• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2009
    I am going to sound like an idiot when I say this, but I just got platinum imported from Japan (took it long enough) and I am trying to type in the name "Richy" in japanese. I can't figure out the letters and buttons! Any help or videos showing everything?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I am going to sound like an idiot when I say this, but I just got platinum imported from Japan (took it long enough) and I am trying to type in the name "Richy" in japanese. I can't figure out the letters and buttons! Any help or videos showing everything?

There are English characters, you know. I believe there is a 6 character limit, so keep that in mind.

Years
  • There are English characters, you know. I believe there is a 6 character limit, so keep that in mind.
    Actually, it's five. :x
    You can type it in English, albeit it'll be only 5 letters, but still. You just hit the ABC button. :[

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • There is; you just need to search for the name and a Japanese translation of it on the Internet, then search for the correct Japanese characters in the game. That's how I managed to get the name I have on my Platinum version. I ended up using Ayumi. (あゆみ)

Though a basic search hasn't returned any results for "Richy"... I did find some for "Richie".

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I'm not really sure if this is in the right thread so please tell me if it is.
    Is there a way to change Platinum to english? If not, then how do you guys play the game if it's japanese? Thanks :>

Patchy

-
    Years
  • There's English ROMs of it, but there's no way to change its language. You could usually guess from DP I suppose, but I think most people just play it in Japenese.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    It requires a special Key Item that is given out over Wi-Fi. This item grants access to a specific room that holds the five appliances necessary for Rotom to change forms. Simply check one with Rotom in your party and Rotom will "possess" the appliance, changing into the appropriate form.

I'm not really sure if this is in the right thread so please tell me if it is.
    Is there a way to change Platinum to english? If not, then how do you guys play the game if it's japanese? Thanks :>

Playing this game in Japanese is actually not as difficult as one might believe. With sites such as Serebii or Bulbapedia listing detailed information on movesets and specific attacks, there is enough information in the game to figure out what each attack is even without understanding the language. The only part of the game really missed out on is the story, which some people can live without.

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
  • Shaymin....

Ok so I Know that to get the Gracidea Flower you have to have a Event Shaymin...

Now does that Event Shaymin Have to be UT?
    Platinum Q&A Thread

Poke_licious

Ready to Rise
    Years
  • the move tutor is in PAstoria city by the water in the south. You do need a heart scale however. You get those in the underground.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    You seem to mistaken.

Lucario cant learn ThunderPunch in D/P, only in platinum which is where the tutor for said T-Punch is.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Right, and the guy from Pastoria only makes pokemon remember moves that were previously known by that pokemon. No new moves.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Ok so I Know that to get the Gracidea Flower you have to have a Event Shaymin...

Now does that Event Shaymin Have to be UT?
    Platinum Q&A Thread
    nope, i don't even have platinum and know that because the poster at Toysrus even said how to get it lol it didn't say anything about not using your Shaymin for a whole month :shocked:

Poke_licious

Ready to Rise
    Years
  • no. he can teach new moves. I took my torterra (original starter, never traded) to him at level 36 and he tought him wood hammer. ur mistaken...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    no. he can teach new moves. I took my torterra (original starter, never traded) to him at level 36 and he tought him wood hammer. ur mistaken...

No =/

Thats the move "re-learner" as in teaches the pokemon past moves or moves it already knows via Heart Scale, Torterra already knows wood hammer and even though it doesnt learn it by level up its still classed as though it has already learned it. Its not a new move per se nor is it a "tutor move". Torterra simply re-learned a past move.

Lucario doesnt learn T-punch through this method in D/P. Only in plat through the actual tutor does it learn it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    -.- help

okay i need help HOw can u send pokemon from diamond to pokemon platinum early in the game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back