• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Plot, Planning & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
  • So, I've had this RP whirling around my head for a long time now, I've even put in a hell of a lot of planning for it. After doing the same with Lunea's Veil, I'm kind of worried about how this is going to pan out, but really I need to stop being scared and learn from my mistakes in the past RP to improve my future, right? Or if that sounds a little corny, I've gotta buck up and I'm aware of that.

So, the RP this time is called Legend Hunters of Dyale, but Legend Hunters will do for short. I got the idea after playing Pokémon Conquest and having thoughts along the line of "Every f*cker in this game is in armor and none of them are fighting." So you could cite Conquest as a big inspiration.

The players take on the role of "Legend Hunters", as the title suggests; The term is a catch-all for individuals who seek out the Legendary Pokémon of the land. You, as with many others have recieved an invitation to join a well-known Legend Hunter of Cail, Lucius Cairn on a search for a Legend, the identity of which he has not disclosed to you, but he is very prepared to reward you handsomely. Have no doubt that you will come into contact with Legendary Pokémon and even convince some to join you, but also don't doubt for a second this will be totally necessary - your job as a Legend Hunter may eventually just decide the fate of all of Dyale.

As implied earlier another hook of the RP is the side of it that either through magic or mundane means, your character will be able to fight alongside your pokémon and your enemies will likely be doing the same - maybe you can imitate pokémon moves yourself? Perhaps you have simply unnatural aim with a bow to take out foes your partner can distract? Perhaps an Arypian amongst you will stand indomitable to guard their pokémon partner? I want to see people be inventive with how they and their pokémon can fight in tandem.

As the name suggests, the RP is set in the land of Dyale - a very mystical land indeed as bonds between humans and their pokémon have allowed them in many places to perform supernatural feats, like those described above. Each country in Dyale is (loosely) based on a different real-world historical period or place. Right now, I have five countries and am working on a further one with KajiVenator - I am more than happy to represent a period in history as long as there is someone else willing to help me make it semi-accurate, although I'd prefer pre-gunpowder or early gunpowder as maximum tech level. Right now we have:
    • Cail (England - Industrial Revolution)
    • Arypian League (Hellenic City States, particularly Sparta)
    • Pirates of the Arypian Sea (Golden Age of Piracy)
    • Selium (Rome - the Fall of the 2nd Triumvirate)
    • Eryllia (Ancient Egypt)
    • Byranalon (Celtic/Gaulish Europe)
    The further backwards a country is technologically, the greater its mysticality - Whilst magic used by humans is very common in a place like Eryllia, it is conversely exceptionally rare in Cail.

So, there's a little about the RP. I'd like to gauge some interest and everything, I've had positive feedback from the folks I already RP with on PC, but I want to grab feedback from all who I can, if you like the idea, if you don't?

And of course, if you want to make a country, get in touch so I can work out how they fit in geographically and politically.

Years
  • Alright, here is the (so-far) completed version of that RP
    It crosses the themes of my original survival/pokemon RP with mechanics and ideas from an anime series I've watched. Thoughts?

CONDEMNED
    250px-105Marowak.png

A Pokemon Survival RP

"This is a game of survival. You are prey and everyone standing around you is a predator. Your life is on the line whether you like it or not and you are the one responsible for your own fate."

You are a notable, famous, experienced or otherwise talented pokemon trainer from any of the regions around the world. Life was probably pretty good for you up until now, with you reaping the benefits of success. Everything changed though, with what seemed like a golden opportunity. One day – a day that would have seemed like any other up until then – you received an invitation to a tournament hosted on a privately owned island.

Dear Trainer

The Axis Corporation has recently become aware of your talents and we would like to extend to you an opportunity to take part in our first annual Axis Cooperation Challenge – a tournament involving some of the top battlers from around the globe.

