• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PKMN USUM Poster

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Might I bring up how wonderful this poster looks? Most of the promotional material has been happy and fun, but this looks serious and intense, like some movie poster. Has me much more excited about US/UM than before. Well done, Game Freak.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Special message for Alexander18, other readers may ignore this and read the information that is actually relevant to the topic.

Since you decided to send me a personal message about how I am being rude and disrespectful but don't allow anyone to do the same to you because you have locked personal messages from your profile (hmm, I wonder why?) let me go ahead and lay down a definition for you. What is the definition of Troll?

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

In every single topic you have posted in you have done nothing but post how much you dislike everybody's opinion of various features being discussed and go even further to just say that everybody's opinion on those features is wrong and then when a person tries to logically explain their point of view on the subject matter, you then post another response to the person being wrong, because of the majority of the posters on this site enjoy debating with one another in a fashion that is generally polite and pretty well thought out they keep trying to explain their point of view hoping that you will either understand or at the very least say agree to disagree and drop the argument.
    However, what you are doing is constantly replying to these people with messages that might as well say "Nope!" and in the process of doing so, you are quoting them which is drawing peoples attention to your message for the purpose of responding and generating a pointless argument that completely derails the thread into an emotional yelling fest. You are trolling these people.

I went as far as to stop quoting you originally because I was not interested in continuing a pointless argument with you, and I was encouraging others to do the same because constantly responding to your messages just creates a circular argument that goes nowhere.

I love this board because it is one of my main news feeds for pokemon and it has a lot of smart and interesting users who have genuinely interesting and thought provoking opinions to explain. You have provided none of that while simultaneously creating an incredibly large amount of discord and annoyance to myself as well as many other users.

This will be the last time I send a message directed at you for the purpose of arguing against your incredibly rude and obnoxious posts, because as I mentioned previously I am not interested in feeding the troll. I highly encourage that you do not send me any more quoted posts or personal messages or other wise I will have to report you for harassment.

First of, i did not say i dislike other people's people nor did i say they was wrong. I am not the one trolling here.

You are the rude one and you are the one being obnoxious. You are the one trolling people like me. Do not threaten me on the forums.

If you continue to call me a troll and tell others to ignore then i shall have to report you for bullying, harassment and trolling on the forums. Learn to be kind for once.

Anyway, back on topic - the poster is not hyping me up yet. Hope more news will come.

Years
  • I'm seeing Colress mentioned here and that's... an interesting theory. It was cool seeing him in the original Sun/Moon games but I was expecting him to do something, and he never did. USUM could be perfect opportunity. It'd definitely be interesting to see him working together with Faba.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Now back on topic, I wonder if Colress would be interested in the prospect of human/UB fusion? We already know Nihilego can fuse with humans; I'd like to see if it could fuse with anything else, and that's again something an evil team would likely be interested in knowing.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Not sure what to think of it. I had a pretty strong feeling that Lillie would eventually become a trainer, so that's kind of expected, but also cool to see. I'm actually curious to find out about what she was doing in Kanto, so hopefully this game will shed some more light on that.

Interesting thing though... Lillie, Gladion, and Hau all look approximately the same age as they were in the first games... Does that imply that maybe only 2-3 years have passed since Su/Mo? Maybe USM is just a sequel of Su/Mo with only a few years having passed.

Literally every single official advertisement has stated this is an alternate universe...... I have no idea why people still think it's a sequel. The very first announcement CLEARLY stated USUM is an alternate story... "alternate" not "sequel" or "future" or "another." Along with the fact that now we have trailers with scenes that are CP'd from SM.... it's most definitely an alternate story, where is the sequel stuff coming from?

Anyway I believe we have another thread for that so moving on. At the top of the poster it looks like Aether gets a remake and maybe some new characters -- it would make sense, they have traditionally added new villains to the main villain team when they "remake" a story, but that's not 100% confirmed or expected. I don't see us getting completely new villains, just maybe a new Fabio-type charcter for no reason if anything haha.

It feels like Aether to me, they just darkened them to make it seem more mysterious -- they are, after all, the villains in the shadows.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    OOOoooooohhh! More news!

It's kinda sad when a poster gives more hype then anything else to be honest, but I'm patient and I want to learn more.

So the first thing I see is Lillie being a Pokemon Trainer holding the Pokeball so I guess she's a trainer now? If so, glad they're sticking to that considering having her be her regular old self would totally be a waste of my time( as much as I liked her development). I feel that we are either getting transported to a different dimension or we get to travel between the Ultra and Regular Sun and Moon Universe. I honestly see the latter being the more believable route though considering some parts of the Japanese trailers showed Kartana in a completely different area. It could be some hidden place in Alola, but I dunno.

I need to point out that we are possibly either getting a new form of Aether grunts (like the change with Team Plasma) or we are getting a new Evil Team entirely. At this point I feel anything is possible, but I honestly feel it being the former. To me, they look like a homage to Team Galactic, but still have the Alola look. Plus, from the shadows it looks like they are wearing white to me, so it makes the most sense they could be another branch of Aether or something (maybe they broke off).

I also need to express my enthusiasm at the fact that Gamefreak hopefully realized their mistake and finally decided that their "third" mascot should get the spotlight again after the whole Zygarde fiasco. From what it seems, it appears that we are FINALLY getting another "third" with a significant role again. And while it hasn't been long since B2W2, I think that honestly ANYTHING Necrozma does in USUM will have more significance than Zygarde ever will have (which is good, but sad at the same time).

