• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PKMN USUM Poster

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Towards the end for sure, but in my opinion, the tone throughout the game was pretty positive. Of course, Team Skull isnt exactly positive, but they are goofy enough to not be considered dark. Lusamine was downright creepy with her weird grin and especially at the climax of the story.
    Yeah, I was thinking about what Mudkip said here-
    don't forget the pokedex entries :p

I wonder how those of the added mons will be like...
    Like Mienfoo eats *blank* or its fur is torn apart and reconstructed during evolution (trying to imagine what they'll do for it)

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    This poster has dialed up my hype level to over 9000.

That said, I am a little confused. This poster is reminiscent of the poster we got for the Delta Episode in ORAS, which was post-game. Another thing to point out is that Lillie is wearing the outfit and hairstyle she took on once Lusamine entered Ultra Space. With all of this said, you would think that the plot that's being insinuated here is going to be post-game. But, Necrozma is obviously central to the story, they're advertising it as so.

But then I got to thinking... what if the so-called "copy paste" scenes and screenshots that we've seen are put out there intentionally as a red herring? If you look on the official website in the Alola region section, it talks about SM's plot in past tense:

https://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/ultra/en-us/alola-region.html

We've only seen Lusamine once so far, and that was in the scene with an Ultra portal opening up. But even more interesting is that we have not seen anything related to Team Skull. Also, there's no more rain in Po Town, and it's widely speculated that mansion used to belong to Lusamine's family. Team Skull were crucial to the story in that Lusamine hired them as mercenaries.

I'm really curious as to what is going on with Skull. I think the term alternate story is going to be pushed quite a bit here and we'll see big changes that make the game inbetween a sequel and third version.

Years
  • This poster has dialed up my hype level to over 9000.

That said, I am a little confused. This poster is reminiscent of the poster we got for the Delta Episode in ORAS, which was post-game. Another thing to point out is that Lillie is wearing the outfit and hairstyle she took on once Lusamine entered Ultra Space. With all of this said, you would think that the plot that's being insinuated here is going to be post-game. But, Necrozma is obviously central to the story, they're advertising it as so.

But then I got to thinking... what if the so-called "copy paste" scenes and screenshots that we've seen are put out there intentionally as a red herring? If you look on the official website in the Alola region section, it talks about SM's plot in past tense:

https://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/ultra/en-us/alola-region.html

We've only seen Lusamine once so far, and that was in the scene with an Ultra portal opening up. But even more interesting is that we have not seen anything related to Team Skull. Also, there's no more rain in Po Town, and it's widely speculated that mansion used to belong to Lusamine's family. Team Skull were crucial to the story in that Lusamine hired them as mercenaries.

Well, Lillie is wearing her old outfit in screen-shot in which she's telling Nebby to get in the bag (this was shown in the recent Direct Trailer), so that Lusamine scene wasn't the only returning scene.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    PKMN USUM Poster

Even clearer pic of the new villain.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I wonder what role Team skull will play on these games. We know they are there... why else would po town still have that big wall?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I dont think those new potential bad guys are robots because they have hair and one of them appears to be a young girl. The masculine looking one on the right's body is also shaped looks very human with form-fitting clothing. I dont think a robot would have the exact proportions of a human body. I dont think that sort of technology would appear in a Pokemon game.

Years
  • I wonder what role Team skull will play on these games. We know they are there... why else would po town still have that big wall?

I think that wall actually predates Team Skull (at least the Guzma edition. Team Skull is said to have been formed from the remains of an older organization (wonder if that has any relation to the people on top of the poster)).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • PKMN USUM Poster

Even clearer pic of the new villain.

Cool, that's a really good picture. They don't appear to be returning characters, the hair colors and styles aren't ringing a bell.

I think that wall actually predates Team Skull (at least the Guzma edition. Team Skull is said to have been formed from the remains of an older organization (wonder if that has any relation to the people on top of the poster)).

I agree; Po Town almost resembles a gated community where rich people lived, and it's been widely speculated that the mansion used to belong to Lusamine's family. If you notice also, there's no longer rain falling in Po Town in the new Alola map.

It is really odd we haven't seen anything yet of Team Skull. We still have this month left, but IIRC we had gotten villainous team news of some sort by this time in regards to the 3rd versions/sequels/remakes. I've been thinking of something... what if Lusamine isn't the antagonist this time, and those 4 people in the poster are Aether scientists doing nefarious works behind Lusamine's back? Lusamine not being the antagonist would explain Team Skull's apparent absence in Po Town, since she hired them as mercenaries and likely offered Po Town as their base. Mina being an added Trial Captain opens up the possibility of Guzma being a Bug-type Trial Captain and maybe Team Skull as a whole being part of a designated Trial.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    ooo loving the hair for the two on the left, right one is eh, far back one can't see :p

Years
  • Cool, that's a really good picture. They don't appear to be returning characters, the hair colors and styles aren't ringing a bell.

I agree; Po Town almost resembles a gated community where rich people lived, and it's been widely speculated that the mansion used to belong to Lusamine's family. If you notice also, there's no longer rain falling in Po Town in the new Alola map.

It is really odd we haven't seen anything yet of Team Skull. We still have this month left, but IIRC we had gotten villainous team news of some sort by this time in regards to the 3rd versions/sequels/remakes. I've been thinking of something... what if Lusamine isn't the antagonist this time, and those 4 people in the poster are Aether scientists doing nefarious works behind Lusamine's back? Lusamine not being the antagonist would explain Team Skull's apparent absence in Po Town, since she hired them as mercenaries and likely offered Po Town as their base. Mina being an added Trial Captain opens up the possibility of Guzma being a Bug-type Trial Captain and maybe Team Skull as a whole being part of a designated Trial.

That would certainly change things up.

Wonder what role Mohn himself would play in all of this as his disappearance was the main trigger of Lusamine becoming obsessed with Ultra Space.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • The "new" villains look like Aether copies of the Flare admins. I used to think that they were just redesigned grunts, but they each appear to have unique hair, so idk. But I'm gonna be surprised if they're even named, and I expect each to have a totally unnecessary role where we battle each once.

Back