• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    If the protagonists were villains, then they wouldn't be as cute as they are, especially the female protagonists. Just look at Dawn, Serena, May and Rosa, they know how to be super-cuties.
    The only reason why villains for the most part aren't cute, is because that would need some serious character design to justify. It's just easier to make a cliche villain than a well thought out one and cliche villains aren't cute. ;)

Years
  • *plays Miror B.'s theme while getting down to it hardcore*

Even if I only got to play XD once, I remembered that guy and his battle theme. He was the shit.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Agreeing with Derk on Miror B's themes. I like the XD one but it doesn't really compete with the Colosseum one imo. Dancing Ludicolos ♥

Also speaking of great themes I still wish there was the Under in XD because hnng Under's theme.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I REMEMBER BEING SUPER SURPRISED the first time I played the game. But aaaaa he was such a pain but I did enjoy battling him. Much more than the final boss in XD mainly because while difficult it was still easier ahah.

Years
  • Boop beep.

I played Colosseum once. It was the closest you could get to being a Team Rocket member. Stealing other peoples pokemon.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • It was the closest you can get to being a badass, period, which is why I'm hoping future Pokemon games take this route. :( At least taking a different route other than your traditional "you're a kid who just moved in to a neighborhood, heres your rival, the professor, etc".

I mean, nothing too radical of a change, but still, years and years of the same tried and true formula does get a bit old...

I gotta agree. While the formula works and it makes for a very neat, polished, and straightforward game, there are a lot of things they could add/subtract/change in between that would make the experience totally different. Maybe they could change it from being a villainous team to just one or a few people as the main antagonists. Maybe they could stop pushing the idea of a rival so much as well. Twist it up a bit.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I was generally disappointed that OR/AS weren't more like Emerald overall. I think seeing Magma vs. Aqua and Kyogre vs. Groudon would've made the story ten times better, along with having Scott and the Battle Frontier. They could've done a lot of cool things with that stuff in the remakes.

Coffee

Banned
    Years
  • I was generally disappointed that OR/AS weren't more like Emerald overall. I think seeing Magma vs. Aqua and Kyogre vs. Groudon would've made the story ten times better, along with having Scott and the Battle Frontier. They could've done a lot of cool things with that stuff in the remakes.

It would make the games better yes, but it wouldn't make sense seeing they are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. The Delta Episode was basically an homage to Emeralf. Also there are alot of speculations regarding a Pokemon Emerald remake. But I honestly don't see why we need one.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • It would make the games better yes, but it wouldn't make sense seeing they are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. The Delta Episode was basically an homage to Emeralf. Also there are alot of speculations regarding a Pokemon Emerald remake. But I honestly don't see why we need one.

They put a lot of elements from Crystal in HG/SS, so I don't see why they couldn't. And the Delta Episode really didn't do much to pay homage to Emerald if you ask me, but feel free to point out something I may have missed.

Years
  • ...The inclusion of the track from when Rayquaza swoops in from the Sky Pillar to Groudon and Kyogre?

But there was that Battle Frontier teaser, although I don't get why they would include that and then have Masuda tell us why they don't include the Battle Frontier (his excuse being that people wouldn't care for it much, which this forum would surely say the opposite).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I never really have done anything like the Battle Frontier or anything but the fact that many people considered that to be one of the best things about Emerald really makes me question Masuda's "reasoning" tbh. :/

It would have been nice if they added more Emerald elements to the game. I understand why they didn't really do so story wise ( I... guess...?? ) but I feel like there would have been other things they could have done? I do love Team Aqua in AS though haha.

Years
  • I've lost so much motivation to play Pokémon recently. I wish I could get it back!

I can understand you, especially if this upcoming announcement on the 21st turns out to be another boring spinoff, but if we don't get a main game this year I guess it's a sign Game Freak are taking lots of time to make the next one (probably the third version/sequels to XY) look extremely good and have as little flaws as possible.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I have a feeling it may be an announcement for Pokémon "Z" (obviously not official, but it's easier to call it that if you ask me, so I'll be referring to it as that until it's out). They've been pumping out Pokémon games pretty quickly so it wouldn't be much of a surprise to see another main series game within a year of the last one.

Years
  • In regards to getting back into the games, I actually started playing Platinum again recently after somehow drifting into listening to pokemon music on youtube. It was Platinum specifically because Giratina's battle theme was one of the songs I got stuck on listening and I was like....okay then...now I have the desire to go play that game again. Well, I guess it was a toss-up between that and Black, but I figured I would go with the older gen first.

Although I've never beaten that game in full before, so there's that. It's less a replay and more a "finally get back into trying to finish it", but yeah. Soundtracks from the game helped get me into playing it again ah ha.

As for the announcement, I was thinking that if they were going to make a third version by now, they'd have done so already, but I guess we are still within the normal timeframe for one to come out, hmmm. :o Well then. Now I think I am a bit excited to see what it actually might be. Not holding out hope for something like that but now I want to see what they're teasing for.

Years
  • They've been pumping out Pokémon games pretty quickly so it wouldn't be much of a surprise to see another main series game within a year of the last one.

It's true. This is likely to blame for a lot of recent generations lasting shorter than we expected. 5th Gen outside of Japan alone only lasted for 2 years (B/W was released in 2011 and B2/W2 in 2012) while it was 3 within Japan.

4th Gen was probably the only one that showed a good example of a long-lasting generation, lasting 4 years both in Japan and internationally. That was due to having a year skipped as far as main game releases go.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I never really have done anything like the Battle Frontier or anything but the fact that many people considered that to be one of the best things about Emerald really makes me question Masuda's "reasoning" tbh. :/
    It wouldn't surprise me if they left it out, because of the japanese audience not caring for it, considering that Nintendo likes to focus on the japanese market first and everyone else second. Although I don't know if the japanese people actually liked that feature or not. I just heard some rumors that they, in general, focus more on the competitive aspects of the game.

Then again, I feel like ORAS is somewhat unfinished (so maybe that's the reason), as opposed to X and Y who are just unpolished, something that's likely to change in the (probably) upcoming release this year.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They might be planning to add Hoenn to the next games assuming they return to Kalos, sort of like how Gold and Silver did with Johto and Kanto. They could add the Battle Frontier, make a few character additions such as Scott and Juan and some how tie that in with the Kalos storyline. They do seem to be connected and referenced to one another.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • They might be planning to add Hoenn to the next games assuming they return to Kalos, sort of like how Gold and Silver did with Johto and Kanto. They could add the Battle Frontier, make a few character additions such as Scott and Juan and some how tie that in with the Kalos storyline. They do seem to be connected and referenced to one another.

I would love this. It's a new concept that would actually tie two stories together and bring about a whole new dynamic to the game if you ask me. I'd really like to see that actually.

Years
  • This is definitely a possibility - considering all the mentions of the Kalos events in ORAS (well, in the Delta Episode), it's hard to imagine they'd just throw all this stuff in it and then not do anything with it afterward.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back