The winner of this tournament will have the opportunity to earn an incredible cash prize of $300 000 as well as the opportunity to enter the Axis League professional battling circuit. If you wish to register to compete please return this email as soon as possible. Once registered please make your way to Mistralton City in the Unova region where you will be able to board our private jet for Challenge Island
    .​

The Axis Corporation is the company responsible for running the international pro-battling circuit known as the Axis League. The newer of two international circuits the league has drawn wide attention soaring to immense popularity under the careful guidance of Axis' executive committee. They are last people you would expect to be behind any sort of devious plot, so of course you took the opportunity and made your way to Mistralton City. Little did you know what lay ahead…

As you neared the island, you suddenly found yourself and every other person on the plane forced into the cargo hold, men in expensive suits pointing expensive guns at you. Your pokemon were taken from you and so were any communication devices. In return you were provided with a pokeball containing a new pokemon, five empty pokeballs of a specific type and a mysterious arm band that once put onto your arm would not remove itself, a sharp barb digging into your skin.

The Tournament

In the moments following this bizarre and frightening turn of events, a screen would illuminate displaying a well-dressed man in his early fifties - the CEO of the Axis Corporation, Elron Windslow. It was then that the rules were explained.

Yes rules, for despite its malicious nature you are still required to compete with one another – no longer for a reward but for your life. The rules of the tournament are simple
    1. To "win" and leave the island you need to collect seven additional armbands besides the one you begin with. These armbands will only detach from an individual upon their death. You can aim to kill your opponents outside of a regulated battle, or a mutually agreed challenge can be conducted in which the loser's armband will administer a lethal injection. This same injection will be given to anyone who tries to escape the island or flee a challenge.
    2. You do not compete with your original team, but rather a "starter" is provided to you as well as pokeballs. Each person is able to have six pokemon with them at a time (if you are carrying more than six filled pokeballs your armbands will inject). You can use your empty pokeballs to catch wild pokemon, or steal trained pokemon from the corpses of fallen opponents. How you obtain your team members matters very little so long as you don't have more than six on your team.
    3. To begin with you will be given five empty pokeballs of a specific type (listed later on). These will likely influence the pokemon you can catch at first. As the tournament progresses you will have the chance to take pokeballs from defeated foe, or collect them at times, expanding your collection and making it easier to capture a balanced team.
    4. You are welcome to form alliances if you wish.
    5. Supplies are frequently parachute-dropped from the sky in sturdy cases. They may contain pokeballs, food/water, clothing and other useful items. If you cannot succeed in securing a supply case you will be forced to live off of anything you brought (probably not much) and what the island itself supplies.

Available Pokeballs
    Spoiler:

Gameplay
    This roleplay is based on my original pokemon survival RP but has been combined with elements of the Btooom! Anime series. Condemned is a primarily sandbox RP that takes place over a period of several days. The RP ends when all players have either succeeded in escaping collecting seven additional armbands or have lost their last one.
    There are no levels in this RP and it is entirely up to you what pokemon you come across (so long as they are in the list), if your catches are successful or not and what ability your pokemon possesses. The only impact GMs will have on your teams is to tell you when your pokemon are able to evolve, when they can learn a new move or to tell you you're Godmodding.

Trade evolution will not exist however item evolution will.

At the beginning of each IC day a summary will be posted alerting you to
    • The weather
    • Supply drops
    • Other special events
    GMs do however reserve the right to spring random drops etc on you or might throw an extra one in as per request.

Wild Pokemon
    The pokemon available – excluding your "starter" - are separated by the habitat you may find them in. The types of environments found on the island are quite varied including mountains, caves, rainforest, lakes and rivers, beach, fields and of course the ocean.

