• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
  • Dude, stop asking you questions and putting that you are playing it with an emulator. No one honestly cares if you are playing with an emulator because the game is still the same in real life and on an emulator. >_>

Also, there is a trainer in Victory Road with it. Right before the pokeball that gives you TM 41. The trainer is wearing purple. They have gardevoir too. :]

Where is Snorunt at? :[

You get Gengar using the Dopple Feature, meaning you put an GBA Pokemon Game on the bottom slot, and go to the 2nd to last room *room with the eyes* and walk around in that room.

That's why he's asking about the Emulator.

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Took my next step as a pokemon fan.

I just bought Pokemon platinum from a reliable site. It is in Japanese, obviously. Should I be worried about any difficulty?

Im sure guides will help also, but are there any parts with alot of dialogue?

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Well if you can read Japanese text great :D
    If not, bad luck.. lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I don't remember any parts in Platinum where my not understanding it really hindered me. I just say yes to everything I'm asked and get by just fine. Unless you reaaalllyyy want to understand what the characters are saying and know your way around D/P, you shouldn't have any major problems.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I'm getting by just fine without understanding most of it. I rely upon the dex's of serebii and Psypokes if i get a message in battle that ends with a bunch of periods, that means that a poke is about to learn a new move. other than that, it's not too hard.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I don't remember any parts in Platinum where my not understanding it really hindered me. I just say yes to everything I'm asked and get by just fine. Unless you reaaalllyyy want to understand what the characters are saying and know your way around D/P, you shouldn't have any major problems.
    I wanted to ask people playing Plat in Japanese without understanding most of the text this small question:

Doesn't it bother you that you're missing out on some of the good lines/humor?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • not really I usually just insert my own dialogue anyway. this just makes it easier to crack of jokes at the expense of the protagonists like rival and cyrus.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023

Yes, quite a lot actually. But I REALLY wanted to use the new formes and get the Tutor Moves, though. That's why I got it >.>;

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I wanted to ask people playing Plat in Japanese without understanding most of the text this small question:

Actually when the US version is release. Then I'll buy it! But still I enjoy playing my Japanese Platinum.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I don't have a national dex yet but I have a charmander
    if i evolve now it thru the story will charmander and charmeleon be recorded on the national dex if i didn't have them while owning a national dex or will i have to breed and evolve again?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Which Fire type is better in the long run - Ponyta/Rapidash or Houndour/Houndoom?
    My personal favorite is Houndoom. But I'm not sure which is better.
    Here's some reference, you can compare their stats:
    Houndoom: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/229.shtml
    Rapidash: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/078.shtml
    I don't have a national dex yet but I have a charmander
    if i evolve now it thru the story will charmander and charmeleon be recorded on the national dex if i didn't have them while owning a national dex or will i have to breed and evolve again?
    It's okay, once you obtain the National Dex, it will be automatically recorded into the dex. No need to worry! Happy training with your Charmander!!

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Which Fire type is better in the long run - Ponyta/Rapidash or Houndour/Houndoom?

both are pretty good, I prefer Houndoom, mostly because he can roast through bugs and grass while staving off some of the bugs' psychic attacks. I currently have a lv. 48 Houndoom in my platinum and it's roasted me though many galactic grunts' stunkys and glameows as well as hold its own against skuntanks and puruglys. He will come in very handy for the first and 4th of the E4

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    how do you get girantina? i cant seem to get it and i've defeated all the necesarry gyms

wus6r

pokemon expert
    Years
  • Stark Mountain hasn't worked.Has anyone managed to catch Dialga/Palkia?
    go back to spear pillar, there will be two portals one blue (dialga), one purple (palkia) though i'm not sure that they both appear together though
    hope that helped

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back