• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
Years
  • really? then supercalifradulisticexpialidocious must be the coolest word ever!

either way, this looks like an amazing game, and i cant wait until the next edition of corocoro comes out so we have more to speculate.
    While everyones talking about spelling instead of pokemon, is that really how you spell that? I know a really long word, and ironically, it means a fear of long words, true.
    Hippoptomonstrousesquippedaliophobia|
    supercalifradulisticexpialidocious --------| is shorter! if you take off the "phobia" they're about the same.

Back to topic, it would be cool if your pkmn could exceed LV100, and go to something like 500. in the RBY series the highest level possible was 255, without cheats. (if you know how to! :P) it was also like that in GSC, but you did need cheats. Im not sure about RSE, FRLG or DPP...
    if you must know how its because of hex issues, FF=255, but if you only had F, it would be 15, so they left it at FF and put a barrier at LV100.

Last edited:

Pokefan92

Poke Fan for Generations
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    I think i've figured out what platinum is about. It is when there is a disturbance on Mt. Coronet and the portal to the ruined world is opened and the climate becomes colder. That is all i know. I think the ruined world must invlove giritina in some form. I think that maybe you would have to find a way to close the portal, but i am not sure of how to do that. I also think (with the matters of sunyshore gym) that the new leader is probablt new. I wish (like everyone else) that in a game we wil be able to go to different regions. I think it would even be cool if they did the fiore region, but that probably wouldnt happen. You can go to wikipedia and search pokemon platinum to find the info.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    While everyones talking about spelling instead of pokemon, is that really how you spell that? I know a really long word, and ironically, it means a fear of long words, true.
    supercalifradulisticexpialidocious --------| is shorter! if you take off the "phobia" they're about the same.

Back to topic, it would be cool if your pkmn could exceed LV100, and go to something like 500. in the RBY series the highest level possible was 255, without cheats. (if you know how to! :P) it was also like that in GSC, but you did need cheats. Im not sure about RSE, FRLG or DPP...
    if you must know how its because of hex issues, FF=255, but if you only had F, it would be 15, so they left it at FF and put a barrier at LV100.

actually, in order to get to 255 without cheats, you need either Red or Blue. If im correct in what ur saying, that... thing... wasn't included in yellow version. it only works in Red/Blue.
    anyway, i think Level 100 is a good level cap, because it becomes the first triple digit number in the order, so it has some significance. besides, why would they change it after four generations use that level cap?
    (did they know about the way to do it in FR/LG? cuz that would be amazing if you could do it in Fire Red and Leaf Green.

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • While everyones talking about spelling instead of pokemon, is that really how you spell that? I know a really long word, and ironically, it means a fear of long words, true.

Ah, but pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is even longer.

Anyway, I hope they don't put hail in battle everywhere, even if it is colder. If they do, Platinum's not going to be my favourite game... rather, my least favourite.

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
  • You know, think about it: all of the things we've mentioned- Snowpoint snow everywhere, hail in every battle- do you SERIOUSLY think Nintendo would make things that miserable? Of course not! No one would buy the game after they'd heard it was like that.

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
    Years
  • actually, in order to get to 255 without cheats, you need either Red or Blue. If im correct in what ur saying, that... thing... wasn't included in yellow version. it only works in Red/Blue.
    anyway, i think Level 100 is a good level cap, because it becomes the first triple digit number in the order, so it has some significance. besides, why would they change it after four generations use that level cap?
    (did they know about the way to do it in FR/LG? cuz that would be amazing if you could do it in Fire Red and Leaf Green.
    no, it isnt possible in yellow, but they dont have trade restricions on yellow, so you can just trade them over, other games dont let you trade glitch pkmn and in some cases cheated pkmn. and about FRLG, are you saying there is a way, or you wish there was, if there is, can you please share it? though you probably could do it in FRLG with a specifically made code, and change it after 4 gens, i doubt they would, but what i meant was when you finished the game, got all ur pokes to 100, got all items etc, it isnt all that fun anymore, with up to 500 it would be a bigger challenge to get ur pkmn to be the strongest. also they would have to use 2 FF bytes resulting in a max level of 65535, that same number is the max HP, defense, attack etc of the pkmn in the GBA games, my sceptile at one point had 65535 HP, but i forgot to save... if you want to know how to get the 65535HP, PM me, ive already put a heap of off-topic stuff as it is...

Ah, but pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is even longer.

Anyway, I hope they don't put hail in battle everywhere, even if it is colder. If they do, Platinum's not going to be my favourite game... rather, my least favourite.
    what? i can barely read that but it sounds like a disease, what does it mean?
    and the hail, yes, i agree, i hate weather conditions, especially if they come from the enemies side, or if they have a pkmn immune to them, like tyranitar to sandstorm, or rayqaza to any weather conditions. they make the battles annoying.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well at leas serebii will have new stuff in a week. And im not that happy cause probably it will be some stupid screens with no new info at all.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • They somewhat would need to put weather in every city, I mean in our world, we always have some weather.

Pokefan92

Poke Fan for Generations
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    True but still having all weather would totally suck because u can get pelted by hail in battles, and sink in the snow when your walking. I really hope to see a good storyline in this game something good once you beat the ELite 4, like in LG/FR after you beat the E4 you could go to the islands 4-? i think but yea, then in one you had to stop team rocket and help Lorelei! I want something like that.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
  • Yes. Here are some new scans:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Great new scans, something to wet our appetite with. Did they change the Origin Forme Giratina sprite? And it looks like we can get both Giratina formes in the game, too.

Nope, I don't see a new Pokémon in the last scan... Unless you mean Shaymin's new Sky Forme.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    okay, now time for paint to indicate what i noticed!
    the third one, im not dead sure what it might be... any thoughts?

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
  • Do I spy a new Pokemon in that last scan? Or is that just one I missed?

Um....your trippin'. ^^;; There's no new Pokémon xD

Great new scans, something to wet our appetite with. Did they change the Origin Forme Giratina sprite? And it looks like we can get both Giratina formes in the game, too.

Nope, I don't see a new Pokémon in the last scan... Unless you mean Shaymin's new Sky Forme.

Yes, I think so. Maybe that other Origin Forme Sprite was a "beta". Who knows...also that new Battle frontier looks awesome!

EDIT:
    paperfunk, that minigame you mentioned involves poffin and a swalot.

Also, on that last image, the pic on the right is the Battle Tower I think. And the one the left might be the Torn World.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    imjust wondering because there is arrows inbetween both of them, imo indicating transport between the two.
    (i thought it was GTS and Torn World, but what ever; i digress)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back