Spoiler:

Rules
    • Do not bunny without permission and do not godmod
    • Pokemon can die
    • You may be allowed to play as multiple characters; however this must be requested and then decided upon by the GM.
    • Your "starter" and it's ability/moves will be determined by the GM upon your acceptance into the RP.
    • Make sure you and the GM can both easily keep track of your team and inventory.
    • Pokemon will have abilities and can possess no more than four moves
    • There is no player limit, the number of players will simply be cut off when I feel there's too many.
    • Inactive characters will be killed off unless the GM is contacted with a good reason.
    • If your character opens a supply case, end your post before describing the contents. The GM will then tell you what items can be found within.
    • Be respectful to each other OOC, any disputes will be handled by the GM.

Sign-Up Sheet
    Name:

Age (14+):

Hometown:

Description: A picture will suffice; however include a written section to note any difference between your character and your chosen image.

Personality:

Background Information: No need to go overboard, just information about your characters history as a trainer – how they began their journey, notable achievements and then being contacted by the Axis Corporation.

*Note: Better CSS incoming

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    @Plumbum reading through your suggestion, some very basic questions popped in my mind, to which I'd like pristine answers.
    * What does Marcellus Wallace looks like?!
    * What does being a Legend Hunter entail? I'm picturing me with one or many trusted Pokemon of mine, travelling the land, asking villagers or citizens for lore and myths that would help me pinpoint and locate the legendary I'm after. Explain to the potential players exactly why their role in this RP will be so much fun! Is there any other activity that I will/should be doing as a Legend Hunter? In other words...
    * What process do we follow, in order to find the legendary of our liking, IF that is allowed? The way I understand it, this isn't quite a sandbox RP (as we are called by Lucius to hunt a particular legendary), yet has the properties of one, what with the wide world with the many nations and an abundant amount of legendaries to hunt. Which makes me wonder:
    * If this is indeed a sandbox RP, and doesn't have that much of a linear plot, does that mean that the players will be separated so they may go to the nations where their favorite and target legendary is hiding? And if it's the other way around, if there is a bit of a linear plot to direct the story, how, where and when will we each be able to capture the legendary we've set our sights on?
    * What is our social standing as Legend Hunters? It may depend on the nation we're currently in, I suppose, or it may not - perhaps Legend Hunters are globally celebrated as heroes or globally scorned as greedy, solitary and power-hungry Pokemon trainers.
    * Why should we hunt with Lucius? We're Legend Hunters, not mercenaries, and if I was a Legend Hunter, I would be out hunting on my own, money would be the least of my worries, not to mention I would see no point in helping someone else gain a legendary, especially if I'm after that legendary. Of course, this is a subjective view, but this is the kind of character I'm picturing as a Legend Hunter, and I wouldn't want him to be forced into this, nor would I have him changed so he would cooperate. (still, it IS too early to be thinking of character ideas)
    Alright, time for the setting. I haven't played Pokemon Conquest and know next to nothing about it except from the very obvious shape of the land they based it on, so if you are basing the RP on Pokemon Conquest, you had best let us in on some basic information that will help us picture the whole thing more clearly. You have allowed gun powder - what about PokeBalls? Potions and other modern technology? I assume those are to be left out of this one. If PokeBalls don't exist, how exactly are we to catch the Legendaries, or any Pokemon for that matter?

I feel like I have to warn you about mixing a great number of ages into a single continent. I get that it's enticing to replicate great historical times in a story, but some of the ages you mentioned have a gap of two thousand years between them in the real world. The realism of your continuity would be absolutely destroyed in my eyes if those coexisted in a setting because you squeezed them in, somehow. The problem is not just the ages, but geography as well; I think it would be impossible for places so extremely diverse to coexist in a single continent, next to each other. Then again, it's fiction, so limits can be pushed, but I will say that I'd much rather have few of the ages of intrigue mixed in the setting rather than an extravagant amount.

@gimmepie Axis Corporation. Is that a german thing? I wouldn't be surprised if the men in the expensive suits were german. xD Anyways, onto the RP.

