• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plague [PG-16]

Archipelago

Who knows?
Years
  • [FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Within a few seconds, Odile had boarded his own resident Dragon Pokemon and Penny was waiting impatiently for Yui to clamber onto Rook. "C'mon Yui, we haven't got all day! We've got places to go and peop-"[/FONT]

"[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]You've done that one," said Cal, jumping into Penny's stream of conversation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Penny tilted her head and raised a single eyebrow, but said nothing. Typical Cal, trying his best to annoy Penelope whenever he could. Of course, that was all before this situation, and somewhere deep down Penny had hoped he would have stopped that. Still, Cal was equally annoyed by the fact that Penelope would never take a thing seriously, so they were set roughly even. Still, Yui had not joined Penny and Cal for the ride, and she seemed to be far too deep in thought, as if she were in a state of self-consciousness. Then again, Penny had gotten that feeling from her since they had met, so it wasn't all that odd. But unless she intended to fly, Yui had better get up onto Rook before Penelope grew bored and flew off. Luckily though, she would not. Other people would be help, not a hindrance. A large group of skills makes a successful band of survivors. Penny and Rook brought a huge amount of versatility to the table. Jack of all trades, but master of none, if you will. Keldia could simply use her immense strength, although it wasn't as if Rook couldn't copy that of course.[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Odile seemed rooted to the spot. "STAY AWAY!!" he almost screamed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Penny swung her head to the front of the group and Odile's general direction, expecting to find more zombies, but there was nothing there. What on earth? Wait... something was there. Penny could see it far off in the distance. What was it? It wasn't a human, she could tell that. Whatever it was happened to be about 6 feet tall, and had a vaguely humanoid silhouette, but it definitely wasn't another human being. A Pokémon maybe? But what kind of Pokemon looked like that? Her thoughts were dragged to the ground quite literally as her back slammed against the hard concrete which layered the group. She had fallen from Rook again it seemed. But still, something had gripped tightly round her neck. Whatever it was, the grip was tight and she struggled to breathe. Every gasp of oxygen was vital, and it was impossible to see what was causing this. A zombie? No, they would feast upon your flesh. Maybe she had been bitten, and this was just what it felt like? Pinned to the ground by an un-seeable assailant. Either way, it didn't feel as comfortable as Penny was taking it. She would have seemed fine from the outside, but inside she was trembling with fear. Penny was going to die now. Murdered by something which is completely invisible. She struggled to change her view from straight ahead to the being, which was the same one clouded in a thick dark fog. It was easier to discern features now, even though that should be the last of her worries. It probably stood at about 6'2", and it was more of a dark grey than black, which made it look more like a shado-[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]The being began to shrink. Its form changing from a large man into that of a small boy. Its grip was still intensely painful though, and Penny continued to gasp for air. Soon, the enveloped figure began to change once more. Its grey hide began to change colour and shape a little. Clothing became apparent, wearing a bright red t-shirt and trousers. Penny tried to fight back, but was unable to resist the strength of one person who she knew best. It was her brother.[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]~ ~ ~[/FONT]​

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]This carried on for what felt like an hour. Her own brother was trying to kill her, and she could do nothing about it! Soon enough though, Penny felt a sudden and sharp sting to the side of her face, causing the whole world to disappear in the blink of an eye, only to be replaced by a seconds view. She was upon Rook once more as she had been, and was unharmed. As an automatic response, Penny swung and hand out and slapped whatever had slapped her in the face. Penny glanced up, realising it was in fact Yui.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Uh... oops..." were the few words in which Penny could splutter out.[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Cal shuffled a little away from Penelope as he was awoken by Yui in much the same manner, a little wary of his own sister now. He had had the same hallucination but in reverse. Him being murdered by his own sister. A wonderful day-dream by anyone's standards... [/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Penny tilted her head while staring at Yui, trying to work out what had happened. "I'm not even going to ask..." she grumbled. "Get on Yui, we don't have all day..." It wasn't said with her usual cheerfulness, and her words sounded somewhat grim.[/FONT]

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Yui Uchiha:

Yui had slapped Penelope when Penelope tried to slap her back. Yui grabbed Penelope's wrist before it could make contact, raising an eyebrow.

