• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
Years
  • It doesn't have a release date yet. ):

I'll list some more changes for you.

♫ Expanded regional dex (about 60 more Pokemon than DP)
    ♫ Introduction of Moltres / Zapdos / Articuno roaming the land.
    ♫ Introduction of Regirock / Regice / Registeel
    ♫ Introduction of Tangela and Tangrowth
    ♫ Introduction of new Formes for Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin
    ♫ The missing Pokemon of Misdreavus, Mismagius, Murkrow, Honchkrow, Glameow, Purugly, Stunky, Skuntank, Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon, Clamperl, Huntail and Gorebyss.
    ♫ Deeper storyline involving Giratina, Pluto, Dialga, and Palkia.
    ♫ Introduction of a new area called the Torn World, which allows you to walk / surf vertically, etc.
    ♫ New Battle Frontier in place of the battle area which includes the Battle Factory, Battle Tower, Battle Castle, Battle Roulette, Battle Stage, and Battle Shops.
    ♫ Upgraded puzzles in Eterna, Vielstone, and Hearthome gyms.
    ♫ Gym Leaders with new Pokemon from the addition to the regional dex.
    ♫ Top Trainer Cafe in the Survival Area, which allows you to rebattle the Gym Leaders (They are a lot stronger).
    ♫ Top Trainer Cafe also lets you reunite in a battle with people you've been aquainted with to pass a certain stage (e.g. Cheryl, Riley, Buck)
    ♫ Changes in the design of each Elite Four room.
    ♫ Changes in the Elite Four's Pokemon
    ♫ Frontier Brains similar to that of Emerald.
    ♫ Able to battle different people in the Pokemon Center
    ♫ Able to battle weekly with your rival after obtaining National Dex.
    ♫ The Great Marsh undergoing design changes.
    ♫ New obtainable Pokemon after the National Dex
    ♫ New Move Tutors
    ♫ Wurmple appearing on Honey Trees
    ♫ Getting your own "house" in the resort area with decoratable furniture.
    ♫ Changes in the Vielstone Department store
    ♫ A back button on your Poketch
    ♫ Able to bring more Pokemon into Amity Square
    ♫ Changes in the design of Amity Square
    ♫ More features in WiFi (games, poffins, etc.)
    ♫ The Battle Recorder is introduced and lets you record WiFi battles
    ♫ New key characters including Professor Pluto, Officer Handsome, etc.
    ♫ Expanded movepool for Pokemon (Zapdos learns Heatwave, etc.)

OMG Wow thank you sooo much!!! Now I really want platinum....but the store is closing so I won't be able to buy it soo sad-anyway back on topic I get everything you said except Pluto? As in, the planet? Or a person named Pluto? ...wait are they a tem glactic person?

MadnugA01x

Random Trainer from Johto
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    OMG Wow thank you sooo much!!! Now I really want platinum....but the store is closing so I won't be able to buy it soo sad-anyway back on topic I get everything you said except Pluto? As in, the planet? Or a person named Pluto? ...wait are they a tem glactic person?

Pluto is a member of Team Galactic. He's that old guy hanging around wif them in the game and he doesnt talk very much...and to me it seems as if Team Galactic "abuses" him

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • One thing that nobody mentioned that certainly makes platinum stand out from every single third game is the graphics. Seriously the way they shunned almost all the graphics from dp seriously amazed me. And the speed. Ho boy the game is fast and more fun to play. To answer all questions about the games differences from dp that werent listed.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • OMG Wow thank you sooo much!!! Now I really want platinum....but the store is closing so I won't be able to buy it soo sad-anyway back on topic I get everything you said except Pluto? As in, the planet? Or a person named Pluto? ...wait are they a tem glactic person?
    No prob. And Pluto is the new Professor in Team Galactic that came with the enhanced storyline. Officer Handsome is the international officer that is trying to capture Pluto.

Years
  • Happiness Help

1) I know that Happiness Rises when you walk with a Pokemon in your party.
    2) A bike does not work as well.

So my questions are, does running do less than walking?
    And if I walk/run with a Pokemon in Amity Square, and it's NOT the pokemon that I'm trying to get happy, does it still count twords the pokemon in my party?