So far, it looks like the standard RP, definitely up to par. But I feel like I've seen something of the sort before, it seems like it follows a strict formula and refuses to go the extra mile. I suggest you go the extra mile. We are suddenly transported in an environment that is unknown to us; therefore, exploration should play a big part in it, aside from catching Pokemon. If I were you, I'd give some flair to the island. A twist to the setting that will render it a notch above your common island with a bunch of areas where Pokemon are available to catch - further the setting only a bit, and it makes it so much more interesting. Maybe the island itself could have abandoned Axis facilities where the players pick up on clues on the Corporation and whatever is up with the survival game they've been plunged it, and also use that facility as a place for catching Pokemon like Magnemite, Voltorb and the rest. Additionally, the island could have a certain reputation for [something] that you mention in the first section of the OOC; so the players know even before they set out for it. If there is a sense of mystery or dread, it'll make the exploration and the survival game so much more fun.

Great! Now onto mechanics. I have some questions regarding how this works. How many people are participating in this tournament? At first, I thought I would have to essentially kill PCs in order to get ahead, and that somehow seemed like an impossibility, since you owe some form of plot armor to your players, but then I realized that I could also challenge NPCs. What of those? Are they controlled by the GMs? If they are controlled by the player, are you sure they'll give a fair fight?

If the players decide what the result of throwing a PokeBall will be, then what purpose do so many types of PokeBalls serve? If I made a simple minded character, I'd have him looking out for Ultra Balls, which award a pretty fair catch rate at all times, and care only about those. I have to confess, it's difficult to keep track of so many PokeBalls at once. I'd much rather have a few that I know for sure what effects they have, but it may just be me. A variety is always cool.

Years
  • @Prince - It definitely needs something more, I actually had the idea of this having a sort of indirect sequel. Perhaps I could layer some hints towards that and use those to create and delve into lore?

You were right about me aiming for a darker tone, I've always loved the idea of pokemon survival RPs but my previous attempts have been dramatic failures since they required direct competition between players. The idea with this RP is that rather than have to kill off other player characters, the RP simply requires all player characters to have taken out seven NPCs (or died themselves) to reach its conclusion.

As for the actual mechanics, putting it simply there are three ways to get an armband
    1. Use your pokemon, or any other method really, to kill someone outside of a regulated battle.
    2. Two competitors can agree to a formal match in which the loser will succumb to an injection from their armband.
    3. Just collect them from people others have already taken out.

You mentioned that someone might just go seeking ultra balls perhaps but they are only available in supply drops and the items inside supply drops are determined by the GM. So that could be quite fruitless depending on how nice I'm feeling. I will agree though that I could do with less possible pokeballs. In the anime that inspired my mechanics, there were six or seven types of bomb I believe - so would about that number of pokeballs make sense too?

Going back to an earlier point, the number of people on the island would equal the number of players x7 give or take.

Edit: Also Axis Corporation has nothing to do with Germany I hadn't even thought of that, rather it is a reference to X & Y

Last edited:

Manche

Genetist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2015
    I am considering making a rolrplay for pokemon fsions as long said fusions have enough sentkkence to be able to understand human language, and maybe able to speak it

I would start by the beginning of a ''prison break'' where these enhanced pokemon hybrids escape... so far the idea would be to escape the complex that created them (to sell to very rich trainers who dont want to play by the rules so instead they order custom pokemons)

I would like there characters to have some basica info like size, weight and the attacks they can perform as well as some kind of weakness (hemophilia, alergies, phobias, etc)

the whole idea would revolve around escaping and experiencing the outside world, and overcoming difficulties, and avoid getting caught in the process

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I am considering making a roleplay for pokemon fusions as long said fusions have enough sentience to be able to understand human language, and maybe able to speak it

I would start by the beginning of a ''prison break'' where these enhanced pokemon hybrids escape... so far the idea would be to escape the complex that created them (to sell to very rich trainers who don't want to play by the rules so instead they order custom pokemon)

I would like there characters to have some basic info like size, weight and the attacks they can perform as well as some kind of weakness (hemophilia, allergies, phobias, etc)

the whole idea would revolve around escaping and experiencing the outside world, and overcoming difficulties, and avoid getting caught in the process

Seems like a neat idea. I think canon is that pokemon understand most human language anyway, so I'm sure your idea with these more intelligent hybrids would work fine.

