• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadnugA01x

Random Trainer from Johto
Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    Darkrai was finally officially released at the start of the month, so I don't see why not.
    Yeah, only to Platinum Players, this also makes other Newmoon Darkrais available to be put up on the GTS as well(including the DP Newmoon Darkrais)
    so engrish or lv 40 Darkrais on the GTS are not official ones

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Quick question, I'm currently at Pastoria in Platinum. When do I reach the Platinum Move Tutor(s?)? Specifically, I need to get Ice Punch on my Metagross.

MadnugA01x

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    Quick question, I'm currently at Pastoria in Platinum. When do I reach the Platinum Move Tutor(s?)? Specifically, I need to get Ice Punch on my Metagross.
    one of the Platinum Move Tutor that teaches ice punch is on the route near Pastoria City(Route 212)
    He's at the house where the DP Shard tutor was(near the mud)
    since i havent found an accurate shard count on the move ice punch, i dont kno how much shards you need to teach your metagross that move

Years
  • Quick question, I'm currently at Pastoria in Platinum. When do I reach the Platinum Move Tutor(s?)? Specifically, I need to get Ice Punch on my Metagross.

I believe you can get to the Move Tutor as soon as you go to Pastoria. Try going to Route 212 before doing any sort of story event in Pastoria.

Years
  • 6x Blue Shards and 2x Red Shards gets you Thunder/Fire/Ice Punch from that Move Tutor.

I have a question of my own:
    When are the Nature/IVs set on roaming Pokémon, such as Cresselia, Mesprit, and in Platinum's case, Zapdos/Articuno/Moltres?

MadnugA01x

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    6x Blue Shards and 2x Red Shards gets you Thunder/Fire/Ice Punch from that Move Tutor.

I have a question of my own:
    When are the Nature/IVs set on roaming Pokémon, such as Cresselia, Mesprit, and in Platinum's case, Zapdos/Articuno/Moltres?

Natures and IVs are set when the Pokemon code is created in the game.
    *Mesprit-Natures and Ivs are set when you confront Mesprit and it runs away
    *Cresselia-Same as Mesprit
    *Platinum Exclusive Articuno,Zapdos, and Moltres-Natures and Ivs are set when you talk to Professor Oak in Eterna City and recieve the upgrade NOTE:If you are soft-reseting for certain IVs and Natures for all the 3 legendary birds, it will be extremely difficult seeing that all 3 are roaming in the wild at the same time at once

Years
  • Platinum Q&A Thread

This is rumored to be the cover, but may be Photoshopped...
    And it is rumored for March 22 for the US.

Is this most likely true or false?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Platinum Q&A Thread

This is rumored to be the cover, but may be Photoshopped...
    And it is rumored for March 22 for the US.

Is this most likely true or false?

Actually, the cover is likely to look like that, but the date isn't 100% confirmed yet as far as I know. It just showed up on an online store, not something from Nintendo.

Years
  • Actually, the cover is likely to look like that, but the date isn't 100% confirmed yet as far as I know. It just showed up on an online store, not something from Nintendo.

That is true as well.
    And...
    Circuit City is closing a ton of stores.
    And it is nowhere else.
    So it's very tentative at this point.

Years
  • Natures and IVs are set when the Pokemon code is created in the game.
    *Mesprit-Natures and Ivs are set when you confront Mesprit and it runs away
    *Cresselia-Same as Mesprit
    *Platinum Exclusive Articuno,Zapdos, and Moltres-Natures and Ivs are set when you talk to Professor Oak in Eterna City and recieve the upgrade NOTE:If you are soft-reseting for certain IVs and Natures for all the 3 legendary birds, it will be extremely difficult seeing that all 3 are roaming in the wild at the same time at once

>.< Thanks. So it's impossible to Synchronize natures on these roaming Pokés?

MadnugA01x

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    >.< Thanks. So it's impossible to Synchronize natures on these roaming Pokés?

Well i havent tried that, but if you are synchronizing them, hav that lead pokemon up first before you activate them...if that doesnt work then i guess it is impossible...

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • >.< Thanks. So it's impossible to Synchronize natures on these roaming Pokés?

I have heard that Synchronize works when you talk to the Pokemon- All the information about a roaming Pokemon (Nature, IVs, etc) is determined when they begin roaming, so it should work.

MadnugA01x

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    it should be near the lake on route 225, you need surf to access it though

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2010
    I'm trying to finish off the Sinnoh Dex for the National Dex. Can anyone give me locations of trainers that have the following Pokemon: Ambipom, Feebas, Umbreon, Glaceon.

It just has to be trainers that have them. >.>

Years
  • If I remember correctly, a trainer on the rainy route (Route 213?) Has Umbreon. There is also a double battle trainer in Victory Road, pretty far in, that has an Ambipom.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2010
    If I remember correctly, a trainer on the rainy route (Route 213?) Has Umbreon. There is also a double battle trainer in Victory Road, pretty far in, that has an Ambipom.
    Great! I found Umbreon there.

Next, is that double battle in the earlier areas of Victory Road? (I know I missed one there, so it's likely) Or is is in the area with Marley? I'd prefer not to go there just yet, since I don't have reason to go to the route out there just yet, and it's a pain to go there again later...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back