Lastly, I need to address that I never understood why people thought we were getting sequels? It was pretty clear to me that in the VERY BEGINNING we would be getting third versions, but eh, whatever. (Seriously, why would they not use to terminology of "sequels" for a game like this if they WERE going to be sequels? Even Black 2 and White 2 were noted as sequels from the VERY BEGINNING. I don't see how that could've changed here when Masuda literally told us this).

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Literally every single official advertisement has stated this is an alternate universe...... I have no idea why people still think it's a sequel. The very first announcement CLEARLY stated USUM is an alternate story... "alternate" not "sequel" or "future" or "another." Along with the fact that now we have trailers with scenes that are CP'd from SM.... it's most definitely an alternate story, where is the sequel stuff coming from?

Anyway I believe we have another thread for that so moving on. At the top of the poster it looks like Aether gets a remake and maybe some new characters -- it would make sense, they have traditionally added new villains to the main villain team when they "remake" a story, but that's not 100% confirmed or expected. I don't see us getting completely new villains, just maybe a new Fabio-type charcter for no reason if anything haha.

It feels like Aether to me, they just darkened them to make it seem more mysterious -- they are, after all, the villains in the shadows.

Sorry, I'll admit it, that's just me not paying attention. :P

So now that I have the idea in mind that this is a third game and not a sequel, and on top of that, the game will be an alternate universe... I wonder how different the story is going to be from Su/Mo? If the game is a retelling of the same story but in an alternate universe, they can change anything they want in the story and just excuse it by saying it's an alternate dimension.
    They could tell an alternate story where Lusamine was never corrupted and isn't a psychopath. They could make Lillie a determined and powerful Rival trainer. Gladion could be less edgy... well I hope that doesn't change because edgy Gladion is best Gladion.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Lillie probably has her Snowy/Shiro (Alolan Vulpix) in the game. We did see that there was a cut-scene involving a alolan vulpix in the last *Trailer, maybe that's the scene where she gets it.

PKMN USUM Poster

Alolan Vulpix has become her signature pokemon in the Anime so it would be a safe bet she get's it in USUM.

Actually I am thinking if they are doing experiments on the Alolan form Pokemon, if you'll see closer, there are Alolan forms of other Pokemon (Which I cannot remember) in the cages behind Alolan Vulpix.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • If Lillie were indeed to get an Alolan Vulpix from the Aether Foundation, does that confirms that Lusamine not having the villain role anymore? You know, those employees were sure to know that Lillie's her daughter, and they were trying to catch her from the beginning. Although anime plot seldom affects the gaming franchise, but Ash's Greninja has break the mold (not sure if there's any other cases though), and Alolan Vulpix just fits Lillie so well. If Lillie were to interact directly with the Aether Foundation during early-mid playthrough, I think it's a safe bet that Lusamine won't be the psychotic villain in USUM?

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I kinda feel like this game is going to be a bit darker and/or serious than Sun and Moon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Actually I am thinking if they are doing experiments on the Alolan form Pokemon, if you'll see closer, there are Alolan forms of other Pokemon (Which I cannot remember) in the cages behind Alolan Vulpix.

I don't see anything in the screenshot, do you mean another scene or am I missing something?

Years
  • I'm getting some Shadow Triad vibes from those people in the background. Doubt they're related, though.

Lillie is still in her original outfit in Melemele Meadow, so I doubt she'll be changing too much if at all. If she becomes a trainer it wont be until towards the climax of the game's story, which is what this poster seems to be depicting (starters are fully evolved, Solgaleo/Lunala are present, generally serious atmosphere).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • This poster has dialed up my hype level to over 9000.

That said, I am a little confused. This poster is reminiscent of the poster we got for the Delta Episode in ORAS, which was post-game. Another thing to point out is that Lillie is wearing the outfit and hairstyle she took on once Lusamine entered Ultra Space. With all of this said, you would think that the plot that's being insinuated here is going to be post-game. But, Necrozma is obviously central to the story, they're advertising it as so.

But then I got to thinking... what if the so-called "copy paste" scenes and screenshots that we've seen are put out there intentionally as a red herring? If you look on the official website in the Alola region section, it talks about SM's plot in past tense:

https://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/ultra/en-us/alola-region.html

We've only seen Lusamine once so far, and that was in the scene with an Ultra portal opening up. But even more interesting is that we have not seen anything related to Team Skull. Also, there's no more rain in Po Town, and it's widely speculated that mansion used to belong to Lusamine's family. Team Skull were crucial to the story in that Lusamine hired them as mercenaries.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I'm getting some Shadow Triad vibes from those people in the background. Doubt they're related, though.

Lillie is still in her original outfit in Melemele Meadow, so I doubt she'll be changing too much if at all. If she becomes a trainer it wont be until towards the climax of the game's story, which is what this poster seems to be depicting (starters are fully evolved, Solgaleo/Lunala are present, generally serious atmosphere).

I feel like that screen shot you posted proves more so that this game will be almost an exact retelling of the original story of Su/Mo... I'm feeling a bit more skeptical of this game. To be honest, I haven't set up a pre-order of USM because I'm not really sure that I want to play a copy Su/Mo all over again.
    I was kind of hoping that the poster was giving us some foresight into how this game is going to begin in the story (which based on the poster looks pretty epic), but if the poster is just a spoiler into the later game, I'm just not so sure if I can replay the Su/Mo story all over again with only a few small features added in.
    I know that retelling the same story is the normal trope of a third version, but I'm really hoping that USM will have some significant changes to the plot, at the very least i was hoping they would tie up some of the loose ends left at the end of Su/Mo.

Back