Once escaped where would the roleplay go? Is there any particular place they can run to? Will they meet 'ordinary' pokemon? Would the enemy be all humans or just the ones from this laboratory that have experimented on them?

Manche

Genetist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2015
    Seems like a neat idea. I think canon is that pokemon understand most human language anyway, so I'm sure your idea with these more intelligent hybrids would work fine.

Once escaped where would the roleplay go? Is there any particular place they can run to? Will they meet 'ordinary' pokemon? Would the enemy be all humans or just the ones from this laboratory that have experimented on them?

Humans and also ordinary pokemons will be either friends, foes or neutral depending on the case I am pretty sure that not everyone would be scared, disgusted, or bounty hunting (preeeety sure someone would want to capture those mutants for themselves or return them for a reward)

Helpful humans and pokemons are a possibility

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looking at what I said previously, do you think it would be more effective if I made it so GMs determined the success of a capture? That would result in more captures failing and a more dire need to hunt for pokeballs in one way or another.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Looking at what I said previously, do you think it would be more effective if I made it so GMs determined the success of a capture? That would result in more captures failing and a more dire need to hunt for pokeballs in one way or another.

Yeah, I think it's only fair that GMs regulated the success of captures, and like you said, the sense of restriction would make players actively look for more PokeBalls. If you didn't determine whether a Pokemon was caught or not, some may take advantage of that. Not to mention, in such kind of an RP, it's always best for the GMs to have at least some form of control over player power (Pokemon teams in this case) - that way, the balance between players is more easily kept and more difficult to breach. The choice is clear to me. Better safe and fair than sorry.

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
    Years
  • Ah, rey. Where would I be with RPs if you weren't around to ask all the entertaining questions that make me consider rewrites?

What does being a Legend Hunter entail? I'm picturing me with one or many trusted Pokemon of mine, travelling the land, asking villagers or citizens for lore and myths that would help me pinpoint and locate the legendary I'm after. Explain to the potential players exactly why their role in this RP will be so much fun! Is there any other activity that I will/should be doing as a Legend Hunter?
    What do you do as a Legend Hunter? Well, you hunt Legends! Wait, that's not descriptive enough.

Well, that's still the basic job description - you do indeed travel the world with your faithful Pokémon (tell you more about that later), following whatever trail you can to get just that little bit closer to a Legendary Pokémon - although it's not as if you can only have one Legendary quarry or even a specific one. As for what else you do? Well, sometimes the trail runs dry does it not? When it does, Legend Hunters tend to bide their time questing in a more traditional fashion - and it is not even uncommon for some Legend Hunters to band together in search of a Legendary; After all, a Legendary Pokémon chooses a Hunter it is willing to follow, not the other way around and if a Legendary chooses one of the Hunters in a group, it's not like the others are going to be in any position to argue it without a Legendary Pokémon of their own.​

In other words...
    What process do we follow, in order to find the legendary of our liking, IF that is allowed? The way I understand it, this isn't quite a sandbox RP (as we are called by Lucius to hunt a particular legendary), yet has the properties of one, what with the wide world with the many nations and an abundant amount of legendaries to hunt.

Which makes me wonder: If this is indeed a sandbox RP, and doesn't have that much of a linear plot, does that mean that the players will be separated so they may go to the nations where their favorite and target legendary is hiding? And if it's the other way around, if there is a bit of a linear plot to direct the story, how, where and when will we each be able to capture the legendary we've set our sights on?
    The opening with Lucius is a starter a launching pad that gets the players together and on the same page. From that point, it's mostly the players' call as to how they go after their Legendaries. I'll be releasing information about the Legendaries, lores and hints as the RP goes on and it's actually up to the players how they go about it. Say for example I keep dropping hints that Lugia is resting at the bottom of the Arypian Sea or that Groudon is a part of the Eryllian landscape. (Just examples, may not be the case) - it's up to the players if they then go grab a boat and chase after Lugia in the sea, gear up to head into the desert after Groudon or go looking for leads on other Legendary Pokémon. Of course, to anyone interested, remember what I said earlier - a Legendary pokémon chooses you, not the other way around - you have to also consider the nature of the 'mon and present yourself as the kind of person that mon would ally itself to.

