• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow909

I'm the dragon master
    Years
    ok guys can you rate my recolor
    this isnt one of those
    2,4 minute recololers

Pixel Art Lounge

yes

can you guys and gurls also rate my revmap

(dont rate this one!!-->)
    Pixel Art Lounge
    this guy to this guy
    Pixel Art Lounge
    (<---dont rate this one)
    (rate this one!!!)-->
    Pixel Art Lounge

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    shadow909 said:
    this isnt one of those
    2,4 minute recololers

Pixel Art Lounge

yes

(dont rate this one!!-->)
    Pixel Art Lounge
    this guy to this guy
    Pixel Art Lounge
    (<---dont rate this one)
    (rate this one!!!)-->
    Pixel Art Lounge
    It looks like a 2-4 minute recolour to me, really no point rating such a simple task.

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
    shadow909 said:
    this isnt one of those
    2,4 minute recololers

Pixel Art Lounge

yes
    vaati said:
    It looks like a 2-4 minute recolour to me, really no point rating such a simple task.
    *I'm sorry if this seems to be having a go at you, I really don't mean to be rude*
    Vaati, how come you are very feirce with your criticism. I mean Come on, New spriters are probably scared to show things that they took forever to do (and they may be the most beautiful things on earth) because of the *harsh* (not the best word to use) criticism you (uncommonly) use.

Vaati seems to be correct that it's a recolour. It looks as though it took you 11mins 20 sec to do at least. The shading is good, three shades is always enough for sprites of that size.
    There are a few problems though, the outlining needs to be slightly edited to make it look even better. Try using a slightly less darker colour for the outlines where the light hits the sprite.

Other than those it looks very nice, I give it a 7.8/10.

If you had changed the outlines a bit I would have given it a higher mark.

Last edited:

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    hey can i jst say if you would like a request done privatly pm me ill be happy to make scratches of a good description :)

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    Who do you guys think is the best fusions spriters? Like the new ones, not ho-roudon or anyone , but peopel who haven't been here for a long time.
    Like a list of 5... not really sure how many new spriters hve been here but i know i am one

shadow909

I'm the dragon master
    Years
    yes im done wiht a little of my walking sheet for my trainer, im still working on it thoe

Pixel Art Lounge

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Is anyone here good at making FakeMon backpics? If so, could I have some help with the following; They need backpics:

Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge
    (Tail is suppose to be like a fin)

Pixel Art Lounge

Pixel Art Lounge
    (doesn't have a tail)

Please help (and/or rate my sprites)

Budgie_boy

Years
    shadow909 said:
    well guys dont go harsh on me this is my first custom

Pixel Art Lounge
    That's quite nice I like it!

But some on the outlines specially on the "eyes" need a wee bit redoing, as I said before for your recolour, use light shades of the colours that you are using for the parts where the light touches the sprite and darker shade for the shadowed outlines. Also try to stay clear from the default paint colours and black.

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    Budgie_boy said:
    *I'm sorry if this seems to be having a go at you, I really don't mean to be rude*
    Vaati, how come you are very feirce with your criticism. I mean Come on, New spriters are probably scared to show things that they took forever to do (and they may be the most beautiful things on earth) because of the *harsh* (not the best word to use) criticism you (uncommonly) use.
    Not meaning to backtrack, but the reason Vaati is feirce with his criticism is that he sees no originality in the sprite (or in many others on the board XD)

Maybe if it were a bit more... striking then he would of got a review (it seems so hard to please Vaati these days XD)

@Maxxi: you already seem to have a few threads open, if people wish to request sprites from you, then turn of your threads in to a request shop, no need to request for someone to request (made sence in my head O_o)

well i think im done in here for now.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    here is my newest sprite a moogle MOG
    Pixel Art Lounge

comment KUPO

Budgie_boy

Years
    Yami_Zidane said:
    Not meaning to backtrack, but the reason Vaati is feirce with his criticism is that he sees no originality in the sprite (or in many others on the board XD)

Maybe if it were a bit more... striking then he would of got a review (it seems so hard to please Vaati these days XD)
    Yeah, good point... anyway best off not to backtrack as more reviews need to be done...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back