• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Places you can't wait to revisit.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    The routes. Hoenn is my favourite generation for how it was laid out and mapped. GameFreak have never made a game with such a perfection region since (even despite the water which people complain about nonsensically hehe). Route 119 is one of my favourite routes and areas in any game. To me, it was the most well crafted route in GameFreak's history. I'm excited to meet May/Brendan just before that bridge, then cross it right next to the waterfall.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing how they make Ever Grande City look. It's such an aesthetically pleasing area in Hoenn, and I always thought it really set the theme so well after all the chaos that went down with Kyogre and/or Groudon. Seeing that area in 3D, I can't wait. Not only for the visuals, but to remember that feeling of success or achievement before you go through Victory Road, onto the league.

There's a lot of areas of interest I want to see too, like Meteor Falls. Which is such an amazing looking place in R/S/E, I'm really excited to see what they do with it in 3D. If X&Y is any inclination as to how well a cave can look; it's going to be incredible. Same thing goes for the underwater routes. I am hoping that we find a Manaphy in Hoenn, so if that's the case, I'm really excited to see how they would stage that event if it was under the sea. So I hope they expand the underwater routes a bit, and litter them with some more points of interest rather than just shards (which are pretty boring).

Hoenn was a region that brought so much diversity in its towns and cities. Look at Fortree, Lavaridge, Sootopolis, Lilycove, and Pacifidlog. In those areas alone, there is so much diversity. I can't wait to see each of those in 3D. Especially looking at Fortree in the Anime.

This post makes me truly recognise just how well-designed Hoenn is, IMO. All other regions just start to pale in comparison and become very bland very quickly. But not Hoenn. IMO it is without a shadow of a doubt just so memorable and so unique, and every location just feels like it belongs there. It's got history and personality without having to identify itself with a real-world country (yes I know it's based off of Kyushu but still), and that's already so much more than what I can say for Kalos and Unova.

I seriously can't wait to play this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Aqua and Magma hideouts,Sootopolis City,and Fortree city and it's surrounding areas should be amazing in 3D,but I'm excited for the whole region to be honest.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I can't believe I forgot the Cable Car.
    But now I can't stop thinking about the Cable Car.
    It's such a small thing but I can't stop thinking about how cool it would be to watch Mt. Chimney below as you ascend!
    I already thought that was cool in the originals, but that has a lot of potential to be an amazing eyecatch with the 3D engine. The cascading soot around you as you ascend into the mouth of the volcano... that could look stunning from a POV behind the character as they are rising into the volcano. aaa excited already

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I already thought that was cool in the originals, but that has a lot of potential to be an amazing eyecatch with the 3D engine. The cascading soot around you as you ascend into the mouth of the volcano... that could look stunning from a POV behind the character as they are rising into the volcano. aaa excited already

Then there's the going down scene too :)

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
    I want to shuffle through tall grass and pouring rain on Route 120 whilst searching intently for an Absol to add to my team.

I want to walk across bridges from treehouse to treehouse in Fortree. With more detail on the trees/forest surrounding it.

And, most of all, I want to hike through the ashfall on Route 113, and maybe go Skarmory hunting.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Definitely the Abandoned Ship... I can't until listen to the new music arrengements they did to this beautiful art piece...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I can see Lavaridge being on right side when going down while towards the left we'll see the desert <3
    PERFECT. <3
    And, most of all, I want to hike through the ashfall on Route 113, and maybe go Skarmory hunting.
    Admit it, sifting through the ashes for the glass blower and trying to find that perfect metal bird was the best part of that area of Hoenn. :3

Years
    FORTREE CITY YO

Seriously, walking back and forth across those bridges in the trees was just so addicting ♥

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
    PERFECT. <3

Admit it, sifting through the ashes for the glass blower and trying to find that perfect metal bird was the best part of that area of Hoenn. :3

Oh God, don't remind me...

Saving up enough ash to get that glass table. I don't remember if I ever managed to get enough for any more than the chair.

And I really liked the music on that route, too, one of the main reasons I loved it so much. So enjoying a remixed variant of it is something I'm looking forward to.

Years
    Definitely the Abandoned Ship... I can't until listen to the new music arrengements they did to this beautiful art piece...

Me too. While it was kind of creepy I enjoyed searching every room and hall to see what I'll find. I hope they add new spots to it. It's unfortunate that no other place like it has ever appeared since (or before).

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

In Kalos we had Lumoise City, and Castelia was Unova's hot spot. This makes me wonder, how will such a city be incorporated in these remakes, if at all? I really like these huge cities, as I feel it just gives Pokemon that little push towards reality that wasn't present in games before. The problem for OR/AS is that when the region was originally designed, a massive 3d city wasn't in mind. I think there are 3 ways they could handle this issue.

1. Ignore it completely. If they don't decide to develop a large central hub like city, we can't really complain, as these are remakes, and that kind of city was not present in RSE.

2. Create a new city. This could be an easier way to solve this problem, however it would still require some thinking. Game Freak would have to locate an area in which it could be built, and then design it carefully to fit in with the rest of the region.

3. Develop and alter an existing city. I personally think that this option is most likely to occur, whether it is the best option is debatable. I think the best candidates would be Slateport or Lilycove city, just because they are already the two biggest cities in the region.

Anyway, I really hope they incorporate a large city as I'd love to visit it!

Years
    In Kalos we had Lumoise City, and Castelia was Unova's hot spot. This makes me wonder, how will such a city be incorporated in these remakes, if at all? I really like these huge cities, as I feel it just gives Pokemon that little push towards reality that wasn't present in games before. The problem for OR/AS is that when the region was originally designed, a massive 3d city wasn't in mind. I think there are 3 ways they could handle this issue.

1. Ignore it completely. If they don't decide to develop a large central hub like city, we can't really complain, as these are remakes, and that kind of city was not present in RSE.

2. Create a new city. This could be an easier way to solve this problem, however it would still require some thinking. Game Freak would have to locate an area in which it could be built, and then design it carefully to fit in with the rest of the region.

3. Develop and alter an existing city. I personally think that this option is most likely to occur, whether it is the best option is debatable. I think the best candidates would be Slateport or Lilycove city, just because they are already the two biggest cities in the region.

Anyway, I really hope they incorporate a large city as I'd love to visit it!

Well Rustboro is based on Kyushu's biggest city. They could simply make that bigger. It was already pretty big in comparison to other towns in RSE to begin with.

Back