"I hope you do realize that having to slap you across the face means that I actually did board Rook," stated Yui dryly. She was already on Rook, having to get on him in order to slap both Penelope and Cal across the face. "Also, I'm guessing that was a hallucination brought on by the disease; obviously a new side effect. It showcased our worst fears." Yui was still kind of pale, and her hands were still shaking slightly, but she ignored it. You never showed weakness, never. It wasn't even as bad as the time of the Red Moon prophecy. Yui shivered slightly at the memories she tried to bury. It was almost like she could feel her brother's blood on her hands...Yui scowled and put her hands into her pockets. "Shall we go now?"

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • EVENT!!!!!EVENT!!!!!EVENT!!!!!EVENT!!!!!

The private army of the company responsible for the outbreak is moving in, helicopters can be seen swooping in from all sides, although the anti-escape measures are still in effect. There intentions are still as of yet unknown, but they are well armed, and extremely well-trained, fighting is not an option here, and it may not be necessary.

The decision: Do you go to meet the soldiers as they exit the helicopters or hold back to see what action they take.

[Note: It would be inadvisable to approach the helicopters while they are still airborne, since this could easily be mistaken as a threat.]

FallenAngelSilver

Silver ~♥~ Lilliana, Forever!
    Years
  • Silver the Quilava

Intro:

An oddly colored Quilava crawls sneakily around the streets, trying to keep from notice of any of the infected. He looks around, his eyes filled with worry, as he continues to stealthily avoid the Plague-bearers. He knows the dangers of being alone, if soldiers find him and realize he has no trainer, it will be the end of his road... He wants a trainer, one who cares, one who will always keep him company, but for now, he creeps by alone. He wants a good trainer, but after recent events, and some inhumane abuse, his trust for the humans is very low. He crawls around, aware of the danger, hoping that fate will give him some kind of positivity, because it has certainly been heavy on the bad events...

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Kris Kollyns
    Rotors of death...

-----

All of a sudden my face was making out with the floor, not literally, but you get it. I looked up to see that Cinder had picked up his head and he had his ears perked up. He said something which I thought was sorry, which sounded right. I was still learning how to talk to pokemon, but I could understand a little now. I couldn't wait until then.

"What's up?" As soon as I said that, Destiny sprang to her feet.

"Do you hear that?" She said it so quietly I could barely hear her. "Is that...a helicopter?!" She began to sprint outside, and I sprang to my feet to follow. I ran close behind her, and she stopped when she just made it outside. We looked up and could see a helicopter in the distance.

"Do we go after it?" I asked as Krystal, Luna and Damian ran up behind us.

"No." I wasn't very surprised that she said that, but I was a little disappointed.

"Why?" Krystal chimed in, and I wondered if she asked just for the sake of asking. I figured she knew why, as the rest of us did. Destiny didn't bother to answer, she just gave Krystal a quick glance.

A group of maybe seven zombies ran by us in pursuit of another helicopter, but their reply was being blown up. I'm not sure who blew them up, but I think it was Damian. I guess it served two purposes: getting rid of the zombies and conveying the message to Krystal. I heard Krystal mumble "Oh."

"So, our only rescue could be what kills us...okay, helicopter equals bad, zombies equal bad but not as much of a risk." I mumbled, sitting down next to Cinder again.

