• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

When should I release a beta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyoid

Delta Atacker
Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    no problem ^^
    thats nothing special xDD

Edit: i can help you when you will ^^
    im not so good but i can work with unlz gba good

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Ok thanks, I'm ok for help. But if I PM you a patch could you test the graphics and the music. I'm not so sure about the new battle music so tell me what you think. Also here is what I'm AIMING FOR with the battle screen - This is not yet part of the game, it's just to show what I want to do.
    Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well that seems fine, but I don't see how it is much different to D/P screen.

Well I guess you could try and make the grass patch under the hero and pochy to look more like the D/P ones.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Thanks, I'm trying to do the palette edting now. But I'm struggling because its not finding it in hex, so I'm making a mistake somewhere. Also do you ever get palettes that are like --67 5467 45-- (- could be anything and I made the numbers up) instead of 6754 6745 ?

Lyoid

Delta Atacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    k thanks but the musik/sound is on my pc not the best because my pc is to slow for corectlie sound play but i doo my best ^^

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • cartmic said:
    Are you filpping the numbers over?
    Yeah, I will of missed 2 values out somewhere, it's annoying really, I make stupid mistakes then after about 10 minuits of checking technical stuff, then realise that it's something small. I did it yesterday, forgeting to rename a page .shtml.

Lyoid said:
    k thanks but the musik/sound is on my pc not the best because my pc is to slow for corectlie sound play but i doo my best ^^
    Just hold space or put speed up toggle on, I'll upload a patch an PM u.

EDIT: I've finally got te percEntages I needed, I now should be able to make the game in a smaller scale to D/P

STRETCH/SKEW VALUE TO INSERT

LENGTH 240/256 = 93.75%. ~ 94.
    X
    WIDTH 160/192 = 83.333%. ~ 83.

so... 89% x 89%

Hope I did it right!
    -----below might not make sense as someone was asking to be a beta tester and I think their post got deleted--------------------------------------
    Erm ok, I kind of wasn't offering beta-tester positions, its just that he said he'd like to help. So please don't ask unless I offer. I'm not at a stage to offer beta tester positions, it was just to check the music was ok really as my speakers arn't to good. But ok I'll PM you a download link, I don't mind.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    cool man this is amazing a hack of diamond i like this hack :D

Hiroki

¬¬
    Years
  • Green Charizard said:
    Also here is what I'm AIMING FOR with the battle screen - This is not yet part of the game, it's just to show what I want to do.
    Good luck. ^_^ You should release the game ASAP, then when Sprites come out for the game, you could replace them. Nothing wrong with releasing a version after the official one is out. Also try using the grass from FRLG, you should be able too because FRLG was built off of R/S. =/

Edit: Are you keeping the original story and etc, or just changing the graphics or what? You should buy the game when it comes out then remake the game on a hack. That would PWN.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • gold said:
    cool man this is amazing a hack of diamond i like this hack :D
    Thanks but it's a hack of ruby into diamond

Hiroki said:
    Good luck. ^_^ You should release the game ASAP, then when Sprites come out for the game, you could replace them. Nothing wrong with releasing a version after the official one is out. Also try using the grass from FRLG, you should be able too because FRLG was built off of R/S. =/

Edit: Are you keeping the original story and etc, or just changing the graphics or what? You should buy the game when it comes out then remake the game on a hack. That would PWN.
    Yeah I might do the fire-red grass thing, yeah I planned on versions after the first anyway. Hey good idea, I might do that (make the game after release). It's not like we can hack it straight away anyway. Yeah I'll use a bit of the D/P story.

BuoyselLover said:
    This looks really cool! I gotta watch out for this!
    Thanks!

I may update later, I'mgoing to attempt to sort out these trees with what I worked out above, I wanted to do it yesterday but couldn't get on the site to get my percentages. I'll save it now.

Out of intrest is there anything that anyone wants included for the beta?

Hiroki

¬¬
    Years
  • Hmm can I be BETA staff or something or other? lmfao Just messin with you.

Seriously, upload a BETA.

The starters atm should be left the same. and try to make the truck into a Car. That seems logical. Just keep making the graphics.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Yeah the graphics are staying, however the truck you mention is going. He'll start in his room, I planned this from the beggining, has anyone any ideas on how to get rid of the screen shaking. By the way I'm not having testers, whats to test? I've not done anything tonight through building my site, I'll give this a page when I get around to it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Great job so far Green_Charizard ;)
    If you need any help scripting tell me.

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
    Years
  • maybe good

yeah, i like the idea, its very original.

but i cant understand how would you extract the storyline of the future new game..
    right now only a few details about the development of the events has been released, and a hack needs a lot of texts.
    Anyway i support you

PS: I think i can help you a lot with the original published sprites of DP, i've uploaded it here. Use them freely.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Christos said:
    Great job so far Green Charizard ;)
    If you need any help scripting tell me.
    Thanks but I can do scripts, I've got alot I could adapt from another game I made. Thanks your hacks are great to.
    Sergio-- said:
    yeah, i like the idea, its very original.

but i cant understand how would you extract the storyline of the future new game..
    right now only a few details about the development of the events has been released, and a hack needs a lot of texts.
    Anyway i support you

PS: I think i can help you a lot with the original published sprites of DP, i've uploaded it here. Use them freely.
    Thanks, your hack was always one I looked forward to in release. Over the extracting the story line. It's more for other people to hack over, but yes it's going to hae Diamond and pearl in, it's easy to plan out little events though. Like at first you go and see the professor in his lab, the you have the briefcase event, an easy edit of the bag. Then you go on the adventure, I can plan the missing bits from the world map. At the third town your encountered by that team and the proffessor also you battle your rival on the route to the right. I'd also imagine a gym would be in this town too. Yeah it does need alot of texts, but if I do them at the same time as doing the map, I should manage. Thanks for the images too, I like some of yours toobut I'll use the official, so thanks and if they're used your name will be in the credits. I'd use them now but that tutorial has been "~~~~Temporaraly Removed~~~~" so if aynone has a copy could you PM it to me please?

i've sorted out te trees but they need inserting, I added both my horizontal and vertical percentages and divided it by two to keep proportion and it came out fine see:

Last edited:

Hiroki

¬¬
    Years
  • Stech and Skew is good. MS Paint is good if you know how to use it properly, it's good for drawing, but Photoshop still pwns. ;)

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Yeah, I've got both, but for tiles paint is easier.

I've inseted the tree and it looks rather bad. If anyone feels like importing the middle tree from above, feel free. I'll remake mine again as it's not even worth posting. (Don't worry I've got back ups of the game if I can't sort out these trees.) Just use the space provided within the image bellow. If I use yours instead of mine you'll get credit.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • Green Charizard said:
    Yeah, I've got both, but for tiles paint is easier.

I've inseted the tree and it looks rather bad. If anyone feels like importing the middle tree from above, feel free. I'll remake mine again as it's not even worth posting. (Don't worry I've got back ups of the game if I can't sort out these trees.) Just use the space provided within the image bellow. If I use yours instead of mine you'll get credit.

How many colours does your tree have?

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • It has 7 not including the grass, but that order of shading needs to stay as it's been palette edited. I'll have another go myself in the morning. Also it can't be half of a tree to mirror, D/P doesn't work that way, the point sticks out at one side or the other. I've learn't alot about these future games through this. Especially the 89% for DS to GA conversion (it's actually 88.5% but you can't have half a pixel so it may be ne pixel over)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back