And on the side note, anyone have a list of "like ___ poffin" in Japanese? Got an Eevee on my Platinum and trying to evolve it into a Umbreon to help me with Melissa.
    ^Found one on Bulbapedia.

Kevo182

Hero of Hyrule
    Years
  • i need someone to use the platinum move tutor to teach my metagross ice punch
    (could someone please do it for me)

Years
  • Where'd you hear this? Considering that I've never heard this before, it sounds too stupid to be true.
    Was looking at a number of sites for information and I heard that.
    >_> But like everything that I say I can't find the place I went to back it up.
    It makes sense to me, but it may not be true. ;o It'd be something to test.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Does the game even differentiate between "walking" and "riding a bike" when it comes to something as basic as happiness?
    I haven't heard anything about it either.

Oh btw, be sure to pick your Darkrai's up on wi-fi.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • A bike works just as well as walking and running. It speeds up the breeding process significantly. >>;

Walking, running, and bicycling all provide the same amount of happiness per tile you travel to. Some are just faster than the other.

And I'm pretty sure the friendship will only be delivered to the Pokemon you are walking with.

Years
  • So I searched through about 5 pages and couldn't find this question asked. Sorry if it was in one of the others that I didn't check:

As you all know, in Platinum the Sinnoh Dex was expanded to 210 Pokémon. This is all fine, except for the fact that Serebii says #151 is Manaphy, who is unattainable / "non-existent" in Diamond & Pearl outside of Pokémon Ranger or Wi-Fi. I assume the same goes for Platinum.

So since I don't have Pokémon Ranger, am I forced to use Wi-Fi to trade for someone's Manaphy to complete my Sinnoh Dex?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • to see manaphy go to that mansion below hearthome with the garden out back, and look in the book right behind the mansion's owner. it should give you record of seeing manaphy.

Years
  • Thank you, Gerri Shin. :)

Edit: This was posted a while ago but since I don't want to double post, I'll edit and hope somebody sees:

All I need left to finish my Sinnoh Dex is Ambipom. Are there any trainers in Sinnoh that have one?

Last edited:

_cynthia_

the thirsty devil
    Years
  • GTS cloning questions:
    must we wait for the clock thing to turn 7~8 circles?
    my pokemon went up for trade in less then 4 circles.
    o.O''

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    GTS cloning questions:
    must we wait for the clock thing to turn 7~8 circles?
    my pokemon went up for trade in less then 4 circles.
    o.O''

No, you don't. It was just an approximation, but the speed of the Pokémon being uploaded will vary based on the cloner's internet connection. You must try a few times to find out roughly how many rotations of the clock occur before you see the Pokémon being taken into the GTS, and then reset at the appropriate moment before.

If I remember right from when I used to GTS clone, you want to reset somewhere around or below a quater of a circle just before you see your Pokémon being uploaded onto the GTS. This was the case for me anyways, even though I read that you should reset about one full circle before the upload animation begins.

Years
  • For me, GTS cloning had to be precise to the 'tick' of the circle. I had to test it a few times to know exactly when the animation to send the Pokémon was sent, and basically it was a 50/50 chance for it to clone if you turned it off one 'tick' before that animation.

And at my other question, I found Ambipom in Victory Road. National Dex, here I come! :)

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    GTS Cloning is much more accurate if you use the light on your router. Once it starts flickering, you can turn off the DS. I had to start doing this because it was never the same amount of clock turns each time, anywhere from 6 to 10 :/

mko

Custom User Title
    Years
  • Sinnoh Dex

I'm missing 3 Pokémon from Sinnoh Dex.
    Can someone help me?
    008 Prinplup (Pokémon Ranger Jeffery on route 212 no longer has one) It can be found in a double battle with a Rich Couple in the entrance of Mr. Backlot's mansion
    087 Medicham (Snowpoint GYM leader no longer has one and it does not available in wild (checked where is was in Pearl) A Swimmer girl in Route 220 have one
    122 Hippopotas (Ace Trainer Dalton on Route 217 no longer has one. I've been unable to find one in Ruin Maniac's cave either)
    Hippopotas: Collector Ivan on Route 220
    Feebas: Fisherman Brett on Route 222 ; Sailor Luthor on Route 222
    Nope he doesn't have one.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back