Last edited:

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
  • "[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]I hope you do realize that having to slap you across the face means that I actually did board Rook," said Yui, as she casually grabbed Penny's wrist, stopping the slap from finalising.[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Penny rolled her eyes and then yawned slightly. "Pfft... Killjoy."[/FONT]​

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]There was little reaction from either Cal or Rook, obviously just wanting to get off of the ground and to get as far away from here as possible. The burning pile of zombie bodies was really starting to get overwhelming now. Yui mentioned some about hallucinations, much like both Penelope and Callum had had not five minutes earlier. It must be something to do with the zombie disease whatever it's real name was. Still, Yui had indeed clambered aboard Rook and was just as eagerly waiting to set off into the unknown of Balice – the City of Ruined dreams. Rook beat his wings a couple more times, simply trying to get a feel for it now that he was carrying an extra passenger. He was but a few feet into the air before there came the echoing whir of mechanical transports. Helicopters to be precise. Wait, did this mean that they were all going to get rescued? The army ready to swoop the group off of their feet and back home safely? Somehow, both Cal and Penny doubted it. Penelope had seen the news reports, which were completely devoid of information on this apocalypse. She would bet anything that people outside of Balice had no idea what was happening in here. Still, the helicopters weren't particularly close, and were probably going to land somewhere a little quieter.[/FONT]​

"[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Helicopters..." muttered Cal in case anyone hadn't already realised that yet.[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Penny gave a light shrug and an expression with a light hint of confusion. "Anyone else want to check it out?"[/FONT]​

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Helicopters meant ordinary people, which meant safety, or at least something along those lines. It really was a choice between two evils. Zombies – willing to kill you at any moment, thus easy to predict, or Humans – of which could change at any moment making them a real risk. Still, that risk could lead home, so was it really worth it?[/FONT]​

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Yui Uchiha

Yui shrugged. "I'm not quite sure if we should check it out." Yui glanced at the helicopters. "I don't really trust the government."

Plus, they really don't have any record of me at all.

Yui Uchiha Clone 1

Yui glanced up. "I do hear helicopters." Yui then glanced at Psychic, raising an eyebrow.

Miharu Mizushima

Miharu sighed. "My instincts are telling me that we probably should not follow the helicopters. However, it is everyone's choice. Vote?"

Totodile12345

Newbie Writer
    Years
  • Odile thought about it for a few minutes. "No....There could be humans yes. But being killed by them is not one of the best options. I wonder how they got in through air support. It's to risky i'm not going for it. If you wanna check it out be my guess. But I'm not going to get killed by a group of soldiers for doing nothing. We should go before they get close enough to shoot us. gives us plenty of time." Odile said as he jumped of Knight then returned him to his Pokeball. "You coming?" Odile said as he jogged towards a door and opened it slightly. He hesitated before with a slight grimace said "Ladies first?" He said with I tiny chuckle of amusement.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Odessa Stocks:

Odessa started her logic with a bit of logic, "If they were going to kill everything and everyone they would have just bombed us instead of putting their own men in the line of danger" she said, "I say we go meet them" she said confidently. She was hoping that people would remember that she was from the future and already knew what would happen anyways.

Psychic:

Psychic couldn't tell what the Odessa girl was thinking, at least not telepathically, which was extremely odd. Psychic took this as a sign of warning, even though her argument was valid she was obviously hiding something. Psychic said nothing though an let the others make their own decisions.

Josh Stocks:

Odessa's line of reasoning made sense, but he thought of a counter-argument, "Couldn't they just be looking to eliminate survivors without destroying the city... it would be pretty obvious if it had been bombed, but if they're only looking to cover their tracks then a few bodies with bullets is pretty easy to hide away." he said. The argument, although slightly paranoid sounding, also made perfect sense.

OOC: Continue to decide, Odessa will be meeting them no matter what, Josh is skeptical and probably won't go without great persuasion, and Psychic is highly suspicious but still able to be convinced either way =P

FallenAngelSilver

Years
  • He sadly crawls through the streets, and turns a corner, noticing something. A group of Humans, not infected, talking to each other. He was not close enough to hear them, but he sat up on his hind legs, and watched them quietly, his emotions conflicted. Part of him wanted to go to the group, to remove the feeling of loneliness. Another part of him wanted to run. How would he know he could trust them? He did not want to go through more abuse...

