• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • guys,all that you said are good but I wanna ask a basic qestion:When pokemon platinoum(english version) will come in europe(Greece)??????

Hey guys! Anyone know the release date for the game here in the UK? Thanks :D
    They're both to be announced. A few sites said October 2009 but I doubt that's accurate.

hey yall i have pokemon platinum an got the regigigas movie versions. i'll give them free to yall who want any. if yall dont belive meh look at m vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcxv4L7JzAc&feature=channel_page dont worry about the"go here now" thats ust sayin hen im trading/battle leaveme a pm if you want one.THERE NOT HACKED" LOOK AT TH FUL VID THX
    Ok.

Skele

Idea Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2009
    Platinum Gyms

Hello, somebody can give me the list of all trainers in gyms? I need data from Pokemon Platinum. I have already this data from Oreburgh and Eterna, but i still need from other 6 gyms. I don't need leaders data.

Last edited:

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • Gym #1 - Oreburgh Gym

The Oreburgh Gym remains unchanged from DP. It has several levels, one which allows you to avoid trainers and another that allows you to go straight through to Roark by battling trainers. You earn TM 76; Stealth Rock by defeating the gym

Gym #2 - Eterna Gym

The Eterna City gym has a brand new puzzle to it. As opposed to finding and then battling each of the trainers within the gym. This time, there is an area with two blades in the middle with four exits on it. To make the blades move, you have to battle each of the trainers in there until you finally get to Gardenia. You earn TM 86; Grass Knot by defeating the gym

Gym #3 - Hearthome Gym

Hearthome Gym has also changed drastically. First, you can now do it first time you get to Hearthome. Instead of navigating multiple levels and hoping you choose the correct door to progress to the next area, it appears you are in a darkened maze, with only a flashlight illuminating the area directly in front of you to find a pattern that opens up doors. Bordered up with Duskull lamps, you will be able to see where other trainers are. Your task is to get through the maze to find Fantina and battle her. You earn TM 65; Shadow Claw by defeating the gym

Gym #4 - Veilstone Gym

Veilstone gym has also had an upgrade. Instead of sliding slits of wood into place to open a path, this time you have to move punching bags to knock out obstacles to make a path, battling trainers on your way. You earn TM 60; Drain Punch by defeating the gym

Gym #5 - Pastoria Gym

Pastoria Gym is now the 5th gym and has not had an upgrade. You still travel around the gym, controlling the water level so that platforms float and give access to other areas. You earn TM 55; Brine by defeating the gym

Gym #6 - Canalave Gym

Canalave Gym is the 6th gym and hasn't had any visible upgrades to the puzzle. Navigating multiple floors with lifts and platforms, you have to find the one right way up to Byron. You earn TM 91; Flash Cannon by defeating the gym

Gym #7 - Snowpoint Gym

Canalave Gym is the 7th gym and has also had no upgrades, requiring you to navigate around the gym by sliding and destroying snowballs. You earn TM 72; Avalanche by defeating the gym

Gym #8 - Sunyshore Gym

Sunyshore Gym is the 8th gym and has also had no upgrades. You earn TM 57; Charge Beam by defeating the gym

Thanks to Serebii. <3

Skele

Idea Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2009
    Yes, I want the details of all the trainers and I searched with Google but i don't find it. Only two first gyms are described in some websites and I need all 8 gyms. I want modify Pokemon Diamond rom and change gyms to platinum gyms. If somebody is playing now Pokemon Platinum, please describe for me that gyms.

Years
  • help on getting platinum move...

hi i plan on getting outrage for my kingdra...but it seems like the only way is from a move tutor in platinum...i don't have the kingdra ready but do you think it's possible to use outrage after on my diamond game or it only works on platinum...

and if it does work on my diamond game...is there anyone who can help me out?

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Yeah it will work, go to trade forum, some people will do it for you for like a shiny

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • My only questions are..

Will any wild Pokemon locations be moved?
    Can you catch GSC/RSE Pokemon without using dual-slot mode?
    Is the storyline going to be revamped?

Thanks, and sorry if these questions have already been asked.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • Not sure on the location changes..
    The dual-slot mode is still being used in Plat sadly.
    Yes, the story is going to change a lot from what I've seen.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    My only questions are..

Will any wild Pokemon locations be moved?
    Can you catch GSC/RSE Pokemon without using dual-slot mode?
    Is the storyline going to be revamped?

Thanks, and sorry if these questions have already been asked.

1) Yeah, a few pokemon locations will be moved.
    2) Only a few more, but nothing much.
    3) Yes, the storyline now features another member of Team Galactic and a police officer that gives you items and arrests one of the members. Not going for a large spoiler, though, as I beat it.

Considering that this is the Platinum Q&A Thread, I am guessing that you are using Platinum, yes? Only Japanese GBA games can migrate to Japanese DS games.

Not exactly. Try giving a nickname to your pokemon. Then it should migrate. That's what I did.

Years
  • I looked around and couldn't find a better place to post this question, but I apologize if it's in the wrong spot.

I've never used Action Replay before, or any sort of cheat/codes for games on the DS. I'm just wondering if it will work with Platinum? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've never use Action Replay before, so I don't really understand how it works. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :)

Hana~

Now available in surround~
    Years
  • I looked around and couldn't find a better place to post this question, but I apologize if it's in the wrong spot.

I've never used Action Replay before, or any sort of cheat/codes for games on the DS. I'm just wondering if it will work with Platinum? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've never use Action Replay before, so I don't really understand how it works. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :)

I wouldn't recommend you use cheats, since that will make you a cheater ^^
    But if you really really want to cheat, I guess you can do that; only check if someone's made codes for Platinum.

Years
  • I wouldn't recommend you use cheats, since that will make you a cheater ^^
    But if you really really want to cheat, I guess you can do that; only check if someone's made codes for Platinum.

I don't really think it's immortal to cheat in a video game, especially if I don't make pokemon with ridiculous stats to battle against people and don't mislead people and trade hacked pokemon. I just hate breeding and EV training, so that's basically what I want to do.

But thanks for the answer. :)

Years
  • Platinum question.

Okay, so I'm going to be getting Platinum from America when it comes out BUT I don't know if it will play on my DS 'cause of the different format. Australia has PAL format and America has a different type.

Do you think it would play or would I have to wait till it comes out in Australia?

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • Okay, so I'm going to be getting Platinum from America when it comes out BUT I don't know if it will play on my DS 'cause of the different format. Australia has PAL format and America has a different type.
    Do you think it would play or would I have to wait till it comes out in Australia?

I wondered about that too since I plan on importing it, but as far as I know DS/Wii stuff is all region free so it should be fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back