• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Places you can't wait to revisit.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    One of the places i visited the most was meteor falls, and you know what you find in the deepest part, bagon, the only place where you get that dragon pokemon.

I recalled spending such a long time in that place all to locate that deepest part. Got lost several times before I finally found one. Got myself a female Bagon, which I breed with a Seadra to get a Hydro Pump knowing Bagon (now a Salamence in the Johto remake games).

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I recalled spending such a long time in that place all to locate that deepest part. Got lost several times before I finally found one. Got myself a female Bagon, which I breed with a Seadra to get a Hydro Pump knowing Bagon (now a Salamence in the Johto remake games).

Nice :)

Yeah, one of the best reasons to get bagon, as a salamence has good sp atk stat and also being able to learn hydro pump. That place also has one of the best background music that it's only shared with the cave of origin. That place was a small labyrinth when trying to reach the place you wanted to go.

Last edited:
    Years
    For some reason I cant wait to ride that ski-lift type thing up to Mt Chimney (if they decide to keep it in the game). Of course like everyone else im excited for Fortree city and various cities across Hoenn!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    The trick master house (if it returns) and the cycling ramp thing, love the guy who tells you how fast you were.

I want to visit friend's secret bases if they return, I kind of just want to revisit all of Hoenn but the guy who tells you how fast you were and how many collisions you made I can't wait for the most.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Oh I also would like to see the abandoned ship again. and all the dive and water routes with the maze like routes :)
    and the ashy fields .

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Fortree city, Verdanturf, Lavaridge, I would like to see the pokemon contest again! (Even if it's not exactly a place)

Years
    Fortree city, Verdanturf, Lavaridge, I would like to see the pokemon contest again! (Even if it's not exactly a place)

Wonder if the contest hall will be in Lilicove only or be scattered. I liked the scattered aspect of it, yet it was also a hassle to fly around everywhere while on is on a contest roll.

Years
    Fortree is one place I'd quite like to see, as well as sootopolis, away from hoenn id love to see what the view from the top of mount coronet would be like with the game engine we have now

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Wonder if the contest hall will be in Lilicove only or be scattered. I liked the scattered aspect of it, yet it was also a hassle to fly around everywhere while on is on a contest roll.

I do like the scattered aspect too, when you play the game you had to wait before you can continue (I did a lot of contest when I first play the game).

Years
    I've always been in love with the routes leading up to Fortree, as well as the town itself. When remastered in 3D, I'm sure it will look absolutely stunning. There are tons of other areas I can't wait to see in the remakes but that tops the list!

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    -Slateport City
    -Route 113
    -Meteor Falls
    -Route 111 Desert
    -Abandoned Ship
    -Mossdeep City
    -Shoal Cave
    -Battle Frontier
    -Cycling Road
    -Trick House

Adore

Party.
    Years
    Sootopolis, the underwater areas, Fortree City, New Mauville, Mt. Pyre and Lillycove City are going to look amazing in Gen 6 graphics. And the rest of the region for that matter. Hoenn is a really imaginative region in comparison to some of the others, and Gen 3 graphics don't do them justice in my opinion. So it'll be exciting to re-explore the whole region.

Also the secret bases and the Battle Frontier if they include them (which I really hope they do).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I want to revisit the Berry Master's house. Wonder if they'll introduce new way to make mulch.

The Berry Master's wife gives you five of the most important berries in the games if you give out the right phrases. Perhaps they would make it easier to obtain them now, and she could sell Mulch as well. Next to the house is 12 berry spots neatly arranged in two rows in pairs of two. That was a very nice place to grow the EV resetting berries as well.

Years
    Sootopolis, the underwater areas, Fortree City, New Mauville, Mt. Pyre and Lillycove City are going to look amazing in Gen 6 graphics. And the rest of the region for that matter. Hoenn is a really imaginative region in comparison to some of the others, and Gen 3 graphics don't do them justice in my opinion. So it'll be exciting to re-explore the whole region.

Exactly what I think. Hoenn was one of the best regions just based off creativity and diversity of the areas! You go from the Desert north of Mauville, to foggy, dusty Fallarbor, to cold, wet Shoal Cave, to lush, marsh-like terrain around Fortree. And that's not even covering all of them! I have a feeling Lilycove will look great in 3D; especially the department store.

Years
    Exactly what I think. Hoenn was one of the best regions just based off creativity and diversity of the areas! You go from the Desert north of Mauville, to foggy, dusty Fallarbor, to cold, wet Shoal Cave, to lush, marsh-like terrain around Fortree. And that's not even covering all of them! I have a feeling Lilycove will look great in 3D; especially the department store.
    speaking of marsh like I wonder if they'll add the marshes from DP and XY to those routes by Lilicove...I will miss the normal clear water puddles if they do change them.

Years
    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the following places in 3D:

-Fortree City (all them treehouses in 3D, hnnnngh)
    -Sootopolis City
    -Mt. Pyre
    -Emerald's Battle Frontier (if it returns)
    -The underwater areas
    -The desert area
    -Sky Pillar
    -Lavaridge Town (particularly the hot spring <3)

I definitely love how diverse Hoenn is in terms of geography, so it'd be cool seeing most of the places--not just the ones I listed--in 3D~

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    In Kalos we had Lumoise City, and Castelia was Unova's hot spot. This makes me wonder, how will such a city be incorporated in these remakes, if at all? I really like these huge cities, as I feel it just gives Pokemon that little push towards reality that wasn't present in games before. The problem for OR/AS is that when the region was originally designed, a massive 3d city wasn't in mind. I think there are 3 ways they could handle this issue.

1. Ignore it completely. If they don't decide to develop a large central hub like city, we can't really complain, as these are remakes, and that kind of city was not present in RSE.

2. Create a new city. This could be an easier way to solve this problem, however it would still require some thinking. Game Freak would have to locate an area in which it could be built, and then design it carefully to fit in with the rest of the region.

3. Develop and alter an existing city. I personally think that this option is most likely to occur, whether it is the best option is debatable. I think the best candidates would be Slateport or Lilycove city, just because they are already the two biggest cities in the region.

Anyway, I really hope they incorporate a large city as I'd love to visit it!

Well, I highly doubt they will make a "mega city" in Hoenn, but they could certainly give cities more depth.

Buildings can be a lot taller (imagine the department store, Devon Corporation, Mossdeep Space Centre), roads can be much longer, the trees in Fortree can some sort of depth like in White Forest? It will just make the existing city look a lot bigger. With the 3DS, it's certainly possible.

Years
    -The desert area

I can see them really spicing up this area of Hoenn in ORAS. Maybe once you put in the Go-Goggles, the perspective becomes more like a FPS game and you have to plow your way through the whipping sand storm and dry climate. There's heaps of little features they could add here that make me excited to revisit it!

Back