What do I do? Go to them, or just run,

he thought. He suddenly realized his bright blue flames were out. He looked wildly around with panic.

Had they noticed my flames? I, I don't know what to do!

He stood, his mixed feelings preventing him from making a decision, and he quickly looked at the group. Had they noticed his presence?

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Miharu Mizushima

Miharu glanced at Odessa and sighed. "I think I will go with Odessa's suggestion then." If Odessa doesn't seem worried, and as she is from the future, then nothing should really happen, although, there also is the question of why she is here in the first place.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she noticed a small blue flame. She glanced over at that direction and noticed a differently coloured Quilava. From Yui's glance in that direction, she could tell Yui noticed the quilava as well.

Miharu was about to step to the Quilava before Yui tapped her shoulder slightly. She shook her head. Miharu raised an eyebrow in response.

"He...he's been abused." Yui's voice was lower than a whisper, but Miharu could still catch it with their close proximity.

Miharu tilted her head slightly. "Still does not mean we cannot allow him to come."

"Just let Yashe do the talking."

Yashe, Togekiss, was already flying towards Quilava. She landed a few feet away from him, just to show she didn't mean any harm.

"Would you like to join us?" Yashe asked politely to the Quilava.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Kris Kollyns
    Another odd Quilava...

-----

Destiny looked conflicted, "Well...if future girl thinks it's okay, I guess it's okay." She paused for a moment. "Unless she happens to be some sort of psychopath that wants us all dead, or happens to be one of their agents sent back from the future." Destiny motioned in the direction of the helicopter when she said 'their'. It was a reasonable statement. "But we'll go along with it for now." Well, Destiny kind of spoke for all of us when it came for those kind of decisions.

Cinder perked up his head, again. "Quilava." I managed to make out from his sentence. I turned my gaze in his direction, seeing a Quilava with light blue flames, bluish-white fur on bottom, and silver fur on top. Sweet, another oddly colored Quilava. Well, technically only one since Cinder is now a Typhlosion. I noticed Miharu and Yui were also looking in its direction, and Yui's Togekiss flew over to it. Time to see where this went...

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Yashe:

Yashe smiled gently at the Quilava. "I understand. I used to have a trainer that abused me quite frequently until my trainer now saved me from him by," Yashe giggled slightly, "'kicking his bloody arse' as she might say." Yashe blinked. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself before telling you my life story. My name is Yashe. Please to meet you."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Yashe:

Yashe smiled. "That's a nice name, Silver." Then, Yashe shook her head. "My trainer will never abuse a pokemon, in fact, most of her pokemon are pokemon she saved from abusing trainers. I may not know about the others, but I can tell that they are all kind hearted. Plus, if they even tried, Yui would probably kick them before they could even step towards you."

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Odessa Stocks:

Odessa had been expecting a few people to come with her to meet one of the helicopters, what she had not expected was an oddly colored Quilava to appear. She watched as Yui's togekiss, Yashe, went over to talk to it. Silva and Odessa watched quietly as the conversation went on.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Yashe:

Yashe pointed a wing to Yui, who pointed to herself and blinked. "The one with the blond hair and blue eyes."

After speaking softly to "Miharu-chan" next to her, Yui cautiously walked towards Yashe, holding up her hands to show she meant no harm.

"So, what's this guy's name?" asked Yui to Yashe, not sure if Silver would answer her question.

"His name is Silver," Yui provided. Yui nodded, before kneeling down in front of Silver.

"If you want to come with us Silver," she started, "then you will be under my protection. You don't have to become my pokemon if you don't want to be."

FallenAngelSilver

Years
  • Sits and ponders the thought. The Togekiss was not lying. She seemed genuinely kind.

Do I want to join them? I don't have to be her Pokemon... But... I think I kind of... Want to...

He thought some more, before making his decision. He definitely wanted to be her Pokemon. He climbed up on her knee and layed against her, making it obvious the he trusted her entirely.

Back