Consider it this way: There is a plot, and there are points at which I'll call all of the players together to do one thing or another that advances that plot, however there is a lot of down-time also in which the players are free to hunt on their own terms.​

What is our social standing as Legend Hunters? It may depend on the nation we're currently in, I suppose, or it may not - perhaps Legend Hunters are globally celebrated as heroes or globally scorned as greedy, solitary and power-hungry Pokemon trainers.
    As you quite rightly guessed, it does make a difference where you are and who you're talking to. Generally, leaders of lands do not like Legend Hunters. They see them as threats, given they seek power, unless you are of course officially aligned to them. Beyond that, it is down to the individual's disposition. Soldiers, regular adventurers and the like idolise and even aspire to Legend Hunters, since they usually lack the stones to take on a life like it themselves. Regular people might fear what you would do with that Legendary and any religious folk might object to you prodding around their ancient artifacts. Of course, it is commonly known that Legend Hunters are either some of the toughest warriors in all of Dyale - or delude themselves that they are - so some may even seek to make use of you. The opinions on Legend Hunting, as with anything in real life are hotly divided.​

Why should we hunt with Lucius? We're Legend Hunters, not mercenaries, and if I was a Legend Hunter, I would be out hunting on my own, money would be the least of my worries, not to mention I would see no point in helping someone else gain a legendary, especially if I'm after that legendary. Of course, this is a subjective view, but this is the kind of character I'm picturing as a Legend Hunter, and I wouldn't want him to be forced into this, nor would I have him changed so he would cooperate. (still, it IS too early to be thinking of character ideas)
    Like I say, it's not uncommon for Legend Hunting parties to exist. Some lesser Legendaries can even be taken on directly by many common pokémon, lessening the risk should the Legend choose none of you. If it is of course the Hunter's disposition to be antagonistic to other Hunters, that is something I can work with the player on to find why they'd want to go to Cail.

Furthermore, Lucius is commonly known to be one of the most thorough lorekeepers of Legendaries - although he makes his money in his businesses, he spends it on getting servants and researchers in all corners of the world finding new information and feeding it all right back to him - there is a library in his manor that is rumored to have lore on almost every Legendary Pokémon to ever exist - and there are other rewards than monetary ones, don't you know?​

Alright, time for the setting. I haven't played Pokemon Conquest and know next to nothing about it except from the very obvious shape of the land they based it on, so if you are basing the RP on Pokemon Conquest, you had best let us in on some basic information that will help us picture the whole thing more clearly. You have allowed gun powder - what about PokeBalls? Potions and other modern technology? I assume those are to be left out of this one. If PokeBalls don't exist, how exactly are we to catch the Legendaries, or any Pokemon for that matter?
    Flat-out modern technology doesn't exist, although I'm looking for ways to allow Mewtwo and Genesect despite their clear technologically-based origins.

Yes, that includes Pokéballs. What does that mean in regards to catching pokémon? You don't. I should explain that in Conquest, you form a Link - that is a bond with a pokémon and it simply follows you around - and it isn't much different in Dyale. Whether you gave it a show of strength, saved it from other wilds, showed it kindness or similar, you did something that made the pokémon want to follow you around. Of course, this is far easier to do to a weak, young pokémon than a prouder, stronger, older one - which means most hunters still have to go through the starting out weak thing.

