean, it's not like fish are the rarest animals. The breed pretty largely, and appropriate restrictions are in place to stop them going belly-up (that was bad :|)

So, is anyone working on photoshoping a cat attached to a fishing hook yet? =P

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    indeed, it's sadly true, but PETA cannot be taken seriously at all, I wish there was an organization that truly pays attention to actual environmental crimes, instead of attacking a natural process which is eating, they should turn their attention to: fur coat production, baby seal beating, traffic, etc.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    I myself am a vegetarian and I feel like PETA makes a complete mockery of people who choose to live life this way. They are a complete joke and I can safely say they are ridiculous. I also found it hilarious that this forum, along with SPPf, have over ten times the amount of members that the PETA forums have. Now, I know it doesn't mean anything, but it just shows what people would rather follow ;P

Ice_Emperor

Emperor of all that is.
    Years
  • This is idoitic. The Emperor does NOT approve. -_-
    I really don't like fish, but still, this is just kind of pathetic.
    In the animal kingdom animals eat other animals.
    So now we should all chastize Wolves and Tigers for eating Deer?

Years
  • Okay, I really don't get people who force people to become vegetarians because of animal rights. How about this? Should we also stop walking for fear we'll step on bugs? Should we stop breathing because it kills germs? How about we stop eating plants because they give us oxygen? Get this through your head, PETA, it's completely impossible to live your entire life without killing anything! Moral purity is impossible! If we were all morally pure, we wouldn't be humans, we'd be super-beings with no ability to tell stories because all stories involve conflict! Seriously...

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
    Years
  • What a coincidence, I just had some sea kittens for dinner.

Seriously, though, I think those nutcases have stooped to a new low. You'd think that a simple high school course in biology would convince them that animals aren't people. There's just no reasoning for that kind of viewpoint. Besides, comparing the anatomy and intelligence of fish to cats is just idiotic. And, though I'm really not a cat person, it's a major insult to kittens.

Come on, fish are the Magikarp of the animal kingdom: They're as dumb as dirt and they aren't as well evolved as we are.

They're as dumb as dirt, eh? Sea Kittens can do many things that involve using there brains, including having a long term memory. :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2009
    I myself am a vegetarian and I feel like PETA makes a complete mockery of people who choose to live life this way. They are a complete joke and I can safely say they are ridiculous. I also found it hilarious that this forum, along with SPPf, have over ten times the amount of members that the PETA forums have. Now, I know it doesn't mean anything, but it just shows what people would rather follow ;P

Thank you for sharing your intelligent views. I am a born carnivore but I really really admire those who follow a vegetarian lifestyle.

PETA are ridiculous. Did anyone see their "Mama Kills Animals" attack on the Cooking Mama series? Aimed at kids, I swear it's little more than scare-mongering. If cows, pigs and sheep weren't bred for eating, do you think they'd survive in the wild, or would other predators like wolves or bears pick them off? Would they be used for transport or working, or can they be ridden for leisure like horses? No, probably not. Let's be honest.

I just don't get why they don't focus on saving tigers, or sea turtles, of which there are only ten of thousands left. Surely that's more important than trying to shoehorn impressionable kids into a certain lifestyle.

Back