• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
Years
  • HELLO..... I JUST WANTED TO KNOW THAT IF YOU CAN TRADE ROTOM'S NEW FORM AND SHAYMIN SKY FORM IN ANOTHER POKEMON PLATINUM GAME? THANKS IN ADVANCE :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    If it's another Pokemon Platinum game, then I don't see why not. {it will only revert to its other form if you trade it to Diamond or Pearl version}

~Night

Over Wi-Fi, it reverts no matter which version you're trading with. ...Although, I'm not sure why you would be bothered about the form reverting since you can just change it right back, anyway.

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    Does anyone know of a site that lists all the changes from Diamond / Pearl to Platinum? IE Zapdos has heat wave now, etc?

Or does someone know all of them?

Or is there an invisible sticky about this somewhere that I need to find?

I think I have something you might use:

https://shoddybattle.cvs.sf.net/vie...yBattle/platinum.mod?revision=1.2&view=markup

There, all Pokémon listed and their new respective moves.
    It's a list inside a mod file for updating Shoddy Battle servers, but it's well compiled and easy to see. They have all the files already there for updating Shoddy servers just as a side input, which I already used and they're working very smoothly =P.
    If it doesn't load at first refresh.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    The move tutor in the Survival Area will teach Honchkrow Heat Wave, if you pay him 2 blue shards, 4 red shards, and 2 green shards.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • If it's another Pokemon Platinum game, then I don't see why not. {it will only revert to its other form if you trade it to Diamond or Pearl version}

~Night

HEHE..THANX..

SOOOO AS LONG THE GAME IS PLATINUM YOU CAN TRADE THEM WITH OUT CHANGING FORM? :D

THANX AGAIN THAT HELPS ME ALOT :D

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • SOOOO AS LONG THE GAME IS PLATINUM YOU CAN TRADE THEM WITH OUT CHANGING FORM?
    Yep. It's because the Sky Forme didn't exist before Platinum came out. Therefore there is no data on the Sky Forme or its sprites, so the game has no choice but to revert Skymin back to its original forme.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2013
    hi
    where can i find ambipom and barboach
    not catching only battling to finish the sinnoh dex

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • You can find Barboach in quite a few places if you're fishing with the Good Rod, for example, route 210, as for Ambipom, besides evolving your own Aipom I really don't know. :/

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
    Years
  • Just defeated the Sinnoh league :p 3 pkmn left and no revives in Cynthia's room.... terrible.

Anyway, I'll be on this forum for a bit, so I'll try to help most of ya'll out.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    You can find Barboach in quite a few places if you're fishing with the Good Rod, for example, route 210, as for Ambipom, besides evolving your own Aipom I really don't know. :/
    Correct there aren't any wild Ambipom.
    There are trainers who uses them though.
    And Aipom can be only catchable on Honey Trees.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Platinum Translation - Serching

Hello.. I want to know is there any translation of the story line for Platinum? :/ Or is any one of you trying your luck with it (doing the translation)?

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I don't think a translation will be coming out until the English version is released in America.

And hacking it out might not exactly work, and it would be extremely hard.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Hello.. I want to know is there any translation of the story line for Platinum? :/ Or is any one of you trying your luck with it (doing the translation)?

Not until 2009, there isn't. People have tried... all failed. Meaning just 3.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    oh.. Couse i did read about translations from Diamond and Pearl.. Witch "translate's" in the place's where story line is the same (the same as D&P)

But i dont know is it realy transleted or just forced change of txt.. And i don't know those it really work's :]

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    "Hmmm....if your not sure, search it up on google."

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • HELLO IM JUST CONFUSED -_-?.... HOW DO YOU GET THE POKEDEX ENGLISH LANGUAGE.....LIKE I KNOW THE POKEDEX IN PLATINUM WAS JAPANESE RIGHT BUT I SAW IN SEREBII.NET YOU CAN HAVE THE FOREIGN LANGUAGE.... SOO THANX IN ADVANCE :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back