I was hesitant to mention Pokémon Conquest, to be fair. It's where I got the idea and for a time, I was even going to include Ransei as an area within Dyale until I just realised I was really short on knowledge about Feudal Japan, unlike absolutely everyone else. For the most part, I would like people, until I've got information about the continents specifically put down to paper at least to imagine the lands as their historical inspiration... which brings me nicely to the last bit, I think.​

I feel like I have to warn you about mixing a great number of ages into a single continent. I get that it's enticing to replicate great historical times in a story, but some of the ages you mentioned have a gap of two thousand years between them in the real world. The realism of your continuity would be absolutely destroyed in my eyes if those coexisted in a setting because you squeezed them in, somehow. The problem is not just the ages, but geography as well; I think it would be impossible for places so extremely diverse to coexist in a single continent, next to each other. Then again, it's fiction, so limits can be pushed, but I will say that I'd much rather have few of the ages of intrigue mixed in the setting rather than an extravagant amount.
    Well, on the geography side of things, remember that Dyale isn't a small place. If I were to put it in a scale against the real world, I'd say you're looking at about the area including all of Europe, out into Asia as far as India and Africa as far south as about Mali and Niger. Cail, the smallest nation in Dyale is the size of Ransei on its own. I would like to think that is lots of room for many cultures to exist.

However, on a reflection, I do see that the gap is a little too wide for certain, or at the very least, Eryllia is simply too far behind the times. So, to keep roughly the same inspiration but give them a technological edge, I've decided to advance Eryllia to an approximation of Ptolemaic Egypt, which puts it in about the same technological frame as Selium and Arypia. The remaining time gap is covered by the mysticality of the land. Where people have advanced their interests in technology, many have become jaded and stopped caring or believing in the mysticality of their land, whilst conversely, those who carry on the mysticality in their lands, often either believe they do not need technological advance or have simply abused the need to move forward, creating the large technological gaps you can still see.​

The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero

The Dragoness Artist
    Years
  • I had an idea for a Fossil Fighters RP but since it's only the second time I've tried, advice will be greatly appreciated. I highly doubt I'll actually put this up as a finished RP. Unless someone can help me manage it. XP Here's what I've done so far. Working on a map.

Weather Omen - A Fossil Fighters RP
    Spoiler:

Vivosaurs
    Spoiler:

Vivosaur owners
    Spoiler:

Vivosaur medals
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • Hoenn: Land of Talent (working title)

Spoiler:

Keep in mind this is the freshly planted seed of the rp I can see blooming in my brain garden.

Any constructive feedback would be much appreciated.
    THANK YOU

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I had an idea for a Fossil Fighters RP but since it's only the second time I've tried, advice will be greatly appreciated. I highly doubt I'll actually put this up as a finished RP. Unless someone can help me manage it. XP Here's what I've done so far. Working on a map.

-snip-

Is this based on anything in particular? It has a good amount of background, so if it's all from your head then congrats, haha.

One thing I worry, reading your story section, is there are too many jumps. When you got to the 10,100 years ago (not a very nice, round number :() talking about humans bonding with these creatures to tackle the monstrous, destructive dinosaurs I assumed we were at the main part. Perhaps it would be best to scrap the Vivosaur section, which does add a lot of convolution to your idea, and stick with first part?

That way you also have a built-in end point, defeating the giant, and it gives your story a sense of importance - it's people and animals defending their home. Your current story doesn't have the same sense of urgency, and instead closely follows the 'standard' pokemon roleplay starting point.

Warriors with dinosaur buddies defend their home > Scientist gathers pet owners to investigate phenomena.

IMO.

The Dragoness Artist
    Years
  • Actually, the concept is from Fossil Fighters, but the story and the continent it's on is my idea. So thank you for the compliment.

