• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playstation III and Xbox Next

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    PiroMunkie said:
    When I say sketch, I don't mean like a drawing with pencil, I mean like a sketch done on a computer.

I know, but it still looks pretty darn real (compared to the other photoshopped pictures that have been claimed to be real).

Anyways, what do you think the power button will also be used for? According to Team Xbox, it does more than tell you your power status.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'll definetly be getting the 360 this Xmas ^^ It looks completely aweosme! 360 is like the confirmed name now.

>>I think Brit left out the Revolution on purpose! Nintendo hater! =(

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    pokejungle said:
    I'll definetly be getting the 360 this Xmas ^^ It looks completely aweosme! 360 is like the confirmed name now.

>>I think Brit left out the Revolution on purpose! Nintendo hater! =(
    She might have left it out because Revolution may not be shown at E3 and there's little infomation about it except for rumors.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Pretty much everything is rumours at this point. I mean, can you honestly say that's the specs from Mr. Gates? Nope. We won't ACTUALLY know until they have their little "press conference". The Revolution has specs floating around too....

...somewhere....

XD

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    pokejungle said:
    Pretty much everything is rumours at this point. I mean, can you honestly say that's the specs from Mr. Gates? Nope. We won't ACTUALLY know until they have their little "press conference". The Revolution has specs floating around too....

...somewhere....

XD
    Not really, Microsoft is already sending out devkits to their supporting companies as we speak! Lots of specs can be picked up from what people with these systems are saying, because they essentially, have the prototype for the upcoming system.

It's already determined that PS3 will utilize the Cell processor, along with a nex-gen GPU from Nvidia, whereas X2 will utilize 3 powerpc processors(only two are included in the devkits), and that they'll be getting their graphics needs from ATI, meaning yet another graphics chip war.

I wouldn't doubt those pictures though, those pictures match the claims of people with a hold of a devkit; the concave design, the color change, etc.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    The cell chip is even older news. I'm getting highly bored of Sony's and Intel's prodigy processor.

Have you all heard the Revolution could support actual 3D...I was 0.0;;;

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    yeah, i heard the actual 3d on the revolution too. of course, it may just be a widespread rumor, since nintendo refuses to reveal their latest technologies. it does sound likely, though.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Double Post(sue me)
    Actually, nobody posted here, plus I didn't want to make another thread. Don't PM me moaning about how bad I am(I know somebody is going to do it anyway).

Anyway, check out the trailer for Madden Next Gen. I'm not a sports fan, and definetly not a football fan, but those ingame graphics are hard to take your eyes off. https://www.easports.com/games/madden06/nextgen.jsp

And I say ingame, because they show the same graphic quality when in a menu, and performing several activities that would be pretty useless to render in FMV format. If that's not in realtime, EA has figured out a videogame marketing scheme to rule all others.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Brittany said:
    Double Post(sue me)
    Actually, nobody posted here, plus I didn't want to make another thread. Don't PM me moaning about how bad I am(I know somebody is going to do it anyway).

Anyway, check out the trailer for Madden Next Gen. I'm not a sports fan, and definetly not a football fan, but those ingame graphics are hard to take your eyes off. https://www.easports.com/games/madden06/nextgen.jsp

And I say ingame, because they show the same graphic quality when in a menu, and performing several activities that would be pretty useless to render in FMV format. If that's not in realtime, EA has figured out a videogame marketing scheme to rule all others.
    I've heard all of that trailer is pre-rendered, but if it's ingame, it looks awsome!

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Kip-kip said:
    I've heard all of that trailer is pre-rendered, but if it's ingame, it looks awsome!
    Weird that it would be that way, considering that it shows the ingame menu at a point on the left side of the screen, while still showing the game footage(the players being huddled, and then a sky view of the stadium).

But, from the sources I've researched, you're right. I also found that EA claims that it will be much better than the trailer graphic wise, but for obvious reasons, but I wouldn't expect for player movement animations to be that sophisticated- that doesn't exactly mean a repeating animation, like our current games, but storing all of that data to make an almost 'real life' experiance, in which any part of their body can perform a random movement that still keeps the body in sync with the controls is farfetched- even for the new BluRay/HD-DVD discs that they'll use.

Oh yeah, that reminds me about how nobody specified that point. Incase you don't know, the highly-Sony supported Blu Ray discs and the highly-Toshiba supported HD-DVD are joining forces. Nobody knows if they'll create a single disc that combines both of their strong points, or if they'll create a drive that can play both types. Obviously, PS3 fans think that whatever they choose, will be used on the PS3.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    It has been confirmed that the Xbox 360, if that's it's name, will come out sometime this year. MTV, the channel hosting the Xbox 360's show, is saying the Xbox 360 will come out in November. Also, this Thursday is the showing of the "Xenon" on MTV. To find out more infomation, go to Xbox.com's new release.
    I don't have any PS3 news except that analyst predict that the PS3 will be better than the "Xenon" which I'll doubt because analyst seem to be wrong much of the time. Firefox anyone?

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    Kip-kip said:
    It has been confirmed that the Xbox 360, if that's it's name, will come out sometime this year. MTV, the channel hosting the Xbox 360's show, is saying the Xbox 360 will come out in November. Also, this Thursday is the showing of the "Xenon" on MTV. To find out more infomation, go to Xbox.com's new release.
    I don't have any PS3 news except that analyst predict that the PS3 will be better than the "Xenon" which I'll doubt because analyst seem to be wrong much of the time. Firefox anyone?

Meh, everyone knew that it would be released in November, it just hadn't been confirmed.

Anyways, did you guys see the Xbox 360 controller? If you ask me, it looks a little too much like the PS2 controller (and the PS2 controller is my least favorite of the three). =/

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Flaming Torchic said:
    Meh, everyone knew that it would be released in November, it just hadn't been confirmed.

Anyways, did you guys see the Xbox 360 controller? If you ask me, it looks a little too much like the PS2 controller (and the PS2 controller is my least favorite of the three). =/
    https://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/news/05/06/rc0506_screen002.jpg
    It really doesn't look like the PS2 controller if you asked me. It still looks kind of like the S controller, but this is only rumors. Anyway, let me insult it by saying, "It looks like the crappist controller I've seen in my entire life. It makes the 'Gizmondo' and the 'N-Gage', aka 'The Taco', look good."

Back