Ah, okay. Well, I was trying to make it somewhat plausible scientifically on what happened. 10,000 years ago was the last Ice Age, which is when the island was supposed to have sunk under rising sea levels. But I think I'll try changing it to... How does 11,000 years ago sound? Actually, I was debating on which part of my idea to use really, as I had several ideas all together but I went with this one. Can't remember why. So I think I'll go with your suggestion. I am, right at this moment, making ideas for just that. As for the Vivosaur section, that was mostly for anyone who isn't familiar with Fossil Fighters.

You got a point there. I think I was just going with a safe route subconsciously since it's "standard", to say.

Thanks for the comments. I'm gonna put up an edited version in a bit.

Edit: Here's the edited version. Again, advice will be appreciated.

Weather Omen - A Fossil Fighters RP
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • This rp... Well, if I'm honest, it was based on sleep deprivation and Google images at 1am. But I think it could be a fun premise.

Spoiler:

Nothing but the basic concept is really set in stone here - the legendary thing, for example, might need to go, all things considered, and the region needs a proper name. Nevertheless, some opinions, suggestions, and general critique would be much appreciated - I'm sure there's a lot of plot holes I've missed, and the whole thing will float like a sieve if they're left unattended.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • The charred mecha dragon zero in response to your questions and statements:

Capture techniques

Spoiler:

The Dragoness Artist
    Years
  • Huh... I wonder how I forgot about that...

I can see why you'd try to do this, and it makes some sense since it's been years since the Gym Leaders we're used to in Hoenn lived, but I think it might do you good to think through exactly what and who are the Pokémon and Gym Leaders respectively. Not everyone's gonna like a time-jumped Hoenn, even though I think it makes sense.

You're welcome.

By the ways, Grimace, I agree with H3115r3p3ntanc3 on many of the things he said. The idea certainly gives a urgent need to survive which makes it even more exciting. You just need to fill in the plot holes.

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • 1st: Funnily enough, though I have heard of the ditto theory you're talking about, it was more watching that Genesect movie with Mewtwo, and wondering why they still bothered.

Spoiler:

I lengthened the time-scale on the thing and added a few details here and there.

Second: depending on the PCs and where they choose to go/which crazy hermits they decide to talk to, yes, the children are a plot device. Otherwise, it's just another creepy detail. Much the same as the surviving resident's disappearance, etc.

Third: Did he survive? Diiid he? Either he was some kind of protaganist, very lucky, or it wasn't him who told the rest of the region about the whole blowing up the town shebang. Or maybe he was just somebody who lied for his five minutes of fame.

Fifth: Yeah, I think you have a point there. Writing out rp ideas in the wee hours does have a knock on effect where logic is concerned :P

The general idea with the rather extreme power level is to force outcomes that isn't just killing the monster when the first chance is presented. Obviously, there will be time for fighting, and there will certainly be a chance to battle with 'blobby', but ideally nearer the conclusion of the roleplay.

Edit: I noticed I forgot to address two of your questions. As for who is keeping track of all this, the scientist-peeps who created blobby are using satellites with cameras for that. As for where they came from, well, where else would you get town-maps from? XP

Blobby's powers manifest either as being able to use moves of absorbed pokemon, or copying their forms/appearances, usually partially. Ie, he can create a whirlwind from having absorbed Pidgeot, or have a pair of wings sprout out of his back with the same basis.

Aaand, because you were so helpful in developing this idea a little more, I feel like I should try and give something to you. The only thing I can really think of, for now, is if people develop bonds with 'mons, and don't battle them or whatever any longer, how do you make sure something you're lining up to bond with isn't going to maul you? Like, I can see this working quite well with, say, a Zigzagoon, but not so well, perhaps, with an Ursaring. Is there maybe a list of pre-approved pokémon people can try to bond with, or is it just a 'if it isn't eating you, go for it!' type deal?

... It's just occurred to me that I have a very bleak view of pokémon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I'm seeking a partner for a one on one Pokemon adventure roleplay! I'm kind of new to this whole roleplay thing, so I'm thinking it would be on the shorter side, to work my way into RP. Would this be the right thread for that? ;v;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back